USB keeps reconnecting

Search This thread

exoduser2012

Jun 1, 2013
Hello,

I'm having a problem with the S4.
When I plug it into the computer (Running Windows 8), the device starts charging and I can sync files with the device.
But, after 15 minutes it starts reconnecting, the USB connection just keeps disconnecting and connecting over and over again, nonestop.
But the device is still charging, only the connection to the computer stops.

Does someone know what the problem might be?

themadba

May 17, 2011
Belfast, United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm having a problem with the S4.
When I plug it into the computer (Running Windows 8), the device starts charging and I can sync files with the device.
But, after 15 minutes it starts reconnecting, the USB connection just keeps disconnecting and connecting over and over again, nonestop.
But the device is still charging, only the connection to the computer stops.

Does someone know what the problem might be?

Try reinstalling Samsung drivers, try different USB cable and try different USB ports. Is it Kies that you use for syncing, or a different application? Make sure it is up to date, uninstall and then reinstall it. Can't think of anything else.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

exoduser2012

Jun 1, 2013
Try reinstalling Samsung drivers, try different USB cable and try different USB ports. Is it Kies that you use for syncing, or a different application? Make sure it is up to date, uninstall and then reinstall it. Can't think of anything else.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Hello,

Thanks for commeting.
I already tried reinstalling the drivers (I reinstalled Kies).

And the problem occurs not only when I use it.
It suddenly starts reconnecting, without me even touching it for the last 15 minutes.

What should I do?

overprotected

Jan 24, 2009
Karachi
Already tried the rear USB ports and changed the cable.

I'm facing the same problem with my Galaxy Nexus running CM 10.1

Did anyone figure out the problem yet?

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

My problem seems to be resolved now after updating Samsung KIES to latest version which automatically updated phone drivers.