[32A][ROM][PORT] JACxHEROski-v1.7r2 w/ Amon_RA's 1.1.0 kernel [9/4/2009]

Search This thread
As usual I replaced wlan.ko and included Rogers AudioPara4.csv (thanks bcrook).

See original thread for changelog thanks and disclaimer!
See this thread to get information about the kernel reverse engineering procedure!

JACxHEROski v1.7r2 32A Devices with
Amon RA's v1.1.0 Kernel (rapidshare) (mediafire)
[md5 sum: ad09700cbd31e8e3b0e20a29ea12af25]

LOCKSCREEN Wallpapers
To change lockscreen wallpaper, first download and unzip the file somewhere then cd to it and use this command:
Code:
adb push wallpaper_file_name_here.jpg /system/etc/lockscreen/port/htc_wallpaper_01_lockscreen.jpg
Note that we are replacing a file so the destination filename must always be htc_wallpaper_01_lockscreen.jpg

If you want to use your own lockscreen wallpaper, then use an image editing software (like GIMP) to resize the image to 455x320 pixels. Then push it using the command shown above.

Older Versions:

JACxHEROski v1.6r2 32A Devices with Amon RA's Kernel v1.1.0 (rapidshare) (mediafire)[md5 sum: 460d06ab60db1895ec60eefa9f26b48c]
JACxHEROski v1.4 32A Devices
(rapishare)
JACxHEROski v1.4 32A Devices with Amon_RA's Kernel v1.0.1 (rapishare)

Special thanks to: Amon_RA for his porting instructions and for fixing the kernel bugs, JAC and ccyrowski for their excellent rom, TigerTael rayman84 and gboddina for Kernel reverse engineering and building!

p.s. As with all Hero roms, bluetooth and LEDs (only green one works) may not work properly!

Last edited:

mortazavi

Sep 27, 2007
I can not install this ROM

I installed JacXHero 1.2 before but I can not install this ROM,
I wiped my data before install new ROM but my device did not boot after apply update.zip :confused:

Howler62

Jul 7, 2009
Brantford
what is the difference between this jacheroski and jacheroski 2.7.4r2.. is that just someone elses additions to jachero1.2

Last edited:

mixer5911

Jun 14, 2009
i installed this on my mytouch and everything seems to work fine, except for bluetooth and for some reason the home screen takes for ever to load.... any one know why this happens? or what's the BEST hero rom for a 32A mytouch?

what is the difference between this jacheroski and jacheroski 2.7.4r2.. is that just someone elses additions to jachero1.2

Yes its JAC with ccyrowski's help :) (check original thread)
i installed this on my mytouch and everything seems to work fine, except for bluetooth and for some reason the home screen takes for ever to load.... any one know why this happens? or what's the BEST hero rom for a 32A mytouch?

Try Drizzy's no name Hero v3 (ported by bcrook). Here you are!!

That's the best hero rom for me atm. I bet most optimization in this rom is done in the kernel which we can't use if HTC doesn't release the source...

lesjaw

Jun 3, 2008
somebody please include this lock scren in the build..
3585766345_a770e913a5.jpg

Or make a tutorial how to push this Hero Lock Scren into this rom..
i would really apreaciated..i see this lock screen on Fatality and MyHero 0.1.0

thanks

mack

Jun 30, 2005
i see the original firmwares are getting all these new kernel and kernel mods.

Are we missing out on anything since ports are done by replacing the kernel with rogers version?

ftg888

Nov 9, 2005
Wipe/flash wont boot

i recovery boot, wipe the handset, flash this rom, reboot
and IT HANGS AT THE MAGIC SCREEN

THATS IT.

i tried 1.4 by the way HTC MAGIC 32A 288MB

Reactions: Zeehan

lesjaw

Jun 3, 2008
Yes I will port tomorrow (currently not at my linux box). JAC says this has fully working LEDs :D Yay!!

@lesjow: I will find the solution. Its just some jpgs needed to be pushed from other roms :)

Please include that lockscreen in your next port...btw, i believe its not just some jpegs, the curve box seem integrated with the lockscreen app, coz if your change wallpaper of lockscreen, the curve box (with carrie and date in it) will still exist...

i just hope you find a way to push it..

thank you..thank you..thank you...

i see the original firmwares are getting all these new kernel and kernel mods.

Are we missing out on anything since ports are done by replacing the kernel with rogers version?

Yes and that's sad... We don't have a choice until HTC releases source.

THATS IT.

1.4? But it hasn't been ported yet! Did you flash the dream version? Flash the version I posted here and be sure to wait quite a while (at least 3 mins) on first boot!

Please include that lockscreen in your next port...btw, i believe its not just some jpegs, the curve box seem integrated with the lockscreen app, coz if your change wallpaper of lockscreen, the curve box (with carrie and date in it) will still exist...

i just hope you find a way to push it..

thank you..thank you..thank you...

Yes i think there are some files that control the lock/unlock images of the lockscreen but not the wallpaper.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wipe/flash wont boot

THATS IT.