HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

Search This thread

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
Exactly. And I feel that way about the hTC DROID DNA (butterfly)...like, how long has it been launched? And now the One comes along and makes that device feel like crap in comparison. I don't know where the managers or marketers in that company had graduated from, coz I haven't seen anything worse than such management. They're launching 1GHz single core units in China with JB while they refuse to update a dual core unit. And I hardly, or never see any ads about hTC anywhere in the middle east. There's no innovation in the One, not quietly brilliant at all. Plus the new button layout is confusing, I've seen YouTube videos and the persons handling it keeps pressing over the logo instead of the actual soft keys. Plus, I bet the new aluminum body will lead to connectivity issues, they claim they've found a way, but hTC is known to fail.

Well, when I was in Beirut I didn't see any ads for any kind of electronics, so I don't think HTC is the only company that lacks advertising in the Middle East :p

HTC should really stop changing the button layout... The Nexus 5 is going to be the best

arabology

Jan 25, 2011
Beirut
Well, when I was in Beirut I didn't see any ads for any kind of electronics, so I don't think HTC is the only company that lacks advertising in the Middle East :p

HTC should really stop changing the button layout... The Nexus 5 is going to be the best
No, actually our ads and billboards are all about electronics and diet milk :p the S3 ads where all over once it was launched, now everyone holds an S3 here, and most want to change to the note 2...(people here has nothing better to do)

Any news which brand the nexus 5 will be?

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
No, actually our ads and billboards are all about electronics and diet milk :p the S3 ads where all over once it was launched, now everyone holds an S3 here, and most want to change to the note 2...(people here has nothing better to do)

Any news which brand the nexus 5 will be?

Nexus 5 might be LG again

And I know what you mean by all the diet milk ads :p

Reactions: arabology

gelo01

Sep 18, 2012
Manila
OnePlus 8T
Maybe wait for a moment and wait for other companies to announce their flagship phones, then i'll choose. But as of the moment, the One outperforms all phones out there, so YES.

Sent from my HTC One S4 using xda-developers app

The-Last-Hylian

Feb 14, 2012
www.ivaninsurance.co.uk
If I can save up enough dough to buy the handset outright then yeah, I'll keep my HOX too as a back up...

I'ma bit lax to get rid of my HOX atm as it is a brilliant handset for what it can do, the technology in it is fantastic!

kkk121

Feb 12, 2009
I never had a problem with my htc. Still love my htc sensation. And will always have an htc phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

GaardenZwerch

Jul 13, 2010
I have dropped HTC in favor of Sony (XPERIA S) because of HTC's attitude.
Would have gone for Nexus 4 if they had been more easily available at the time. Maybe next time :)

Frank

misterthomas32

Oct 25, 2011
hell yeah!

Not even thinking twice! I'm getting thise one (see what I did there ^^) as soon as it gets released!
I love sense and their failure in updating devices is not a problem for me since I'll root my device instantly and get the latest versions right away :eek:

waterbound

Jun 2, 2010
Maryland
The specs are nothing short of incredible but HTC does leave doubt with the last few models. I love my EVO LTE, chose over the SG3 for my own reasons and couldn't be happier. The forums looked exactly the same before the EVO LTE came out where the 'Will you by the new EVO LTE' and everyone indicated they wouldn't but it seems that most of those that commented against, were seen to actually follow through and buy it anyway. I think the same thing here, this will be a huge seller and I hope the real devs jump on board quickly as I assume they will. Just my opinion and not intending to come across rude etc. Thanks for eveyones input !

misterthomas32

Oct 25, 2011
I never had a problem with my htc. Still love my htc sensation. And will always have an htc phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Same here, never had problems with htc. I don't love my htc sensation anymore because it's super slow, so I'm getting the HTC One as soon as it get's released :eek:

Super Chimp

Nov 5, 2008
I was thinking about it but I lack faith in their keeping it updated. Plus the new version of Sense isn't very pleasant and nor is the camera all that special.

Reactions: benno4403

Snook321

Feb 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Honestly, it really depends on what the Galaxy S4 has to offer. It won't be hard going back to HTC because all my prevuous phones were HTC phones. The HTC One has really caught my attention.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium HD app

jc719

Nov 16, 2010
Just got the One X, and now they are coming out with another flagship phone...bummer haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'll never buy another htc!!!!!!!
    HTC was wrong too with the failure to update our sensation of jelly beans
    yeah i'm not buying it either. i don't trust hTC neither with software nor hardware anymore. for example, the sensation didn't get jellybean while it's definitely capable. Second, the speaker in it sucks (fact), battery calibration is always wrong, changing the digitizer 90% of the times gives you a faulty screen (even with an OEM part coz i got one and my screen acts CrAzY). Now, with the One X, the Tegra 3 sucked so bad that dropping the phone one time had the screen never to turn again unless you push the back casing exactly where the chip is. 20% of the first two shipments of One X's had that issue, not to forget the lousy cellular+WiFi reception. hTC never replied to the complains and assumed people's money as trash. then came the One X+ that made ALL One X holders so freaking mad...as hTC had officially whop it's 3-months-only so called flagship....

the sensation still is a good device, so i'm not changing it for the time being, but if i would, definitely no hTC for me, thank you. The HD2 ride was a one of a kind that will never repeat itself with hTC.
    i'll never buy another htc!!!!!!!
    I have to agree with this. Before I bought this phone I had a Galaxy S2. The Galaxy S2 was amazing but unfortunately due to a hardware issue it got broken. Then I bought HTC because I wanted to try another brand. HTC's quality of the smartphone is great as well as their HTC Sense, but I feel more comfortable with the Galaxy S2.

I also hate the fact you have to S-OFF/Unlock bootloader, flash 4EXT recovery and then flash root. For example on the Galaxy S2 it was way easier. You just downloaded a custom kernel, flashed it and voila, you're rooted and got a custom recovery.

Earlier today I read an article about the HTC One aswell, but on a dutch website. It would cost 699 euros. Are you kidding me? 699 euros for a smartphone? You can buy lots of other great things with that and you can still have a great phone (For example Nexus 4 which is sold in Germany for 395 euros. 699-395 = 304 euros)

I'm saving my money right now for a Nexus 4 and get it. Like I already said HTC's build quality is great. It feels solid, but inside of the phone it could be better.
    HELL YES.

My HTC Sensation has performed flawlessly for the last 18 months, I love how many devs are cooking custom ROMs for it, I've never had a single issue that couldn't be resolved with a ROM reflash.

The HTC One looks amazing, outperforms anything currently available to date, and has a screen to die for.

The only thing that could potentially change my mind is the Samsung Galaxy S4, but unless it massively outperforms the One in every area or comes with an app that gives me oral sex on demand I'll definitely be signing up for a HTC One.
    It is a powerful and beautiful phone but with HTC's behaviour over updates nowadays, it is a difficult choice. Also, this new camera that is 4mp, I wonder how the picture with be when zoomed. I zoom pictures a lot when I am editing which is why I like the 13mp cameras. It is not just about quality for me but also size after zooming.