10.4.4.20 update

Search This thread

KamikaZeeFu

Jan 9, 2011
I just received an update to version 10.4.4.20. Is this news to anyone? Last update thread only mentions 10.4.4.18.
It's still android 4.1.1 though :/

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352118942813.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352118942813.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2,307

xorob0

Dec 23, 2011
Eugies
Can someone upload the dlpkg file ?

Envoyé depuis mon ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T avec Tapatalk

Dave L

Sep 2, 2012
Bangkok
After reading your post I thought I would check what my version was, while I was there checked for update.
Looks like I have it too.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

CandyAndy

Jul 29, 2009
I*ll be damn. I also got it. This one came quite from the shadows.

Lets see what nice stuff we have here. Hope we get some speed optimization and stability.

Dave L

Sep 2, 2012
Bangkok
Well, not a happy bunny with this update so far. The first this I noticed is the asus notification panel is frozen.
I did two restarts which didn't fix it. I remembered someone saying that a received email notification unfroze it. So while sending myself an email I got a Teamviewer auto update notification and it started working again.

I had that panel freeze once before but that was just after JB update and it hadn't happened since.

I have been getting that black line flashing on the screen while in Gmail app sometimes. I wonder if that has been fixed in this update.

jodvova

Oct 2, 2012
London
Well, not a happy bunny with this update so far. The first this I noticed is the asus notification panel is frozen.
I did two restarts which didn't fix it. I remembered someone saying that a received email notification unfroze it. So while sending myself an email I got a Teamviewer auto update notification and it started working again.

I had that panel freeze once before but that was just after JB update and it hadn't happened since.

I have been getting that black line flashing on the screen while in Gmail app sometimes. I wonder if that has been fixed in this update.

Just install CleanROM with data2sd and forget about freezes once and for all.

So far what I can tell:

Stock Browser's a bit smoother. (Could just be the cold boot I just did, though.) Didn't hang upon opening or loading.
RAM is making the windows-user in me weep, because bloody hell, now I only have 70MB free. (Android works differently in terms of RAM... I hope. Otherwise this update just killed Gaming.) Setting it to 4 max in Dev options clered it up for a few minutes to 400, now it's down to 180.
Screen Saver won't shut up and go away. I turned it off and its still running. (I distinctly remember disabling it last time, option is greyed out now..)
The Apps list in settings loads instantly without hanging now. Again, could be the coldboot, but that didn't help previously.
Haven't seen a black line, but I rarely got those.

AAAAND blurays in MX and BS lag again. Great, Thanks Asus! ¬_¬

Last edited:
Reactions: suleiman.aql

Einride

Sep 8, 2010
So I updated and now every single app I try to start FCs, including launchers. The stock launcher works, as does the settings app. I tried rebooting, and it goes back to the "optimizing apps" screen on every reboot.

Other than that catastrophy, one thing I do notice that they've changed is the firmware update app. It's now more easily readable with a larger font and a big Update button as well as the last time you checked for updates.

Now it's time to fire up logcat and figure out what the hell went wrong... :confused:

rlm0n0

Jun 24, 2008
Chicago
Not rooted, stock browser seems to load pages faster so far.... time will tell. I checked directly after the install and it was faster, cold booted and it was the same. No initial pause as it buffers the page. Will update.....RL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received an update to version 10.4.4.20. Is this news to anyone? Last update thread only mentions 10.4.4.18.
    It's still android 4.1.1 though :/

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
    Asus is still the best!

Listen, I really love Asus products, but they are hardly responding to complaints. They are getting pressured to fix things by vocal users who nag them into fixing issues that are easily reproducible.. like myself. The more difficult to reproduce reliably, the less likely they will do anything about it. Some of these issues are the infamous black line and crashing randomly with black screen or gray screen. There are still issues with the auto dimming, Bluetooth, and the obvious i/o tweaks that still need some work.

I agree that Asus is better than some but they are still releasing products with obvious issues, and little QC. They are responding very slowly to the issues given the severity, and provide the same response to all the issues... cold boot, factory reset, or RMA.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

I wouldn't say too bad about Asus.They are as far as i know the only Android Manufacturer who actually has a decent software development team which is actively sorting out bugs and fixing them and introducing little nice features.No software is perfect and we all know that.Samsung is the only other manufacturer who can actually say they are doing something to sort out bugs in their devices..I mean put aside bugs..All the Transformer Pad series(tf201,f300,tf700)are on jellybean.Which manufacturer can ever claim that??.If it were samsung the Transformer family after prime would all be in ICS and the TF101 would probably be in honeycomb.If it were other manufacturers,the TF300 & tf700 would be in ICS and everything else would be in Honeycomb.We all know that we will all be upgraded to android 5.0 when it comes out.We trust asus will update android duly when it comes out in 3 months or less.Hell we even have Gary(Asus NA marketing manager) here in xda!!Agreed,issues crop up.But at least you know for sure that asus will release otas to fix the bugs and is not going to bail on you for at least a year or 2(which is a long time in smartphone & tablet support lifecycle!!)That said i hope they release soon that long overdue tegra update.I am really missing out on NFS MW!
    Can someone upload the dlpkg file ?

I can make the WW SKU available when I get home in a few hours.