T-Mobile/CM7 Theme List App!!

Search This thread

jrummy16

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2010
Placentia
jrummyapps.com
Edit: posted the app in the Market with updates. Get it here: http://bit.ly/theme_chooser

This will list all current CM7/T-Mobile themes. When you click a theme it will take you to the Android Market or website hosting the theme. You can filter by free/paid/hdpi/mdpi/ldpi and search by developer/description/name.

I have been working hard at re-doing Liberty Toolbox into a ROM Toolbox for every phone. A side project with that was creating a T-Mobile theme list for inside the Toolbox. My project is getting so big I developed the app as a side app so I could avoid waiting so long on building. I decided to share the app that will be included in ROM Toolbox.

This app was inspired by THIS thread. Major props to maxpower47 for building the list.

The list in the app is pulled from data on my server. If you would like to update this list it's easy to do and will show up in the app instantly. The list is here: http://jrummy16.com/jrummy/romtoolbox/tmobile_themes/tmobile_themes.xml
Please let me know if you would like to take the huge task of updating the list :p (gtalk: JRummy16@gmail.com)

BLUE = free and donate version
GREEN = free
RED = paid only app

21n1w14.png
24dldzd.png
2nv5lvp.png
23hk8zb.png

Updated 8-4

New stuff:

- Custom TitleBar
-- Click the icon to open Theme Chooser
-- Long Press the icon to show/hide search tool
- Long Click item
- Don't reload data on switching orientation
- Don't show keyboard when first opening the app
- Some other stuff

Last edited:

ZaLiTHkA

Jan 14, 2008
HTC One (m7)
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
I like this idea, downloading now to test. :D I'll let you know just now how it runs on Oxygen 2.2.

By the way, the link you posted to the list of themes points to a XML file, not a webpage...

Edit: Looks like it works nicely... I like the way the search feature filters the list as you type, that's a really nice touch! Have you got any way to show themes added to the list since the last time it was opened?

Last edited:
Reactions: jrummy16

jrummy16

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2010
Placentia
jrummyapps.com
I like this idea, downloading now to test. :D I'll let you know just now how it runs on Oxygen 2.2.

By the way, the link you posted to the list of themes points to a XML file, not a webpage...

Edit: Looks like it works nicely... I like the way the search feature filters the list as you type, that's a really nice touch! Have you got any way to show themes added to the list since the last time it was opened?

Thanks for testing it out. I like your suggestion too! I will have to update that. I just updated the filter to include "By Developer..". it's bed time for now though. :)

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Just 1 minor problem. Let's say I filter the app to only show "free/donate themes." If the the theme link takes me to a market link, then I click the back button to go back to the app, it keeps my filter settings and goes back to the same theme I left off at. This doesn't happen though if the theme link takes me to a post here at XDA.

If the link brings me to XDA, then I click the back button to go back to the app, the app resets my filter settings and starts me over at the top of the list. Definitely not a deal breaker but gets pretty annoying since not all themes are in the market. Is there any way for it to keep my settings and my place, if it opens the browser for an XDA link?

Last edited:

ZaLiTHkA

Jan 14, 2008
HTC One (m7)
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
If the link brings me to XDA, then I click the back button to go back to the app, the app resets my filter settings...

I was running 1.0 (installed before the update yesterday), so I tested with that before updating to 1.1.

Both versions the filter retains it's settings on my Desire whether the link takes me to Market or XDA. Perhaps it's something specific to either your device or your ROM? Works perfectly on Desire with Oxygen 2.2.

By the way Jrummy16, I really love the 'transparent' application theme you put in... Nice touch! Unfortunately though my chosen interface fonts (Sansation and SansationLight) make things interesting, but that's not a problem at all. I'm off to get the donate version now. :D

Attachments

• snap20110805_091035.jpg
    snap20110805_091035.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

wolfepakt

Mar 1, 2008
Southeast WY
Awesome, love it!
Two requests:
1. Multiple filters at once (i.e. Free and HDPI)
2. (this may be hard, too much work!) in app screen shots!

ZaLiTHkA

Jan 14, 2008
HTC One (m7)
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Awesome, love it!
Two requests:
1. Multiple filters at once (i.e. Free and HDPI)
2. (this may be hard, too much work!) in app screen shots!

I'd also agree with the first suggestion, perhaps setting up the filters as tick-boxes in a list instead of a pop-up menu would make it easier?

I think having screenshots in the list of themes would make it look messy (my honest opinion), but perhaps an indication of whether the theme is located in Market or XDA would be nice?

Either way, I'm still finding more and more interesting themes to try.. :D

qccoles

Mar 18, 2011
Omggggg ive been waiting on an app like this for so long!!!
Thanks so much!! Im abusing it!

ZaLiTHkA

Jan 14, 2008
HTC One (m7)
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
I had an idea last night that would make this an even more useful app, but it sort of depends on how it works currently though... Does it store a list of themes locally or does it have to download the list each time you open the app?

It would be nice to be able to see what themes have been added to the list since the last time the app was opened.. With the number of themes in the list already, it would be really easy to miss newly added themes without even realising it.

For example:
On first run:
  • Themes
  1. Theme 1
  2. Theme 2
  3. Theme 3
  4. Theme 4

This list would then be saved to the app's cache, and on the next launch it would be compared to the themes currently listed on the server (perhaps by a unique theme reference ID or something like that?).

On second run:
  • New Themes
  1. Theme 5
  2. Theme 6
  • Themes
  1. Theme 1
  2. Theme 2
  3. Theme 3
  4. Theme 4
This would allow themes recently added to the theme list to be shown at the top of the list until the app is restarted (or 'notifications' cleared, whichever works best).

What do you think..?

Reactions: rycheme

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: posted the app in the Market with updates. Get it here: http://bit.ly/theme_chooser

This will list all current CM7/T-Mobile themes. When you click a theme it will take you to the Android Market or website hosting the theme. You can filter by free/paid/hdpi/mdpi/ldpi and search by developer/description/name.

I have been working hard at re-doing Liberty Toolbox into a ROM Toolbox for every phone. A side project with that was creating a T-Mobile theme list for inside the Toolbox. My project is getting so big I developed the app as a side app so I could avoid waiting so long on building. I decided to share the app that will be included in ROM Toolbox.

This app was inspired by THIS thread. Major props to maxpower47 for building the list.

The list in the app is pulled from data on my server. If you would like to update this list it's easy to do and will show up in the app instantly. The list is here: http://jrummy16.com/jrummy/romtoolbox/tmobile_themes/tmobile_themes.xml
    Please let me know if you would like to take the huge task of updating the list :p (gtalk: JRummy16@gmail.com)

BLUE = free and donate version
    GREEN = free
    RED = paid only app

21n1w14.png
    24dldzd.png
    2nv5lvp.png
    23hk8zb.png

Updated 8-4

New stuff:

- Custom TitleBar
    -- Click the icon to open Theme Chooser
    -- Long Press the icon to show/hide search tool
    - Long Click item
    - Don't reload data on switching orientation
    - Don't show keyboard when first opening the app
    - Some other stuff

I had an idea last night that would make this an even more useful app, but it sort of depends on how it works currently though... Does it store a list of themes locally or does it have to download the list each time you open the app?

It would be nice to be able to see what themes have been added to the list since the last time the app was opened.. With the number of themes in the list already, it would be really easy to miss newly added themes without even realising it.

For example:
    On first run:
    • Themes
    1. Theme 1
    2. Theme 2
    3. Theme 3
    4. Theme 4

This list would then be saved to the app's cache, and on the next launch it would be compared to the themes currently listed on the server (perhaps by a unique theme reference ID or something like that?).

On second run:
    • New Themes
    1. Theme 5
    2. Theme 6
    • Themes
    1. Theme 1
    2. Theme 2
    3. Theme 3
    4. Theme 4
    This would allow themes recently added to the theme list to be shown at the top of the list until the app is restarted (or 'notifications' cleared, whichever works best).

What do you think..?