[ROM]ICS-"FLEX-A100-REAPER-RELIX_Rev2 (15-Sep-2012)ntfs-3Gusb-GoogleNow,.......

Search This thread

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
I had to to do a factory reset and wipe all my apps to get 3.1 running. Major props Civato, I appreciate this rom based on the OTA. It is working perfectly now.

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
Yep Nice ROM. The update has fixed the screen issues, etc. All my games are working well again, as well as the media browsers with touch functions. GPS is locking well.

I'm loving the visual mods too. Nice job all around. I'm using the BlackBlue R12.5 ring, with Mask transparent mod.:D

I did have an issue with WiFi(couldn't enable it) after flashing the first time, but I just did a factory reset and it was fixed. I then reinstalled the apps, etc that get whiped when doing the fact reset, and it's all smooth and happy now.

The only still I wasnt sure about is what I should do with "lto.dat" that is in /data/gps. I get the feeling it was whiped when I did the reset. I'm guessing I can just copy it to /data/gps on the tablet, but I am not sure. I'm also not sure what exactly it does. Anyway GPS it working fine so far so no big.

Reactions: civato

zleto

Feb 20, 2012
The only still I wasnt sure about is what I should do with "lto.dat" that is in /data/gps. I get the feeling it was whiped when I did the reset. I'm guessing I can just copy it to /data/gps on the tablet, but I am not sure. I'm also not sure what exactly it does. Anyway GPS it working fine so far so no big.

lto.dat is LongTermOrbit data or the quick GPS fix.
You can check here for more info.

Reactions: NoSudo

antiwesley

Nov 14, 2011
Racine
Firstly, thanks for a kick-butt addition to my newly purchased A100. Took some work, and having some familiarity with doing things with my LG Revolution, it was easy enough to get up and running.

But there's a problem.

I'm stuck in the boot sequence, the flashy numbers/atoms sequence running over and over.
adb is not sensing the device, and CWM is failing to load on restart.

Suggestions?

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
lto.dat is LongTermOrbit data or the quick GPS fix.
You can check here for more info.

Yea I kinda figured it was something like that. I'll read up. I was tempted to just copy it to /data/gps, but I figured I would learn what it is first heh.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Firstly, thanks for a kick-butt addition to my newly purchased A100. Took some work, and having some familiarity with doing things with my LG Revolution, it was easy enough to get up and running.

But there's a problem.

I'm stuck in the boot sequence, the flashy numbers/atoms sequence running over and over.
adb is not sensing the device, and CWM is failing to load on restart.

Suggestions?

I think Civato said the other day he would be out of town 5 days and probably wouldn't be able to get online. Like right after the 3.1 update release more or less.

What ROM did you have on it before flashing, and what CWM are you running etc? And did you use the R3.1 or an earlier release?

Have you tried anything other then booting it up since flashing?

antiwesley

Nov 14, 2011
Racine
---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I think Civato said the other day he would be out of town 5 days and probably wouldn't be able to get online. Like right after the 3.1 update release more or less.

What ROM did you have on it before flashing, and what CWM are you running etc? And did you use the R3.1 or an earlier release?

Have you tried anything other then booting it up since flashing?

Stock ICS.
CWM 5.5.0.4 from HERE
3.1 release, or at least the one in the OP

I did notice that the computer is trying to load the drivers for the A500 so I wonder if something got crossed in the programming. (MTP USB Device driver fails to install)

I just attempted a hard reset, (the hold down the volume key, toggle the switch kind) and it gave me an error there as well.
Uncoverable Bootloader error (hexidecimal address)

adb devices still doesn't detect it, and recovery again, boots it straight into the boot up mode.
(fastboot devices doesn't sense it either)

Windows is making the connection noise, but I get the feeling that something in the ROM screwed up the USB connection, as it was working fine before hand.
If I could get back to the standard ICS, I can re-download the ROM and try again, in case of corruption, but I can't get in.

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia

Stock ICS.
CWM 5.5.0.4 from HERE
3.1 release, or at least the one in the OP

I did notice that the computer is trying to load the drivers for the A500 so I wonder if something got crossed in the programming. (MTP USB Device driver fails to install)

I just attempted a hard reset, (the hold down the volume key, toggle the switch kind) and it gave me an error there as well.
Uncoverable Bootloader error (hexidecimal address)

adb devices still doesn't detect it, and recovery again, boots it straight into the boot up mode.
(fastboot devices doesn't sense it either)

Windows is making the connection noise, but I get the feeling that something in the ROM screwed up the USB connection, as it was working fine before hand.
If I could get back to the standard ICS, I can re-download the ROM and try again, in case of corruption, but I can't get in.

If you are trying to use adb from Windows make sure you have downloaded the correct drivers from Acer. You need special USB drivers for it. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers choose Acer iconia Tab A100 and grab the USB drivers.(ignore this if those are what you are using)

antiwesley

Nov 14, 2011
Racine
If you are trying to use adb from Windows make sure you have downloaded the correct drivers from Acer. You need special USB drivers for it. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers choose Acer iconia Tab A100 and grab the USB drivers.(ignore this if those are what you are using)

Yep. I've not tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers yet. I did a reinstall of the drivers, and that didn't help.
It seemed to want to point to the A500 drivers at first, and then to the MTP USB ones following. I'm going to see if I can replace the failed MTP driver with the A100 driver and see how that works.

EDIT: Windows has determined that this is the best driver for your hardware.
Reason for drivers not loading: Device cannot start. (Code 10)

---------- Post added 28th April 2012 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th April 2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

Hrm. I have a sneaking suspicion that the ROM is not all to blame.
I went to double check if there were 64-bit drivers, and I discovered that in
Acer's drop down menu, it only lists HC as an option for OS, not ICS.

I don't really think it will make a big deal about it, as the USB did work after I manually did the OTA update last night, but maybe the version used in the rom had something different.
*shrugs*
Until I get something figured out, I have a nice shiny $250 paperweight right now.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Got CWM to open up after a few tries. I managed to get stock ICS reinstalled, so I can wait out a bit longer now. :)

It does seem to now be stuck in the stock booting screen, so something's gone hinky.

Last edited:

antiwesley

Nov 14, 2011
Racine
I am probably going to spin this off into it's own topic, mainly as I've stumbled on to something new. I can't boot into CWM, but I can access fastboot commands now. Still no ADB, but I've rebooted and gotten positive responses out of fastboot.

lesa0208

Inactive Recognized Themer
Feb 25, 2010
Beograd, Uzice
i don't have full root access on my tablet with this rom. Can't remove some system app with system app remover.
img20120428183729.jpg

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
I am probably going to spin this off into it's own topic, mainly as I've stumbled on to something new. I can't boot into CWM, but I can access fastboot commands now. Still no ADB, but I've rebooted and gotten positive responses out of fastboot.

i had major issues like this on my win7 64bit rig. driver issues galore...i had to force adb device driver and a few others...it cobstantly insisted the a500 driver was correct....stupid m$.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

antiwesley

Nov 14, 2011
Racine
i had major issues like this on my win7 64bit rig. driver issues galore...i had to force adb device driver and a few others...it cobstantly insisted the a500 driver was correct....stupid m$.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Thing is, up until I flashed the FlexRom, the ADB USB function worked perfectly fine, even in the OTA ICS update.
(I did run the OTA update for a few hours before I flashed it to FlexRom.)

In this case, since the FlexRom install, it first stated that it was looking for the A500 drivers, which it did once, and now it looks for the MTP USB drivers.

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Thing is, up until I flashed the FlexRom, the ADB USB function worked perfectly fine, even in the OTA ICS update.
(I did run the OTA update for a few hours before I flashed it to FlexRom.)

In this case, since the FlexRom install, it first stated that it was looking for the A500 drivers, which it did once, and now it looks for the MTP USB drivers.

Did you get ADB to connect? if not, the only way I have been able to get it to recognize the tab in ADB is to force the driver through Device Manager.

antiwesley

Nov 14, 2011
Racine
After some suggestion, I finally got a factory/'hard' reset to take.
I'm back in, and have adb access again.

I honestly don't know what caused the USB connection to go south when I installed the FlexRom, as it's beyond my capability to diagnose.
I have a working tab again, so outside of re-rooting, I'm going to to hold off until this can be better diagnosed by those in the know.

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
After some suggestion, I finally got a factory/'hard' reset to take.
I'm back in, and have adb access again.

I honestly don't know what caused the USB connection to go south when I installed the FlexRom, as it's beyond my capability to diagnose.
I have a working tab again, so outside of re-rooting, I'm going to to hold off until this can be better diagnosed by those in the know.

Understandable that you would want to take a step back and figure out what happened. Sounds like a good idea, no reason to rush into anything.

I have been able to access my A100 via adb with flexreaper installed, no issues at all. However I am using Linux with the actual Android SDK installed and configured. Based on that I would say the issue you are running into with the USB had to do with the drivers in some or it could be the adb version inside the easy root I guess too. I'm using Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.29.(you can type "adb --version" in your cmd window to get the version).

IIRC I recently read that ICS is a little different in the latest adb then HC was though. I think it was Eew245 talking about being able to use dd via adb to make backups without needing to be rooted, which wasn't doable in HC. I suppose that kinda of change "could" cause new issues with old USB drivers, etc. *shrug* We should take this to a new thread though since it doesnt seem related to the Flexreaper ROM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE:
    I don't have a A100 so I cannot fully test it , I test this rom on my A500 and G100W with a boot.img for those devices.
    This rom is a full base of the leaked ICS rom for the A100
    Active support is not my thing as I don't have a lot of time with 3 roms going on.
    But if I can I will jump in and try to help
    civ.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS TO THE LETTER , if not acer ring and other stuff won't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Installation,

first take a full nandroid backup !!!!!
    -wipe all , factory reset , format !!
    -flash rom first with cwm or RA recovery
    -flash extra system apps if you want them

FLEX-A100-REAPER-RELIX_Rev2
    checksum:2A9534A077AE31D68A12820803ADEA2F *FLEX-A100-REAPER-RELIX_Rev2.zip
    Naked rom with no extra's , use the AROMA packages to customize your tablet.
    Default kernel in rom is
    gm-V2.0 @ 1.2GHz default speed (can be oc'ed with app to 1.5GHz)
    Lulzactive governor as default with tweak script for very smooth handling.

NOTE:
    All the old mods and flashpackes are still supported

NO EXTRA APPS OR WIDGETS, USE AROMA TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TABLET.
    Apps in data: EsFileExplorer , Terminal , ToshibaMediPlayer, moboplayer , Google+ , GoogleStreet , Maps , soundhound , Photoeditor , PolarisOffice , TB, PlayStore , Cubecalculator, Touchscreenfixer,Titanium backup , quickboot

Rom BASE
    AND based on my FLEXREAPER ROM for the A500
    Rom Features:
    -FULL 1.014.00-ROM
    -gm-V2.0 kernel @ 1.2GHz
    -Latest GooglePlayMusic
    -2 Launchers to pick from , stock Launcher , Apex.
    I modded these 2 Launchers so they show correct Icons of GoogleNow.
    -Android 4.0.4 keyboard
    -Busybox 1.20.2-New busybox installer configure busybox to be the primary and not toolbox.
    -Build.prop updated for smoother scrolling and dalvik tweaks for deodexed rom.
    -Framework-res mod (menu background)
    -DHCP lease patch for wifi @ezterry
    -Rooted , su 3.2
    -Full deodexed -zipaligned
    -Init.d support
    -Tweaks for memory , internet ,....
    -Crypted gps optimazation patch if GPS still don't work fine look here
    -Native-Add-Hoc wifi support or use this extra Ad-Hoc patch if original doesn't work , flash with CWM
    -Native ntfs support for all kernels , stock Acer , ezT20 and gm-A500-1.5..(Thanks to thor2002ro for vold )
    -Development option settings,merci vache
    -Little mods to framework and AcerRing by me(in aroma package)
    -AcerPrint
    -AcerRing , merci vachepour guidée
    -ASUS Taskmanager(in aroma package)
    -Asus weather widget(in aroma package)
    -New Acer , movie , picture , file and music manager (in aroma package)
    -Acer planner (in aroma package)
    -SonyBraviaEngine
    -Google-Now
    Thanks to these peoplehere and this is the "M7 - Mikeyxda's version7."
    (modded by civato for better icon layout)
    pppWidget for 3Gusb dongle support
    -Adrenaline Engine and V6Supercharger tweaks
    V6: init.r ramdisk tweaks
    Adrenaline engine: Darky_zipalign(aligns new installed apps on boot) .

Terminal tools
    If the auto gps update and mimtempfiles remover don't do there job do the following=
    -New GPS updater (lto) terminal command is = su (enter) gps-update(enter)
    -Mimetempfile-remover (exchange e-mail temp files) terminal command is = su(enter) remove-mimetempfiles(enter)
    Backup tool:
    (not full nandroid backups but a system or data backup that you can flash later in cwm with custom restore if you screwed up something) (saved in sdcard/clockworkmod/ )
    *Making a cwm system backup without the need to go to cwm and reboot.= command is su (enter) systembackup (enter)
    *Making a cwm data backup without the need to go to cwm and reboot.= command is su (enter) databackup (enter)
    *clean system (dalvikcache and cache)= command is su (enter) sclean (enter) (from V6 supercharger)

CUSTOMIZING AROMA PACKAGES
    A100 users will need to reflash correct acerRing if they use a theme.

FLEX-THEME_INSTALLER-ver2 (58MB)
    install 9 different themes , enable/disable AcerRing and a choise of 3 different bootanimations.

FLEX-WIDGAPP-INSTALLER-ver2(274MB):
    install all the Acer apps , extra apps and Widgets that you want . (Games/Acer file managers are installed in data so can be removed from within the app drawer)

FLEX-WIDGAPP-INSTALLER_noGames-ver2(130MB)
    (Same as package above but no games so file is smaller)

FLEX-WIPER-ver2: (3.8MB)
    Use this if you want to remove any of the apps or widgets you installed with the FLEX-WIDGAPP-INSTALLER (except , games/Acer file managers are removed from within the app drawer)
    You want for any strange reason the stock kernel.
    FULL STOCK FULL ROOT kernel (no Overclocking or tweaks on this one)

CHANGELOG

Code:
    8-Apr-2012- First release full A100 based rom with same features as Flexreaper for the A500

20-Apr-2012: R2 released
    -Quick-GPS lock on mod
    -Apps updated 
    -Battery% mod and modded layout
    -Development settings
    -AcerPlaner problem fixed
    -GPS log disabled (if not you will get loads of files in data/gps that don't do anything)
    -Quickboot app and Equalizer added in data
    -Tweaked kernel for better quadrant score (if you got problems flash the stock kernel)
    -etc........

24-Apr-2012: New mods

25-Apr-2012: R3 released
    -Full 1.014.00 build .
    -Deodexed , zipaligned
    -All features of R2
    -Tweaked kernel for higher Quadrant scores
    -TRANSPARANT mod - BlueMirror buttons - Battery% - Raster menu background , ...........
    -etc..........

26-Apr-2012: R3.1 , problem with Acerring volume mute solved , sorry for the trouble

-8-May-2012: RF1 released.
    -Full language support and special optional Acer keyboard for Asian users.
    -Tweaked kernel and FULL root , No need for running a root tool to gain root.
    -Ito.dat gps fix build in kernel and system (patch was provided by waydownsouth )
    -New ring layout and build in transparant mod.
    -Optional ring mods ; Dancer and Gasmask (see ring mod section.
    -Gps logcat disabled as it just dumps temp files.
    -Optimazations........

-9-May-2012: New White mod -transparant - MASK menu background (as requested)
    -and added the RF1-default look if you want to go back to RF1 look after a mod flash.

-10-May-2012: New RED MOD and New WHITE mod see Special MODS

27-May-2012: NEW RELEASE FLEX-A100-REAPER-EXTREME-EDITION: (Also available as patch for your RF1 installation so you don't need to install full rom)
    --OC kernel up to 1504MHz with I/O tweaks @ezterry and civato
     -Modules updates
     -Lib updates
     -Init update
     -Update build.prop
     -Update flexrom
     -New Acer , movie , picture , file and music manager (removable like any app from the market)
    If the auto gps update and mimtempfiles remover don't do there job do the following=
     -Mimetempfile-remover (exchange e-mail temp files) terminal command is = su(enter) remove-mimtempfiles(enter)
     -etc....

-Added AcerRing enabler and disabler

2-Jun-2012: Acer rings optimized for A100 resolution.
    1-Jul-2012: RELIX goodbye rom for you all , see above for changes .
    Also the customization aroma packages as RELIX is a naked rom

15-Sep-2012:
    New full rom update:
    FLEX-A100-REAPER-Rev2
    Please see rom features for full detail as a lot changed in this release.
    -gm-V2.0 kernel @ 1.2GHz
    -V6 modded services.jar for better responce
    -Lulzactive tweaks.
    -Update gps tweaker (see terminal tools)
    -GoogleNow
    -ntfs usb support should work on any kernel
    -3Gusb ppp-Widget for use with 3Gusb dongle (huawei , ......)

SCREENSHOTS

RF1 default layout(ACERRING ON A100 WILL BE DIFFERENT DUE TO RESOLUTION DIFFERENCE , no outer ring !!!) (Transparant mod , etc....)
    RF1-black.png

RF1-a100-1.png

RF1-A100-2.png
    Mods-sig.jpg

(all mods work with all R.. versions)​
    Before you flash a mod you reboot first and use the ring, then you go back to recovery to flash the mod
    Special editions(Active topbar is smaller in some apps with these white mods)

White statusbar mod + white text and battery % mod+ special R11 edition mod
    White-modtext.png

White statusbar mod (circle-battery% stock buttons)
    R11-WHITE-stockbutton-Circlebat.png

White statusbar mod (circle-battery% -custom buttons)
    R11-custombutton-circlebat.png

WHITE MASK MOD STOCK BUTTONS (PLEASE FLASH A100 RING OVER THE MOD FOR RESOLUTION DIFFERENCE , see ring mods)

WHITE-MASK-MOD-3.png

WHITE MASK MOD CUSTOM BUTTONS

WHITE-MASK-MOD.png

RED MOD (transparant , Red text , buttons , etc.........) (PLEASE FLASH A100 RING OVER THE MOD FOR RESOLUTION DIFFERENCE , see ring mods)

RedMod1.png

RedMod3.png

RedMod2.png

WHITE-MOD (Transparant , White text , etc....) (PLEASE FLASH A100 RING OVER THE MOD FOR RESOLUTION DIFFERENCE , see ring mods)
    WHiteMod1.png

WhiteMod2.png

WhiteMod3.png
    ACER RINGS​

NOTE: FOR THE A100 THE RING LAYOUT GOT NO TRANSPARRANT OUTER RING DUE TO RESOLUTION DIFFERENCE .
    THIS WAY LANDSCAPE AND PORTRAIT LOOK IS OK.

Example of A100 ring layout with no outer ring
    Gasmask
    A100resolutionring2.png

Gold R12.5
    A100resolutionring.png

AcerRing-A100-Black

AcerRing-A100-Dancer

AcerRing-A100-BlackBlue

AcerRing-A100-GasMAsk

AcerRing-A100-Gold-R6Look

AcerRing-A100-GOLD-R12.5

AcerRing-A100-GoldRing-R10

AcerRing-A100-GreenBlue

AcerRing-A100-GreyBlue-R10Look

AcerRing-A100-RED-ring FOR USE WITH RED MOD

AcerRing-A100-TiTanium-R9look

AcerRing-A100-White FOR USE WITH WHITE MOD
    New

Updated FLEX-A100-REAPER-RELIX
    Rev2.
    These are all the features , see OP for more detail
    All apps updated and some apps moved to data/app to keep a cleaner system on update

Rom Features:

-FULL 1.014.00-ROM
    -gm-V2.0 kernel @ 1.2GHz
    -Latest GooglePlayMusic
    -2 Launchers to pick from , stock Launcher , Apex.
    I modded these 2 Launchers so they show correct Icons of GoogleNow.
    -Android 4.0.4 keyboard
    -Busybox 1.20.2-New busybox installer configure busybox to be the primary and not toolbox.
    -Build.prop updated for smoother scrolling and dalvik tweaks for deodexed rom.
    -Rooted , su 3.2
    -Full deodexed -zipaligned
    -Init.d support
    -Tweaks for memory , internet ,....
    -Crypted gps optimazation patch if GPS still don't work fine look here
    -Native-Add-Hoc wifi support or use this extra Ad-Hoc patch if original doesn't work , flash with CWM
    -Native ntfs support for all kernels , stock Acer , ezT20 and gm-A500-1.5..(Thanks to thor2002ro for vold )
    -Development option settings,merci vache
    -Little mods to framework and AcerRing by me(in aroma package)
    -AcerPrint
    -AcerRing , merci vachepour guidée
    -ASUS Taskmanager(in aroma package)
    -Asus weather widget(in aroma package)
    -New Acer , movie , picture , file and music manager (in aroma package)
    -Acer planner (in aroma package)
    -SonyBraviaEngine
    -Google-Now
    Thanks to these peoplehere and this is the "M7 - Mikeyxda's version7."
    (modded by civato for better icon layout)
    pppWidget for 3Gusb dongle support
    -Adrenaline Engine and V6Supercharger tweaks
    V6: init.r ramdisk tweaks
    Adrenaline engine: Darky_zipalign(aligns new installed apps on boot) .
    Bye Bye

Goodbye rom RELIX see OP (as you all deserve it like the A500 users)

Naked rom with no extra's , use the AROMA packages to customize your tablet.

NOTE:
    All the old mods and flashpackes are still supported

-Matching wallpaper
    -New ezterry 1.0.0kernel
    -Android 4.0.4 keyboard
    -Default 1.2GHz speed but can be overclocked to 1.5GHz
    -the 1.2GHz is not really a overclock for our tablet , acer always underclocked it , see here NVIDIA specs for the Tegra2.
    -Busybox 1.20.1
    -Mimetempfile-remover (exchange e-mail temp files) terminal command is = su(enter) remove-mimetempfiles(enter)
    -SUPERUSER 3.1.3 (in data) If for some reason root doesn't work , wait a minute or update the "su binary" from with in the superuser app
    -Added 4.1 JellyBean Android Music2Player and New Playstore (market) and GenieWidget
    If I got time I will update rom , so you can change the build.prop without losing the AcerRing.

Been very busy so will be in a few days.