Struggling to re-lock and S-ON my One

Search This thread

a32guy

Dec 29, 2010
Hi all,

I followed this guide: http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/

-Flashed the RUU for my AT&T device no problem -- however after flashing, I still had S-OFF and was unlocked.
-I then tried to relock the bootloader but didn't have SU so couldn't use the method listed in the guide. I did 'fastboot oem lock', and it now reads "relocked"
-I still have S-OFF and don't want to lose that until my bootloader reads "locked"

Any help? I've been battling Windows 8.1 in the office all day and am at my wits end! I do have access to an XP and OSX machine at home.

Thanks in advance!

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hi all,

I followed this guide: http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/

-Flashed the RUU for my AT&T device no problem -- however after flashing, I still had S-OFF and was unlocked.
-I then tried to relock the bootloader but didn't have SU so couldn't use the method listed in the guide. I did 'fastboot oem lock', and it now reads "relocked"
-I still have S-OFF and don't want to lose that until my bootloader reads "locked"

Any help? I've been battling Windows 8.1 in the office all day and am at my wits end! I do have access to an XP and OSX machine at home.

Thanks in advance!

http://androidforums.com/internatio...bootloader-without-htcdev-s-off-required.html

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
That requires SU as well which the OEM ROM doesn't have. Do I need to undo all my work to obtain root again? If so, it seems like that guide is a bit out of order.

Thanks

you only need the one step
to LOCK your bootloader,enter the following:

adb devices

adb shell

su (if needed to get a # prompt)

echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796
(i would very strongly recomend you copy/paste this)

exit
(exit a second time if you need to to get back to a normal > prompt)

adb reboot bootloader

verify you are now locked
to UNLOCK your bootloader,enter the following:

adb devices

adb shell

su (if needed to get a # prompt)

echo -ne "HTCU" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796
(i would very strongly recomend you copy/paste this)

exit
(exit a second time if you need to to get back to a normal > prompt)

adb reboot bootloader

verify you are now unlocked

Edit Sorry yes if your on stock recovery you have to install custom recovery and root
then lock then remove root and flash back stock recovery ..done

Last edited:

a32guy

Dec 29, 2010

Edit Sorry yes if your on stock recovery you have to install custom recovery and root

Thanks for the help. Here is what worked: I unlocked, flashed CWM, flashed SU, did the "echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796" line from fastboot, flashed the RUU.zip, then finally did "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" which put S-ON.

I'm now back to a factory AT&T image, S-ON, and locked bootloader. All ready to be returned. :good:

Reactions: clsA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the help. Here is what worked: I unlocked, flashed CWM, flashed SU, did the "echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796" line from fastboot, flashed the RUU.zip, then finally did "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" which put S-ON.

I'm now back to a factory AT&T image, S-ON, and locked bootloader. All ready to be returned. :good: