Loudspeaker has stopped working - sound only coming out of ear speaker

Search This thread

C1emen7s

Mar 2, 2013
As the title says, sound has stopped coming out of my loudspeaker, and is now only coming out through the ear speaker. It's only just started happening. Any ideas? I really want to avoid a factory reset if possible.

Reactions: bahuta8

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
As the title says, sound has stopped coming out of my loudspeaker, and is now only coming out through the ear speaker. It's only just started happening. Any ideas? I really want to avoid a factory reset if possible.

did u put it underwater? if so wait about 2-3 hours and it should come back, if not do a reset or flash a different rom to see if it a hardware failure or software.

Master82

Sep 23, 2012
Same problem

I know this is two months old , but i thought to share though, I started to notice this problem last month , video ,alarms ,music ,etc all play through the ear speaker , then i restart the phone ,the loud speaker is working again , after few days suddenly it stops again and everything plays through the ear speaker. the problem is gone when i restart , but i don't know why it keeps on happening again.

gm007

May 29, 2011
Repair the phone with sony update service.

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

bahuta8

Dec 31, 2010
Im having this Problem since a few days. External speaker stops working, only the phone speaker works. After a reboot the problem's gone. Did try a full wipe, different Roms, like Aosp, Miui and flashed original Sony ftf. Nothing worked....

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bahuta8

Dec 31, 2010
Bzw: never flashed pure audio, but when i think about it, i maybe forgot to try to flash a stock ftf....

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fearnoid

Feb 25, 2012
Johannesburg

I've figured out a way that works on my Sony Xperia T and S. It might work for you too. Try restarting the device in recovery mode (using the vol+up keys while booting up the device.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.