[Q] Can't restore ta.img

Search This thread

Poustic

Mar 26, 2013
Hi so I want to go back to stock kernel and also get back my drm keys. I'm actually on DooMKernel (rooted and bootloader unlocked ofc). I've saw on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2292598
that this is the simplest way of doing what i want :
Q: Can I restore my TA while running a non-stock ROM or kernel?
A: Yes, but it will soft-brick your device and you need Sony PC Companion or Flashtool to fix it by flashing stock firmware. Best is to first return to a complete stock ROM and kernel before restoring the TA.
But i cant even do step 1 (restore ta.img). Every time I try to restore it says please make your decision then i can only quit...
Maybe i'm mistaken somewhere, i've put my ta.img in c:\backup-ta\tools\backup\ta.img please help

Jun 16, 2013
What version of ta backup did you used? Did you extract the ta.img from the compressed back up file? Because as far as I know you don't have to extract the ta.img itself from the compressed file.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

ojukiyo

Nov 19, 2013
Same problem, can't restore my TA.zip
Backup-TA.bat report this:
" No se encuentra el punto de entrada del procedimiento (Can't find enter point at proc)
?initialize@CLASS_DESCRIPTOR@@QAEEXZ en la biblioteca de vínculos dinámicos
(into DLL) E:\Android\Backup-TA-9.11\tools\find.exe."

Some help?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2013
cahnge windows

Same problem, can't restore my TA.zip
Backup-TA.bat report this:
" No se encuentra el punto de entrada del procedimiento (Can't find enter point at proc)
?initialize@CLASS_DESCRIPTOR@@QAEEXZ en la biblioteca de vínculos dinámicos
(into DLL) E:\Android\Backup-TA-9.11\tools\find.exe."

Some help?
Thanks in advance

i got windows 10 on my laptop and i got the same message
take your tool with the backup files to another computer with windows 7 or 8 (i tried windows 8 whick works with me)
and voilaaaa...it works and got my DRM keys back :D