[Bootanimation] Android Eating Apple bootanimation ....

Search This thread

extirpate

Jun 6, 2011
Roseville, Ca
Im guessing this is only going to work on HTC? Tried thru both root expl and file mngr with root priv and the directories that was said to go into, i cannot find. Im using motorola razr. Tried to locate these directories using astro as well and no luck.

sensationalspurs

Dec 17, 2011
førde
Funny as hell but lovin it. Have a certain dislike for iphones not sure why, perhaps its the mighty green droid thats too kick **** to ignore. Great job!!

htc sensational running viperS v 1.0.1

extirpate

Jun 6, 2011
Roseville, Ca

Yes i have root. SU grants permissions. That checked out ok. From root explorer i dont see a "SD Root" directory. I have root/, and i have sdcard/. I went into both. The root directory is empty. The sd card directory doesn't have system, customize or resource sub directories. I found the system directory below the root and sdcard directory but no customize from there. Browsing around system i found a media sub directory and within it i found bootanimation.zip. Not sure if i should try and paste this zip in there and remove the current one. Im still fairly new at flashing stuff to my device so im not sure what to do if it doesnt work. Would it just give a blank screen instead of animation and then boot so i can change it back? Thanks for the response and help.

extirpate

Jun 6, 2011
Roseville, Ca
Yes i have root. SU grants permissions. That checked out ok. From root explorer i dont see a "SD Root" directory. I have root/, and i have sdcard/. I went into both. The root directory is empty. The sd card directory doesn't have system, customize or resource sub directories. I found the system directory below the root and sdcard directory but no customize from there. Browsing around system i found a media sub directory and within it i found bootanimation.zip. Not sure if i should try and paste this zip in there and remove the current one. Im still fairly new at flashing stuff to my device so im not sure what to do if it doesnt work. Would it just give a blank screen instead of animation and then boot so i can change it back? Thanks for the response and help.

I just decided to go ahead and replace the file in system/media using Root Explorer and it still wasnt working. I tried changing permissions, and still it would not play the animation. The animation playing WAS a different animation than stock razr. Just the word Android flashing from left to right. It actually looked pretty cool. That was with a .zip that wasnt working. I later tested it with no .zip in the folder and still got that animation.Thought that was interesting. All in all i was able to get it working by renaming the .zip to plain "bootanimation.zip."

Funny it says HTC at the bottom of the animation on my Motorola phone. smh. Still an awesome animation. Can anyone clear that HTC logo?

Thanks for the help. Hope to try out more.

Last edited:

Nailtrail

Sep 6, 2012
Good job, it's really cute! :)

Just a quick note. If you use CM or possibly some other non Sense ROM on your Sensation, the original boot animation is in /system/media so you have to copy this custom animation there. Rest of the instructions are the same as in the OP.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a bootanimation I converted over to work with the S4G and E3D .
    It is the Android Bot eating an Apple . There was a few requests for it
    so here it is . Please make sure to hit the Thanks button if you enjoyed :)

***As usual I am NOT responsible for you damaging your devices , Thermonuclear
    war , your grandma getting angry , you throwing your phone against the wall ,
    unhappiness , etc. Flash at your own risk !!! ***

Directions :

1: download .zip from below and put it on your SD Root
    2: Using Root Explorer navigate to SD Root and move bootanimation.zip
    to system/customize/resources and paste in there .
    3: Rename original bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak or move it
    to your SD Root to use for later if wanted .
    4: make sure it is named bootanimation.zip and nothing else or it
    will NOT work .
    5: Long press bootanimation.zip and click permissions . Make sure this is
    selected below inorder to work properly . If this is not selected properly
    you will get a black blank screen !!!

Owner: read & write checked, execute unchecked
    Group: read checked, rest unchecked
    Others: read checked, rest unchecked

6: Restart and Enjoy !

for people having problem with install : Thanks for this Dougi !

you can try this :

with ES file explorer ( down from market ) :

_ go into settings of ES file explorer and enable root function
    _ press and hold the bootanimation.zip that you placed on root of your sd card and copy .
    _ then go into data/local and overwrite the existing one..
    _ and you're done
    _ reboot and enjoy this beautifull boot animation... ;)

Here is what it looks like running on the Sensation ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxnZj2Hv1dk

Download the bootanimation.zip from here ....

Android Eating Apple Boot Animation

Thank you glad you like it !

great bootscreen, thanks. somehow it lags on my sensation, anyone else?

Thank you ! All bootanimations lag a bit . Thats due to Android starting up
    in the backround .

AZ2ENVY you are a legend. Works and looks amazing!! Thanks very much for making it for me! =]

Thank you :) No problem glad I could help !

Great job! I thought it was a 2D version of the android eating an apple like I see on decals and such....kinda reminded me of South Park's Canadians where they have bowl heads lol....

Anyways, thanks for the share my friend!

great job with the animation. How did you get the weather on your lockscreen to look that way?

Thank you ! Its a feature on CoreDrOiD rom :)

Awesome, I just finished installing it. Thanks.

How do you customize/change the first boot screen?

Check this thread out . Make sure to hit the Thanks button :)

[Splash Screen Images+Tool] 13 540x960 qHD Splash Images + Splash Flasher ....
    for people having problem with install :

you can try this :

with ES file explorer ( down from market ) :

_ go into settings of ES file explorer and enable root function
    _ press and hold the bootanimation.zip that you placed on root of your sd card and copy .
    _ then go into data/local and overwrite the existing one..
    _ and you're done
    _ reboot and enjoy this beautifull boot animation... ;)

THANKS TO AZ2ENVY for his work..

:) :)
    Not working for me arhd 3.0.4 and its named correctly and the permissions are correct

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Same here. Not working for me. I'm using insertcoin 2.4.2 .

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium