[Q] Problem with headphone jack

Search This thread

xene68

Aug 15, 2011
I have an issue with the headphone jack. I use third party headphones (I dont have the stock Sony ones) and when I plug them in, the sound comes out of the phone's external speaker most of the time. I get the symbol in the status bar to say 'Headset connected'. Sometimes the sound DOES come out of the headphones but seemingly randomly! Tried different headphones and applications on the phone. I have used Sony's Update Service software to download and reinstall the latest ROM but this has not fixed the problem.. My Ultra is on 4.4.2, buildd number: 14.3.A.0.757

Anyone had this issue?
Thanks!

pi2in3

Feb 3, 2011
I didnt have this issue by my c6802 and a stock headphone with rom version as you have, before i heared some peaple had this problem with other version(lower build number,i think) maybe this is of your nonstock headphone. Why didnt update to newer 14.4.a.0.108? Maybe it disapear againe.

xene68

Aug 15, 2011
I didnt have this issue by my c6802 and a stock headphone with rom version as you have, before i heared some peaple had this problem with other version(lower build number,i think) maybe this is of your nonstock headphone. Why didnt update to newer 14.4.a.0.108? Maybe it disapear againe.

Hi , I have the C6833 model. I have the latest software stock ROM on it. I do think it is software - I may just return it for a replacement.

pi2in3

Feb 3, 2011
Ok lastest one was i mentioned above,i install rom on that build number belong to c6833 to my c6802. Your rom is prior one.

xene68

Aug 15, 2011
if you feel comfortable you could flash a generic FTF so you are on the latest 4.4.4 (xxxx.108) firmware from sony. You dont have to be rooted to do this.

Yes I could do that but only worth it really if it actuall resolves the problem. I had a Z ultra last year and that one didn't have this issue. I think I will give that 4.4.4 a go this weekend - do you know if it would affect warranty at all?
Thanks

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Yes I could do that but only worth it really if it actuall resolves the problem. I had a Z ultra last year and that one didn't have this issue. I think I will give that 4.4.4 a go this weekend - do you know if it would affect warranty at all?
Thanks
It might, depending on the service centre.

Have a search about speaker/headset issues, I think it only affected 4.4.2 and that was updated quite quick and resolved the issue for most people that had the problem

xene68

Aug 15, 2011
It might, depending on the service centre.

Have a search about speaker/headset issues, I think it only affected 4.4.2 and that was updated quite quick and resolved the issue for most people that had the problem

Hi - yes I have searched the web about it but the update has not resolved it on my device unfortunately. Thanks anyway :)

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
Hi - yes I have searched the web about it but the update has not resolved it on my device unfortunately. Thanks anyway :)

This might be a stupid question, but have you tried other headphones?
I have used 3 types of Beats (Solo HD, PRO, UrBeats) as well as the original ones, never had any problem.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

xene68

Aug 15, 2011
Yes i have some apple earpods which work some of the time and some Astro A30s which dont work at all.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
This happened once last week when I plugged the stock earplugs in when I also received a message, and it played the audio through the external speakers. I unplugged it and plugged it again, and it was back to normal. Probably a glitch in the matrix.

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
I have a C6833 and this problem started a few months back with my device.
Now it happens about every time I pause the music. When I hit play or resume the audio is coming from the internal speaker so I have to unplug the cable and plug it back in and that solves the problem at least for the moment. Some days my device does what it suppose to do just great. And other periods it just sends the stream back to the internal speaker all the time whenever I pause the music.

I have flashed the latest .108 but problem still exists. It might be some error with the hardware what do I know. For now I won't take the time to send it in for service. Perhaps I will send it to repair right before my warranty expires just to make some use of it :p
I use the stock headphones, and some Apple just some generic Apple earphones that you receive in the box when you buy an Iphone 5 or later

xene68

Aug 15, 2011
I have the sbh52 and the headphones that came with that work perfectly so far. Apple earpods work some of the time and Astro A30s dont work at all. Whuch makes me think its software.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app