[Q] app drawer icon problem

Search This thread

scuzzo500

Jul 31, 2012
Need some help. I've installed a speedometer app (switch that lights up the console in my truck went bad) and am having trouble getting rid of the icons in the app drawer. So far I've tried to reinstall the app and uninstall it with no luck. It doesn't show up in titanium after uninstalling the app. I can't find an apk after uninstalling the app. Any help?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
What app? Can you back into the play store and install it that way?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

scuzzo500

Jul 31, 2012
Sorry. Forgot details. Locked bootloader, rooted running gpe ROM thru safestrap. Digihud speedometer is the app spedo app
I could upgrade nova launcher or use another launcher to hide the problem. And I would go insane knowing I didn't fix it.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Sorry. Forgot details. Locked bootloader, rooted running gpe ROM thru safestrap. Digihud speedometer is the app spedo app
I could upgrade nova launcher or use another launcher to hide the problem. And I would go insane knowing I didn't fix it.

Interesting app, it looks cool but it really f'd up my device. I could uninstall it with tibu but it left something behind. Do you have a nandroid you can restore? Do a wipe before restoring the nandroid. That was the only way I got my device back to normal

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

MrChops

Jul 23, 2013
Hi, developer here

Hi guys, ok this is something I've not seen whilst testing it on the few physical devices I have and in the emulator. I'm not sure what's happening here but obviously I'm keen to help if I can.

The app has two main parts, the full screen display and a windowed view that is shown in front of other apps, the latter runs as a service. Both parts have settings in the manifest to enable them to be launched from icons and two icons are created when the app is installed. Whenever I've uninstalled the app both icons have been removed from the app drawer. My devices are mostly but not all rooted.

Feedback has been mixed about whether two icons are needed; some people don't want the window icon and ask how it can be removed, others like it so they can call it with other apps like AutomateIt. Because the majority of feedback was against it I've removed it from the paid version of the app...but now there are requests to have it again. Hopefully my solution will be to be able to install a shortcut if required.

Sorry, back to your problem! I'm surprised TIBU doesn't remove it if I'm honest, although the Android uninstall should remove it all. There's nothing unusual or malicious in the code (i'm really not that clever!) to prevent it uninstalling.

If a link to a particular version of the .apk helps let me know and I'll post it if I can.

I'll do some more testing and see what I can find and post anything useful here.

Sorry for the hassle.
James

scuzzo500

Jul 31, 2012
Would a catlog help in troubleshooting the issue. As JD said it is an interesting app. The HUD display works great (very clever idea there), but I want to be able to remove that icon. I like to keep my app drawer paired down to as few apps as possible and that one icon sticks out to me.

MrChops

Jul 23, 2013
Would a catlog help in troubleshooting the issue. As JD said it is an interesting app. The HUD display works great (very clever idea there), but I want to be able to remove that icon. I like to keep my app drawer paired down to as few apps as possible and that one icon sticks out to me.

I totally understand. The logcat may well help me see what's up.

Thanks.