Windows phone 7 backup + backups SMS

Search This thread

andy_0

Dec 6, 2008
As far as i know you can backup some data using Microsoft MyPhone or the Zune software. Based on my last information (late 2010) a backup of your sms (text message; is sms used in english?) is NOT possible. Microsoft is limiting the software access thus a third party tool can not add this feature.

IMHO: This is basically a bad joke. How can they not offer a full backup solution and at least an data transfer toolkit für windows mobile 6.x users?!

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
As far as i know you can backup some data using Microsoft MyPhone or the Zune software. Based on my last information (late 2010) a backup of your sms (text message; is sms used in english?) is NOT possible. Microsoft is limiting the software access thus a third party tool can not add this feature.

IMHO: This is basically a bad joke. How can they not offer a full backup solution and at least an data transfer toolkit für windows mobile 6.x users?!

there is a backup system, its not myphone though, that is for WM6.x devices, the team have been working on a WP7 version however.

anyhow, calander and contacts can be synced with live services or by your email account, your music and photos/documents are all synced with zune, the only thing that isnt is your text messages.

i agree a one stop shop would be great, like myphone, and im sure it will be here soon, i heard that development had stopped on myphone so that they can work on a new version for WP, we shall have to see.

andy_0

Dec 6, 2008
Isnt there a similiar but limited version of MyPhone for windows phone 7? Its directly integrated within the ms live-device feature (e.g. you can locate your phone with this service)?

A real solution would be great anyway. One may dream about a text message integration within hotmail itself (sending (via mobile phone which is synced with activesync push), listing received messages directly within the inbox ...).

Arent you disappointed that such a basic feature (backing up your data, transfer data vom another wp 7 and wm 6) arent implemented within the OS relase or at least a few months (to be correct: about 6 months) later ?

raves1

Oct 2, 2011
no sms backup for windows 7 phone

Dear Microsoft I have to tell you that I can't use you windows 7 phone as much as I love it, because there is no tool to backup my SMS records. see I manage over 100 clients networks and it infrastructure and need to keep all SMS for legal records and liability purposes. it is ridiculous that there is no way to back SMS up and for that reason I have been telling all my clients not to buy the windows 7 phone. You Microsoft has reduced the phone to a kids toy and have been forced ME move to android I have had a windows phone for over 5 years and gone throw ruff times with you but now I have to cut my losses and move to either the I phone where I will have to buy a third party backup or move to the android. I would like to thank you for your hard work on the windows 7 phone and the oversight for its possible failure. Most if not all professionals will not be able to use this windows 7 phone.

Reactions: Martin7Pro

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Dear Microsoft I have to tell you that I can't use you windows 7 phone as much as I love it, because there is no tool to backup my SMS records. see I manage over 100 clients networks and it infrastructure and need to keep all SMS for legal records and liability purposes. it is ridiculous that there is no way to back SMS up and for that reason I have been telling all my clients not to buy the windows 7 phone. You Microsoft has reduced the phone to a kids toy and have been forced ME move to android I have had a windows phone for over 5 years and gone throw ruff times with you but now I have to cut my losses and move to either the I phone where I will have to buy a third party backup or move to the android. I would like to thank you for your hard work on the windows 7 phone and the oversight for its possible failure. Most if not all professionals will not be able to use this windows 7 phone.

Troll lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no sms backup for windows 7 phone