[Q] Galaxy Tab does not connect with HD2 Wifi

Search This thread

yinka11691

Apr 9, 2011
My point is that. I am using Tmobile 3G network on my HD2 as Wifi Hotspot for the (Unlock P1000 Galaxy Tab). My laptop easily discover and connect with the network easily but My Galaxy Tab discover the network only when I downloaded WiFinder. It wont connect.

The Galaxy Tab discovered it as [WEP][IBSS] through WiFinder. It tried to connect but never happened.
I downloaded EM IP Utility to obtained my HD2 Cellular Line details as follows:
IP: 26.162.246.133
Mask: 255.0.0.0
DG: 26.162.246.133
DNS: 10.177.0.34
DHCP: False

I entered the information above to my Galaxy Tab Static IP. It wont still connect. Please help me.

yinka11691

Apr 9, 2011
On hd2 are u using android or windows mobile? Does your pc recognize the hd2 as a Ad-hoc network? If you are using android use the attached app for wifi tether and try again.
If hd2 uses a ad hoc network try this (u can use Root Explorer to replace the wpa_supplicant)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=854913&highlight=adhoc
I am using Windows Mobile 6 on my HD2. As per the following instructions:
"I purchased a Samsung Galaxy tablet this weekend with out a 3G data plan as my idea was to just tether it to my cell phone where I have an unlimited data plan. There are several apps that will turn your phone into a wifi hot spot but all of them create an AD-HOC wifi network. Much to my surprise, by default, the Samsung Galaxy Tab will not see or allow you to connect to AD-HOC wifi networks. I took me some time to figure out how to get around this. I figured if I posted the information it might same someone else the same problems I had:

1. ROOT TABLET (This is a MUST)
2. MOUNT /system as RW - #mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
3. MAKE A BACKUP OF /system/bin/wpa_supplicant
4. REPLACE wpa_supplicant WITH VERSION I HAVE ATTACHED TO POST
5. MOUNT /system as RO - #mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
6. TURN wifi OFF and BACK ON.

Once you complete step 6 if there is a AD-HOC network in range it will show up as ssid(adhoc) in the available network list. Once you see the AD-HOC network you will be able to configure it and connect to it like you would any other wireless network."

How can I get to the next step below:
"MOUNT /system as RW - #mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system"?
Please Help me

Last edited:

lucian777

Jan 25, 2007
Bucharest
1. Root your Tab.
2. Download "root explorer" from Android Market (paid app)
3.Open root explorer and copy the wpa_supplicant file from the link that ive sent you.
4. Press mount RW on root explorer then navigate to /system/bin and replace wpa_supplicant (make sure to backup the file first)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

yinka11691

Apr 9, 2011
1. Root your Tab.
3.Open root explorer and copy the wpa_supplicant file from the link that ive sent you.
4. Press mount RW on root explorer then navigate to /system/bin and replace wpa_supplicant (make sure to backup the file first)

When I followed your instructions, they work like charm. Thank you very much.

Arcanum X

Aug 7, 2008
1. Root your Tab.

Hi Lucian,
can you send me the link to wpa_supplicant as well. I tried with other versions but none work. I am using HD2 as well. Thanks.

Regards

Arcanum X

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry Lucian, please ignore this message. I missed the attachement on top.
However, strangely i am unable to replace the WPA file even after following the above mentioned steps. It just could not be replaced.

Regards

okaydoke0089

May 5, 2011
can not replace the file

Please help!

I rooted Galaxy Tab using z4root and couldn't replace the wpa_supplicant file.
Funny thing is if I choose Temporary Root in z4root then I could replace the file without error, but the file restore as default after I reboot my Galaxy Tab.

would anyone share how and which file you were used to root your Galaxy Tab.

thank you very much.