Insufficient storage: google playstore error

Search This thread

Fitseries3

Jul 4, 2010
before anyone jumps on my ass... i HAVE googled the **** out of this and spent 2 days looking for an answer. NOTHING i've found has worked.

i CANNOT install ANY updates via market. the ones i have tried, end up telling me "insufficient storage available" and then seem to disapear. facebook, maps, gmail, and a few others did this. one by one apps are leaving my phone. NO there is not a virus.

i've tried:
repairing permissions via TWRP
cleared cache/dalvik
deleted TONS of txt msgs
removed lots of apps
moved as many apps to SD as i could
deleted old nandroid backups
deleted old TIbackup backups
used leedriod to fix permissions
installed apps2sd and moved apps

im 5mins from doing a factory reset.

HELP!!!

some info:
nocturnal adrenaline r118
sense 3.0
hboot 1.4

Last edited:

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
You didn't say if you went into 'applications', manage, play store, and then cleared data. I hope you tried that and then rebooted. Same thing has happened to me and this cleared it up.

"We're coming from a pure power source."

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
I know you may want to here this but you may need to reflash the Rom and and do a full wipe and a super wipe and wipe dalvik ceche wipe ceche and format system and the list go's on basicly wipe everything and run a super wipe tool and then flash your Rom if that doesn't work then you may want to try another Rom

Sent from my Evo 3D s off using xda premium

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
Mine did too yesterday. Factory reset was only thing that worked.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Sprint!

aagame

Jun 13, 2012
factory wipe work, but in my case, after some time the problem keep reappearing. i can't find a proper solution for this yet.

fearwillkeepus

Feb 22, 2011
San Diego
Try turning the autosync off on your Google accountunder settings(not playstore) then back on. If that fails try signing out if your Google account then readding it.

Sent from this 3D thing o_O

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Try clearing data on google services framework and google partner setup. Then reboot. Then add your account again and try the market.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

aagame

Jun 13, 2012
Here's a compendium of not working solutions i've tried

repairing permissions via CWM recovery
uninstall market updates/use old market
cleared cache/dalvik
use marketfix
deleted TONS of txt msgs
removed lots of apps
use cache fixer
installed apps2sd and moved apps (ungazedata2sd,darktremor,link2sd)
find corpse app using sdmaid
Flash/reflash various ROMs
uninstall/reinstall TIbackup
used Rom Manager to fix permissions
Try turning the autosync off on your Google accountunder settings(not playstore) then back on. If that fails try signing out if your Google account then readding it. (New)
Try clearing data on google services framework and google partner setup. Then reboot. Then add your account again and try the market. (New)

Here's a compendium of temporary working solutions i've tried:

unmount sdcard->install app->mount sd card only work for one download
using logcat to find specific file copy problem only work for that particular file, other download will still display this annoying error.
factory reset only helps for a while, and this annoying error came again.
Repartion/reformat sdcard also provide temporary solution, but soon the error came again.

This is soooo frustrating man!

Keion

Nov 6, 2011
Danville, California
Here's a compendium of not working solutions i've tried

repairing permissions via CWM recovery
uninstall market updates/use old market
cleared cache/dalvik
use marketfix
deleted TONS of txt msgs
removed lots of apps
use cache fixer
installed apps2sd and moved apps (ungazedata2sd,darktremor,link2sd)
find corpse app using sdmaid
Flash/reflash various ROMs
uninstall/reinstall TIbackup
used Rom Manager to fix permissions
Try turning the autosync off on your Google accountunder settings(not playstore) then back on. If that fails try signing out if your Google account then readding it. (New)
Try clearing data on google services framework and google partner setup. Then reboot. Then add your account again and try the market. (New)

Here's a compendium of temporary working solutions i've tried:

unmount sdcard->install app->mount sd card only work for one download
using logcat to find specific file copy problem only work for that particular file, other download will still display this annoying error.
factory reset only helps for a while, and this annoying error came again.
Repartion/reformat sdcard also provide temporary solution, but soon the error came again.

This is soooo frustrating man!

Get a new SD card.

KrewsialNL

Weird how this problem is popping up up left and right.

I just had the same with CoolRom. Play Store AND apk files outsode of it could not be installed anymore.

Had to factory reset and now it works fine again. Pretty weird if you ask me...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

stevefwt

Dec 17, 2009
Both times I've had this error I used Cachemate to clear the cache, the apps then installed. Dunno why but suggests not enough RAM rather than storage.

aagame

Jun 13, 2012

Already tried these sd cards:
2GB Class 2
Samsung 2 GB Class 4
2 different Transcend 32 GB Class 10 (New)

stuck again.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Weird how this problem is popping up up left and right.

I just had the same with CoolRom. Play Store AND apk files outsode of it could not be installed anymore.

Had to factory reset and now it works fine again. Pretty weird if you ask me...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Factory reset is a temporary solution, after some time, the bug will come again.:crying:

Both times I've had this error I used Cachemate to clear the cache, the apps then installed. Dunno why but suggests not enough RAM rather than storage.

already tried clearing cache/dalvik, but not working 4 me.:crying:

MightyBen

May 23, 2007
NRW
Had the same problem with my Evo 3D. The problem is that you have to have at least 10% free internal storage in order to install anything. So move some big App to SD card to solve this.

aagame

Jun 13, 2012
No solutions up until now yet, but the real culprit is the cache created by google playstore in the cache partition when downloading apps.

I found a workaround to use until google sort out this bug. I backed up all of my apps, do a factory reset,and restore the app. In order to prevent google playstore to build up it's cache when downloading new apps, i use an apk leecher, transfer the apk to sdcard, and install from sdcard. Sometimes i have to use market fixer to link some installed apps to playstore. i preserved the cache for updates only.

not very pretty and i don't like this, but at least it worked.

1branchonthevine

Feb 10, 2012
Just verifying...You sound like you know what you are doing, but just in case...

Maybe you really are out of space... when you did apps2sd/Link2SD, did you actually partition the SD card with two partitions? Use that 32GB CL10 and make a 4gb partition (use the recovery formatter, since most align the partitions, don't use winblows/linux), then use Link2SD (my preference, since it's UI manageable, plus apps2sd didn't work for my rom anyhow) and click "Link" (not move to SD). Link moves the .apk, cache, and user data (if I recall correctly) to the "4GB" partition, but move-to-SD just moves user data to the larger USB mountable FAT partition, so this isn't going to move everything, plus it's not as flexible when mounting via USB. Good luck!

aagame

Jun 13, 2012
Thank you very much for reminding me. I did make 3 partitions which includes 2gb of sd-ext, 1 gb of linux swap, and the rest is fat32. on the sd-ext, i've symlinked data, cache, google play cache, system/app, and user/app partitions. there was still plenty of space left on it (more than 800mb at that time).