Help!!! My top panel with the speaker is peeling off!!

Search This thread

0mnom

Jan 28, 2014
Okay guys, I literally just got my phone last night and boy do I love it! But I've just noticed an issue with it already and I just wanted to see if others have had it as well. Heres a few pictures. Ive got a slight issue in that I ordered it from the US, but I live in New Zealand. Heres hoping I have some sort of warranty :p

Some input from users would be nice!

Cheers,

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 596

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Call HTC or the place you bought it from. One should be able to accommodate you.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

mm79k

Jul 15, 2006
Someone posted this in another forum too....

Attachments

• ru6yhu4y.jpg
    ru6yhu4y.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 447

0mnom

Jan 28, 2014
Yeah well I contacted HTC and because it is a US phone it's gonna cost me $100 to get it shipped to Taiwan to be repaired as local New Zealand stores will not cover it.
It's a real pain in the ass. I could get it replaced by Amazon but then I have to ship it to someone in the US to ship to Amazon to replace it .and then get it shipped back to me as they will not replace it if I ship it directly to them.

I literally just got this phone last night and so disappointed that it just happened to be one of the unlucky phones. :'(

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Yeah well I contacted HTC and because it is a US phone it's gonna cost me $100 to get it shipped to Taiwan to be repaired as local New Zealand stores will not cover it.
It's a real pain in the ass. I could get it replaced by Amazon but then I have to ship it to someone in the US to ship to Amazon to replace it .and then get it shipped back to me as they will not replace it if I ship it directly to them.

I literally just got this phone last night and so disappointed that it just happened to be one of the unlucky phones. :'(

Man that sucks :(

Funkym0nkey

Jul 10, 2007
Moving around in the ancient land
You can always try self repair.
That is cosmetic part only. If you see iFixit teardown, that strip is basically held down by simple glue. You can take it all out carefully (use hair dryer to soften rest of the glue). Make sure that stripe is straight. If it isn't, make it straight and put it back on using fresh glue (dont use super glue, use hot melt adhesive minimally, spread it using match stick or something small on the back of the strip. Or you can use any water based adhesive that dries to clear finish).

It is not that difficult repair job. You can always take help of local repair shop. This is rather simple fix.

adtcarv

Oct 16, 2008
Okay guys, I literally just got my phone last night and boy do I love it! But I've just noticed an issue with it already and I just wanted to see if others have had it as well. Heres a few pictures. Ive got a slight issue in that I ordered it from the US, but I live in New Zealand. Heres hoping I have some sort of warranty :p

Some input from users would be nice!

Cheers,

I have the same with mine, but not that bad.
It's quiet simple to repair with super glue and one razor. You just have to put a very tiny bit of glue in the razor and spare it, but be carefully to do not split glue over the screen or the camera!
I'm just watching mine, if it gets worst I'll try to fix, but seems to be same since I bought it.

0mnom

Jan 28, 2014
This sort of tampering results in a warranty void though doesn't it? I'd be really keen to try it out. But then if something really bad does happen to my phone I wanna be able to fix it. Haha man if only everything was just perfect :p

Grizraz

Apr 11, 2011
My phone has the exact same issue. Does not seem to get worse, but over a span of a year or two I could see that peeling off substantially more. It is held on by simple adhesive, I'm put off by the issue but then again it is an easy fix.

0mnom

Jan 28, 2014
My phone has the exact same issue. Does not seem to get worse, but over a span of a year or two I could see that peeling off substantially more. It is held on by simple adhesive, I'm put off by the issue but then again it is an easy fix.

Can you not replace yours either? I'm tempted to fix it, but I dont want to void the warranty if its needed. This is covered under warranty I assume? Since its happening to multiple people it should be anyway! Itll cost me $99 if I wanna replace it since I bought it from Overseas. I could get a free replacement from Amazon but that requires the US address to send it to. Any trustworthy people out there?? haha

Cheers,

nightblazze

May 26, 2009

Grizraz, did you eventually repair it yourself or did you send it in? My friend bought an m8 and has this problem as well. She's going to bring it back to the carrier to see if they can do something for her. Otherwise she might go the warranty route. I'm considering helping with the repair because it seems easy..

Everyone else who repaired it themselves.. Was it easy?

Grizraz

Apr 11, 2011
I took the phone to the local Sprint dealer, a mall kiosk, they never heard of this happening and simply referred me out to some support number. I have not attempted to fix it yet, will post when I do with photos etc. Hopefully if someone else fixes it, they will do the same :)