[Utility][2.0]Auto-Patcher

Search This thread

mateorod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
We have moved support away from this thread and into the main thread at Android General. The info in the second post is accurate as of 12/3/12.

Development on the Auto-Patcher continues, I have just stopped adding Nexus 7 specific features as this device's users didn't express any interest.

If I could close the thread, I would. But if something tickles your fancy, come see us at the above link.

Last edited:

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
The Auto-Patcher 2.4.7​
(Bismuth)

by pastime1971 and mateorod.
Trouble with Android 4.2? See here.

Current version and changes: Auto-Patcher 2.4.7 is out

Improvements include:
  • Pdroid for CM7, after a long battle, should finally be working
  • Internal script improvements.

Pdroid and Pdroid2.0 are incompatible and cannot be applied to the same rom!. If you are switching from one Pdroid to another, go to data/system and delete everything with privacy in the name.

The Auto-Patcher​

The Auto-Patcher is a smali patching utilty that can be used to port mods, framework changes, themes and more across ROMs and devices by patching files and outputting a flashable zip.

We hope that this tool can help developers get their work to a wider audience and help users easily try programs that may call for skills or time they don't have. In one command, you can have all the power and utility of the mods/programs listed below, with no specialized knowledge.

Supports
  • ClockworkMod and Aroma installers
  • Cyanogen [CM7, CM9, CM10] (cm)
  • AOKP (aokp)
  • AOSP (aosp)
  • ParanoidAndroid (pa)
  • Evervolv (aosp)
  • ...and many others.

We do not support system.img, Odexed roms or Sense, TouchWiz or other OEM-skinned AOSP at this time.

If you have a build environment and build for TW or Sense, consider joining the team. Additionally, Quarx's CyanogenMod roms are not currently supported. A maintainer would be welcomed for that as well.

Supported Platforms​
The Auto-Patcher runs on Linux and MacOSX terminals. Project contributors kobik77 and wbedard have helped us add Windows support as well.

Kobik77 has developed a stand-alone GUI for Windows called ApG. The most current version of ApG can be downloaded here. Note: ApG has some trouble with some virus software. It has no elevated permissions and is demonstrably safe. Here are some anti-virus tips from long-time user Grayfoxmg1

The Available Mods

Unless there are hardcoded reasons they conflict, all of the mods below can be combined, so you could get all of the programs and tweaks in one shot. If you use other premade patches or zips, you would have to choose between them.

The Auto-Patcher is the only non-destructive way to get these enhancements, short of building your own ROM and/or applying your own changes to the code.

The name is paranthesis is the MODS for use on the command-line. See usage below if that confuses you. It isn't hard, really.

• PDroid (pdroid):
    • The one where we make our bones, PDroid is an advanced privacy app, one that allows you to deny system and user apps permissions they usually need to function. PDroid changes the information passed by permission requests instead of denying it like other apps. That means no FC's or misbehaving apps. PDroid allows you to set custom phone numbers or IMEIs as well. PDroid is only officially supported through GB. The Auto-Patcher makes it an option for ICS and Jellybean ROMs as well.
  • PDroid 2.0 (pd2.0): NEW!
    • CollegeDev's update of the core PDroid app and framework. There is a separate app you will need as well. You can get the app and read about PDroid2.0 and get the .apk here. This mod is only for Android 4.1.2+
  • V6 Supercharger (v6supercharger):
  • Insecure Boot.img (insecure):
    • This should work for just about every ROM, giving you true root shell access, enabling adb push of system files and adb remount commands. It can truly save your bacon if you are the type to play with system files and flashing. Some ROMs come with this feature already, so if this patch fails, it just means you already have one.
  • Secure boot.img (secure):
    • The opposite of the above. There are advantages to both, and what you want depends on what you do. I haven't seen any other way to secure a boot.img, with so many roms now having insecure by default.
  • Swap internal and external storage (external_internal):NEW!
    • This swaps your app storage from an sdcard to internal storage. This allows you to use all apps, even w/o an sdcard!
  • TabletUI (tabletUI):
    • Based on findings by barmullio, this allows users of the "Phablets" UI to switch from the stock phone or phablet layout to Tablet user interface. I personally like the tab interface because it allows me more regular access to the status bar. Lockscreen rotation has been enabled as well. Confirmed working on all devices!.
NEW
Mods for Wifi-only Tablets.
  • 3G Dongle (3gdongle):
    • This allows users of Wifi tabs to use their 3G dongles on their tablets, allowing them to have data on the go. This is a pretty involved mod, and the development is still on-going. We would like to stress that you read up at developer trevd's thread for best practices and troubleshooting. A growing list of confirmed supported dongles can be found there as well.
  • Google Voice (voice):
    • As popularized by bongostl, this allows users to use Google Voice to make outgoing calls. It changes your framework-res to recognize that the tablet is voice capable. This allows you to recieve calls as well and has other call quality advantages over things like GrooveIP.
  • OTG support- Coming SOON.

Usage

Designed to run on Linux, OSX and Windows (using Cygwin)

• The Auto-Patcher has become completely open-source, and no one has gotten more out of that than our Windows users. kobik77 and wbedard have come aboard and brought Windows support to our formerly *nix-only utility.
  • Kobik has also crafted the first Auto-Patcher GUI! Here is his post with download link and features description (including auto-update from Github!)

Requirements for execution: Java (JDK), cpio, patch

Help
For usage and patch availability, place a rom.zip into this directory and try
Code:
$./auto_patcher <ROMNAME>.zip -h
This will check our various dependancies and provide some useful information. It is not the prettiest thing in the world yet, we're working on it...

To patch a ROM
Code:
./auto_patcher <[FONT="Courier New"]ROMNAME[/FONT]>.zip <[FONT="Courier New"]MODS[/FONT]>
example:
Code:
./auto_patcher cm10-encore-fat-tire.zip pdroid,tabletUI
You can have any number of mods applied at the same time, just separate them with a comma and NO SPACES!

The only thing you may need will be a romtype. The patcher will detect and display the ROMTYPE it thinks you have. If the patches fail, just append your ROMTYPE to the end of the command. The only available ROM types are:
  • pa
  • cm
  • aosp
  • aokp
Don't worry if your rom doesn't have a type; most roms in XDA are derivatives of one of the above, and tell you which one in their release threads.
Code:
./auto_patcher pa-2.23-mateorod.zip pdroid pa

98% of the time, that is all you need to know!

If you would like to see some of our more advanced usage, please see the third post.

Debugging
  • There is never any need for any wiping or restoring of a backup! If you encounter any problems, simply reflash the generated restore.zip or your ROM over the install, preserving all data and settings!
  • In the Auto-Patcher directory you will see a logfile that is generated with each run of the program. Please attach the entire logfile in order to get the best support we can offer.

Current and past versions available at our download page on techerrata
Download
You can also clone from our github. See the README because there is actualy a lot extra there.

Contributors
pastime1971
mateorod
kobik77 (ApG developer/cygwin maintainer)
wbedard (cygwin/AOSP pd2.0 maintainer)

Maintainers
FFU5y (Maintains pd2.0 AOKP)
KickNGuitar (OSX testing)
poncik (Evervolv maintainer)

Thanks
eyeballer and kevank with Team Win for web hosting
Svyat
CollegeDev
tonyp
krylon360
inportb
chainfire (for faapt)
zeppelinrox
trevd
rathian, and TheMatrix2000 (for OSX testing)
romracer and greenblue for 4.1.2 fixes
ninno_mx

The Auto-Patcher is a fully open-source utility, and we welcome new contributors.

If you are a developer, themer or script writer who has code-level edits you walk your users through, let us know and we can get together and create a package for you. A message to developers is here, which also touches on our donation policy.

Last edited:

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
changelog

12.05.00. (v0.1)
# ...........
# 2012.05.12. (v0.2) allows user to specify a different version of patches
# 2012.05.13. (v0.3.0) force "patch -N", remove temp upon failure, generate log output
# 2012.05.13. (v0.3.1) revised the generation of updater-script (SGS2)
# 2012.05.15. added AOSP patches
# 2012.05.15. added crespo-aosp patches, added device-specific patching if patch exists
# 2012.05.15. remove restore.zip upon failure
# 2012.05.15. (v0.4.1) added CM7 (GB) patches
# 2012.05.18. (v0.4.2) added checking for tool commands
# 2012.05.21. (v0.4.3) apply device-specific patche only when it is specified
# 2012.05.26. added task title to log
# 2012.05.31. (v0.4.4) CM9 patches updated, crespo-aosp added
# 2012.06.04. (v0.4.5) added checking tools and rom, added aroma installer support, add patch outputs reroute
# 2012.06.15. CM9 patches updated
# 2012.06.16. (v0.4.6) AOKP patches updated, patch versions restructured
# 2012.06.17. (v0.5.0) patcher script reorganized, removed build.prop
# 2012.06.17. (v0.6.0) auto patcher script for pdroid and v6 patches
# 2012.06.19. (v0.6.1) add patches for CM7.2 Final
# 2012.06.20. (v0.6.2) updated CM 7.2 patches
# 2012.06.23. (v0.6.3) fix symlinks
# 2012.06.26. (v0.6.4) add CM7 nightly patches (0618 or latest). Removed faulty 7.2 patches (0619)
# 2012.06.27. (v0.6.5) added new CM9 patches (20120626)
# 2012.06.27. (v0.6.6) added CM7 nightly patches (20120625) (finally!)
# 2012.07.02. (v0.7.0) Redid AOSP/AOKP; add Windows support (using Cygwin). Thanks kobik77!
# 2012.07.06. (v0.7.1) updated CM9 patches (20120706)
# 2012.07.08. (v0.7.2) updated AOKP (20120707) and CM9 (20120708) pdroid patches
# 2012.07.11. (v1.0.0) reworked script works on Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows (on Cygwin);
# " " added new ICS/JellyBean support for the new V6-Supercharger
# 2012.07.18. (v1.0.1) updated pdroid patches for CM7/CM9 (20120718)
# 2012.08.06 (v1.5.0) updated smali/baksmali binaries to 1.33
# 2012.08.06 Added Pdroid/V6supercharger support for CM10 Jellybean!
# 2012.08.06. (v1.6.0) added aokp-jb patches for pdroid/v6supercharger, script update
# 2012.08.17. (v1.9.5) Added support for pdroid_addon, by CollegeDev.
# Added insecure boot.img mod
# Added support for aosp-jb (This needs testing, and may not be a wide patch due to large variation between AOSP roms.)
# -Please report all experiences!
# Updated all v6supercharger patches w/new edits to ProcessList
# Major script overhaul in preparation for additional mods!
# 2012.08.20. (1.9.6) Conditional support for Official cm10 and aokp-jb builds
# 2012.08.23. (1.9.7) Final/confirmed pdroid support for Official CM10 and AOKP-JB
# 2012.09.04 (1.9.8) Bundled cygwin-compatible tools (original was corrupt).
# For Cygwin, replaced h2b function with simple bash math
# conversion (req'd for compat w/ Cygwin tools).
# 2012.08.26. (2.0.0) Added .apk patching
# Added 3G Dongle support for Nexus 7
# TabletUI support for Nexus 7 (maybe more)
# Google Voice support for Nexus 7
# mods are 3gdongle, tabletUI, voice, or Nexus7 (for all)
# Added provisional file copy menu to widen patching base
# 2012.09.11. (2.0.1) Cygwin support fixes
# 2012.09.11. (2.0.2) Bugfix for 3gdongle (all)
# 2012.09.16. (2.1.0) Significant restructuring of core operations; added edit text file
# Fix for "method-cap" errors in pdroid.

Last edited:

tonyp

Feb 3, 2011
reserved :p

Nice to see you and pastimes and your work here as well - and I absolutely love the new Nexus 7 additions as i finally got mine as well :)

Btw: Are there any news on decompiling the jars and applying these fixes on an android device, without having to use the PC?
It's not important, I'm just interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: mateorod

Cetin

Nov 6, 2007
I will try this patcher for getting 3g dongle (ZTE K3565-Z) support.
My config is ParanoidAndroid with franco kernel.
What is my first step?
How do I get my whole rom with kernel into my mac os system? Can I take the nandroid (I dont think so, because I cannot flash zip back again)?

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
What is my first step?
How do I get my whole rom with kernel into my mac os system? Can I take the nandroid (I dont think so, because I cannot flash zip back again)?

Well, that is interesting, actually. There are a bunch of ways that you could get the update.zip on your tablet, but there isn't support for custom kernels yet. You can patch any rom, but if the patch needs to change the boot.img, flashing a new kernel will remove that part of the patch.

I think I know a way to add it though. I will try to add custom kernel integration to the next update.

But you CAN get the 3gdongle working on your rom, just put it through the patcher and transfer it through adb or email or dropbox.

Code:
./auto_patcher paranoidandroid2.2.1.zip 3gdongle
replacing paranoidandroid2.2.1 with the actual name of the zip.

The stock kernel is pretty awesome, bttw. But I think I can add this to the autopatcher. It is needed anyway.

Edit: I must be really tired. You can do this. The kernels are distributed as boot.imgs. Just open up the kernel installer zip, take out the boot.img. Then replace the boot.img in whatever rom you are using.

Then run it through the Auto-Patcher, using any options you like.

You will ONLY need to replace the boot.img of your rom if you are applying the 3gdongle, insecure,secure, or pdroid-aosp-jb modtypes and would like to use a custom kernel that doesn't come bundled with your rom.

I will add some version of this to the autopatcher's next update though, so it is easy to do from the command-line/GUI.

Last edited:

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
What is my first step?

If you need more info than that, you can ask and I will be more specific, I just reread your post and realized maybe I wasn't thorough enough...

Update Because this seemed so vital to the Nexus 7 community (because we have everyone and their mother with a custom kernel here...) I went and looked through the installers.

It looks most people: faux,_motley, clemsyn et.al. use the AnyKernel updater. Those updaters use some of the same binaries we do to preserve ramdisk edits. They don't want to overwrite mods of this sort any more than we want them to.

A couple devs, franco and some new one from today, Thoravuuk or somethin', just package a boot.img. In those cases you will need to place the custom boot.img (and title it boot.img) in the ROM you would like to patch with the Auto-Patcher.

In all cases, there is existing methods to preserve all support and features with nothing more than winzip or any other archive manager. Drag and drop.

So we will see how we end up handling this in the Auto-Patcher in the future. There are a bunch of methods to distributing kernels which make it tricky, but the more responsible Android devs already are prepared for the fact that you may have modified your ramdisk and want to keep it that way. Using Koush's AnyKernel is a great way to accomplish that.

For franco you will habe to briefly drag and drop for now.

Last edited:

Cetin

Nov 6, 2007
Hey man, thanks for your big support!
I will try like you said.
As I understand correctly the boot.img keeps untouched by your patch. So I can patch my Rom flash the zip and use any custom kernel by flashing it with fastboot flash boot command?!

NEXUS 7

Cetin

Nov 6, 2007
I tried patching but there´s is a problem:

How to choose the right file and which one is it?

Code:
### applying boot.img patch ###
... applying init.dongle.rc patch ...
... applying init.rc patch ...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -Npru ramdisk/init.rc 3g-ramdisk/init.rc
|--- ramdisk/init.rc	2012-08-27 00:25:58.749201521 -0500
|+++ 3g-ramdisk/init.rc	2012-08-27 00:24:51.012865613 -0500
--------------------------
File to patch: 3g-ramdisk
3g-ramdisk: No such file or directory
Skip this patch? [y] n
File to patch: 3g-ramdisk/init.rc
3g-ramdisk/init.rc: No such file or directory
Skip this patch? [y] n
File to patch: init.dongle.rc
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file init.dongle.rc.rej
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!! error: failed patching init.rc
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
I tried patching but there´s is a problem:

How to choose the right file and which one is it?

You're using a Mac correct? That is probably the least tested upon platform, although it should be fine. In your autopatcher folder, there is a logfile. Would you attach it please? I can know a bunch more with that file.

Thanks for reporting back.!
tonyp said:
Btw: Are there any news on decompiling the jars and applying these fixes on an android device, without having to use the PC?
It's not important, I'm just interested.

Oh yeah, once 2.0 gets stable (and I solve this new pdroid problem, that is soooo irritating. I predicted this was coming waay back in pastime's port thread, when we first ran into trouble with the build patches) that is the next thing I am going to work on.

I think pastime is going to lead the charge getting a linux GUI and I am going to work on getting the Android front-end. That is going to be wild, most people have just accepted it can't be done. ;)

Last edited:

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
noob here! i just want to apply 3g dongle patch on my nexus 7 stock rom (rooted ofcourse) help please

thanks

Well, we don;t support system.img modding here yet, mostly because it is so device specific. This tool works on all roms and devices, so adding something for each device would be a real pain. I am going to keep looking at perhaps adding the Nexus 7 system.img, though.

What you can do is look for a deodexed stock rom in the rom page. There are several available, I believe scrosler has one, and maybe a couple more. These are basically stock roms, but with deodexing and unpacking of the system.img already done.

The main advantage to using custom roms is their customizability, (if that is even a word...). All the other stuff is a result of that.

If you want the 3gdongle support, you will probably have to try one of the flashable stock roms.

Reactions: rufh_s

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Very useful mod. Thanks for bringing this here.

Quick question to clear up something:

The tablet mode or 3g dongle, can I just flash them through twrp and be done? Or does the untethered way need your manual method you described above for untethered installation?

I'm running stock rom with trinity kernel(anykernel i believe) BTW. I alternate between motleys and trinity. Sometimes Faux one also.

Edit: I see the above post basically answers my question. Won't work on stock rom. Needs a deodexed stock base rom. Will wait till you hopefully add img. Support. My nexus 7 runs great on stock rom with custom kernel. Waiting for custom roms to mature more before I go flashing.

Last edited:

rufh_s

Feb 4, 2010
Mumbai
Well, we don;t support system.img modding here yet, mostly because it is so device specific. This tool works on all roms and devices, so adding something for each device would be a real pain. I am going to keep looking at perhaps adding the Nexus 7 system.img, though.

What you can do is look for a deodexed stock rom in the rom page. There are several available, I believe scrosler has one, and maybe a couple more. These are basically stock roms, but with deodexing and unpacking of the system.img already done.

The main advantage to using custom roms is their customizability, (if that is even a word...). All the other stuff is a result of that.

If you want the 3gdongle support, you will probably have to try one of the flashable stock roms.

Well I have downloaded the rom deodex by scrosler,but I am getting the error,have attached log cat.text

Thanks

Attachments

• log20120911092241.txt
    51.5 KB · Views: 10

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
Well I have downloaded the rom deodex by scrosler,but I am getting the error,have attached log cat.text

Thanks

I should make a note of this in the top post, the only way to combine the 3gdongle and the Voice hack is to substitute the list of all the mods separately with
Code:
Nexus7

The voice and 3gdongle have separate edits to the bools.xml that are right next to each other. So applying one makes it so the next patch cannot find its context.

I made the Nexus7 patches by hand, so you get all three mods that way. The good news is that going by your log, that's the only problem. So you are basically done!

Edit: And as for the above stock system.img issue, well I may try and add system.img support. But it is a huge pain in the butt, requiring all sorts of manufacturer-specific stuff. I also like stock, though, and alternate between that and straight CM10. But I deodexed the stock.img as well, strictly to make use of all of the cool development that goes down around here.

You can manually deodex, then redex and all that, but I didn't really see a performance drop personally. I am pretty sure all the kernels you listed use koush's anykernel method, which is compatible with the Auto-Patcher and its methods.

Last edited:

rufh_s

Feb 4, 2010
Mumbai
I should make a note of this in the top post, the only way to combine the 3gdongle and the Voice hack is to substitute the list of all the mods separately with
Code:
Nexus7

The voice and 3gdongle have separate edits to the bools.xml that are right next to each other. So applying one makes it so the next patch cannot find its context.

I made the Nexus7 patches by hand, so you get all three mods that way. The good news is that going by your log, that's the only problem. So you are basically done!

Edit: And as for the above stock system.img issue, well I may try and add system.img support. But it is a huge pain in the butt, requiring all sorts of manufacturer-specific stuff. I also like stock, though, and alternate between that and straight CM10. But I deodexed the stock.img as well, strictly to make use of all of the cool development that goes down around here.

You can manually deodex, then redex and all that, but I didn't really see a performance drop personally. I am pretty sure all the kernels you listed use koush's anykernel method, which is compatible with the Auto-Patcher and its methods.

Alright I am off to sleep now... will just patch 3g dongles and see...
Well I got to know this is not just n7 specific in your earlier post itself
This is for all devices that's really great,also I just got my n7 so wanted to be stock as much I can,yep I also prefer it..
Let's see, I ll keep you posted :)

Thanks again for the great work, will also test it on my phone if it works (droid 3) it would give me lot choices to use my data plan
and yeah I also see otg coming soon,all the best for the concept its perfect for noobs like me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

rufh_s

Feb 4, 2010
Mumbai
apparantly patching only "3gdongles" patch didn't worked either attached log, may be i ll try this with some rom or try to find some other "stock" similar, can you suggest some? :)

thanks

Attachments

• log20120911204229.txt
    51.4 KB · Views: 8

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
apparantly patching only "3gdongles" patch didn't worked either attached log, may be i ll try this with some rom or try to find some other "stock" similar, can you suggest some? :)

thanks

Okay, this isn't the fault of your rom. Your log shows that it is failing rebuilding your ramdisk. A user reported a corrupted .exe binary, but when I tried to investigate further I haven't heard back.

But since everything else appears to be working for you that may indeed be the case. Give me a minute to look and then I will put out a hotfix.

This will only affect WIndows users who are patching 3gdongle, insecire/secure and aosp-pdroid. I happen to know for a fact that the program runs fine on Cygwin, so I will checkout some new binaries and you should be okay.

Update: We have fixed the final issues with Cygwin and those selct mods. Thanks for your report, 1000+ downloads of 2.0 in the 24 hours or so and you were the one that aimed me towards the fix.

Thanks! Should be up later tonight, after I put my son to bed.

Last edited:

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
Okay, update is ftp'ing its way up to techerrata as we speak. Maybe 20 mins or so.

I went and got my hands on a Cygwin terminal, and as far a I can tell, everything works as it should. We were having a hell of a time with the binaries, they just seemed to check out fine right up until we uploaded the package and then they crapped out on us.

But the new update has all working pieces. If you were using cygwin and had an issue, give it another shot. Writing a program to run on all three major platforms has been a major learning experience for me, let me tell you.

I am probably going to add the 720p video shooting next update, so if there is anything else you know and want, let me know. It doesn't have to be limited to this forum, there isn't much we can't tackle at this point.

Oh, and we strengthened the voice and 3gdongle patches, now you should be able to apply them both anyway you want, including the Nexus7 command.

Reactions: Hawkw1nd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We have moved support away from this thread and into the main thread at Android General. The info in the second post is accurate as of 12/3/12.

Development on the Auto-Patcher continues, I have just stopped adding Nexus 7 specific features as this device's users didn't express any interest.

If I could close the thread, I would. But if something tickles your fancy, come see us at the above link.
    The Auto-Patcher 2.4.7​
    (Bismuth)

by pastime1971 and mateorod.
    Trouble with Android 4.2? See here.

Current version and changes: Auto-Patcher 2.4.7 is out

Improvements include:
    • Pdroid for CM7, after a long battle, should finally be working
    • Internal script improvements.

Pdroid and Pdroid2.0 are incompatible and cannot be applied to the same rom!. If you are switching from one Pdroid to another, go to data/system and delete everything with privacy in the name.

The Auto-Patcher​

The Auto-Patcher is a smali patching utilty that can be used to port mods, framework changes, themes and more across ROMs and devices by patching files and outputting a flashable zip.

We hope that this tool can help developers get their work to a wider audience and help users easily try programs that may call for skills or time they don't have. In one command, you can have all the power and utility of the mods/programs listed below, with no specialized knowledge.

Supports
    • ClockworkMod and Aroma installers
    • Cyanogen [CM7, CM9, CM10] (cm)
    • AOKP (aokp)
    • AOSP (aosp)
    • ParanoidAndroid (pa)
    • Evervolv (aosp)
    • ...and many others.

We do not support system.img, Odexed roms or Sense, TouchWiz or other OEM-skinned AOSP at this time.

If you have a build environment and build for TW or Sense, consider joining the team. Additionally, Quarx's CyanogenMod roms are not currently supported. A maintainer would be welcomed for that as well.

Supported Platforms​
    The Auto-Patcher runs on Linux and MacOSX terminals. Project contributors kobik77 and wbedard have helped us add Windows support as well.

Kobik77 has developed a stand-alone GUI for Windows called ApG. The most current version of ApG can be downloaded here. Note: ApG has some trouble with some virus software. It has no elevated permissions and is demonstrably safe. Here are some anti-virus tips from long-time user Grayfoxmg1

The Available Mods

Unless there are hardcoded reasons they conflict, all of the mods below can be combined, so you could get all of the programs and tweaks in one shot. If you use other premade patches or zips, you would have to choose between them.

The Auto-Patcher is the only non-destructive way to get these enhancements, short of building your own ROM and/or applying your own changes to the code.

The name is paranthesis is the MODS for use on the command-line. See usage below if that confuses you. It isn't hard, really.

• PDroid (pdroid):
      • The one where we make our bones, PDroid is an advanced privacy app, one that allows you to deny system and user apps permissions they usually need to function. PDroid changes the information passed by permission requests instead of denying it like other apps. That means no FC's or misbehaving apps. PDroid allows you to set custom phone numbers or IMEIs as well. PDroid is only officially supported through GB. The Auto-Patcher makes it an option for ICS and Jellybean ROMs as well.
    • PDroid 2.0 (pd2.0): NEW!
      • CollegeDev's update of the core PDroid app and framework. There is a separate app you will need as well. You can get the app and read about PDroid2.0 and get the .apk here. This mod is only for Android 4.1.2+
    • V6 Supercharger (v6supercharger):
    • Insecure Boot.img (insecure):
      • This should work for just about every ROM, giving you true root shell access, enabling adb push of system files and adb remount commands. It can truly save your bacon if you are the type to play with system files and flashing. Some ROMs come with this feature already, so if this patch fails, it just means you already have one.
    • Secure boot.img (secure):
      • The opposite of the above. There are advantages to both, and what you want depends on what you do. I haven't seen any other way to secure a boot.img, with so many roms now having insecure by default.
    • Swap internal and external storage (external_internal):NEW!
      • This swaps your app storage from an sdcard to internal storage. This allows you to use all apps, even w/o an sdcard!
    • TabletUI (tabletUI):
      • Based on findings by barmullio, this allows users of the "Phablets" UI to switch from the stock phone or phablet layout to Tablet user interface. I personally like the tab interface because it allows me more regular access to the status bar. Lockscreen rotation has been enabled as well. Confirmed working on all devices!.
    NEW
    Mods for Wifi-only Tablets.
    • 3G Dongle (3gdongle):
      • This allows users of Wifi tabs to use their 3G dongles on their tablets, allowing them to have data on the go. This is a pretty involved mod, and the development is still on-going. We would like to stress that you read up at developer trevd's thread for best practices and troubleshooting. A growing list of confirmed supported dongles can be found there as well.
    • Google Voice (voice):
      • As popularized by bongostl, this allows users to use Google Voice to make outgoing calls. It changes your framework-res to recognize that the tablet is voice capable. This allows you to recieve calls as well and has other call quality advantages over things like GrooveIP.
    • OTG support- Coming SOON.

Usage

Designed to run on Linux, OSX and Windows (using Cygwin)

• The Auto-Patcher has become completely open-source, and no one has gotten more out of that than our Windows users. kobik77 and wbedard have come aboard and brought Windows support to our formerly *nix-only utility.
    • Kobik has also crafted the first Auto-Patcher GUI! Here is his post with download link and features description (including auto-update from Github!)

Requirements for execution: Java (JDK), cpio, patch

Help
    For usage and patch availability, place a rom.zip into this directory and try
    Code:
    $./auto_patcher <ROMNAME>.zip -h
    This will check our various dependancies and provide some useful information. It is not the prettiest thing in the world yet, we're working on it...

To patch a ROM
    Code:
    ./auto_patcher <[FONT="Courier New"]ROMNAME[/FONT]>.zip <[FONT="Courier New"]MODS[/FONT]>
    example:
    Code:
    ./auto_patcher cm10-encore-fat-tire.zip pdroid,tabletUI
    You can have any number of mods applied at the same time, just separate them with a comma and NO SPACES!

The only thing you may need will be a romtype. The patcher will detect and display the ROMTYPE it thinks you have. If the patches fail, just append your ROMTYPE to the end of the command. The only available ROM types are:
    • pa
    • cm
    • aosp
    • aokp
    Don't worry if your rom doesn't have a type; most roms in XDA are derivatives of one of the above, and tell you which one in their release threads.
    Code:
    ./auto_patcher pa-2.23-mateorod.zip pdroid pa

98% of the time, that is all you need to know!

If you would like to see some of our more advanced usage, please see the third post.

Debugging
    • There is never any need for any wiping or restoring of a backup! If you encounter any problems, simply reflash the generated restore.zip or your ROM over the install, preserving all data and settings!
    • In the Auto-Patcher directory you will see a logfile that is generated with each run of the program. Please attach the entire logfile in order to get the best support we can offer.

Current and past versions available at our download page on techerrata
    Download
    You can also clone from our github. See the README because there is actualy a lot extra there.

Contributors
    pastime1971
    mateorod
    kobik77 (ApG developer/cygwin maintainer)
    wbedard (cygwin/AOSP pd2.0 maintainer)

Maintainers
    FFU5y (Maintains pd2.0 AOKP)
    KickNGuitar (OSX testing)
    poncik (Evervolv maintainer)

Thanks
    eyeballer and kevank with Team Win for web hosting
    Svyat
    CollegeDev
    tonyp
    krylon360
    inportb
    chainfire (for faapt)
    zeppelinrox
    trevd
    rathian, and TheMatrix2000 (for OSX testing)
    romracer and greenblue for 4.1.2 fixes
    ninno_mx

The Auto-Patcher is a fully open-source utility, and we welcome new contributors.

If you are a developer, themer or script writer who has code-level edits you walk your users through, let us know and we can get together and create a package for you. A message to developers is here, which also touches on our donation policy.
    changelog

12.05.00. (v0.1)
    # ...........
    # 2012.05.12. (v0.2) allows user to specify a different version of patches
    # 2012.05.13. (v0.3.0) force "patch -N", remove temp upon failure, generate log output
    # 2012.05.13. (v0.3.1) revised the generation of updater-script (SGS2)
    # 2012.05.15. added AOSP patches
    # 2012.05.15. added crespo-aosp patches, added device-specific patching if patch exists
    # 2012.05.15. remove restore.zip upon failure
    # 2012.05.15. (v0.4.1) added CM7 (GB) patches
    # 2012.05.18. (v0.4.2) added checking for tool commands
    # 2012.05.21. (v0.4.3) apply device-specific patche only when it is specified
    # 2012.05.26. added task title to log
    # 2012.05.31. (v0.4.4) CM9 patches updated, crespo-aosp added
    # 2012.06.04. (v0.4.5) added checking tools and rom, added aroma installer support, add patch outputs reroute
    # 2012.06.15. CM9 patches updated
    # 2012.06.16. (v0.4.6) AOKP patches updated, patch versions restructured
    # 2012.06.17. (v0.5.0) patcher script reorganized, removed build.prop
    # 2012.06.17. (v0.6.0) auto patcher script for pdroid and v6 patches
    # 2012.06.19. (v0.6.1) add patches for CM7.2 Final
    # 2012.06.20. (v0.6.2) updated CM 7.2 patches
    # 2012.06.23. (v0.6.3) fix symlinks
    # 2012.06.26. (v0.6.4) add CM7 nightly patches (0618 or latest). Removed faulty 7.2 patches (0619)
    # 2012.06.27. (v0.6.5) added new CM9 patches (20120626)
    # 2012.06.27. (v0.6.6) added CM7 nightly patches (20120625) (finally!)
    # 2012.07.02. (v0.7.0) Redid AOSP/AOKP; add Windows support (using Cygwin). Thanks kobik77!
    # 2012.07.06. (v0.7.1) updated CM9 patches (20120706)
    # 2012.07.08. (v0.7.2) updated AOKP (20120707) and CM9 (20120708) pdroid patches
    # 2012.07.11. (v1.0.0) reworked script works on Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows (on Cygwin);
    # " " added new ICS/JellyBean support for the new V6-Supercharger
    # 2012.07.18. (v1.0.1) updated pdroid patches for CM7/CM9 (20120718)
    # 2012.08.06 (v1.5.0) updated smali/baksmali binaries to 1.33
    # 2012.08.06 Added Pdroid/V6supercharger support for CM10 Jellybean!
    # 2012.08.06. (v1.6.0) added aokp-jb patches for pdroid/v6supercharger, script update
    # 2012.08.17. (v1.9.5) Added support for pdroid_addon, by CollegeDev.
    # Added insecure boot.img mod
    # Added support for aosp-jb (This needs testing, and may not be a wide patch due to large variation between AOSP roms.)
    # -Please report all experiences!
    # Updated all v6supercharger patches w/new edits to ProcessList
    # Major script overhaul in preparation for additional mods!
    # 2012.08.20. (1.9.6) Conditional support for Official cm10 and aokp-jb builds
    # 2012.08.23. (1.9.7) Final/confirmed pdroid support for Official CM10 and AOKP-JB
    # 2012.09.04 (1.9.8) Bundled cygwin-compatible tools (original was corrupt).
    # For Cygwin, replaced h2b function with simple bash math
    # conversion (req'd for compat w/ Cygwin tools).
    # 2012.08.26. (2.0.0) Added .apk patching
    # Added 3G Dongle support for Nexus 7
    # TabletUI support for Nexus 7 (maybe more)
    # Google Voice support for Nexus 7
    # mods are 3gdongle, tabletUI, voice, or Nexus7 (for all)
    # Added provisional file copy menu to widen patching base
    # 2012.09.11. (2.0.1) Cygwin support fixes
    # 2012.09.11. (2.0.2) Bugfix for 3gdongle (all)
    # 2012.09.16. (2.1.0) Significant restructuring of core operations; added edit text file
    # Fix for "method-cap" errors in pdroid.

thanks

Okay, this isn't the fault of your rom. Your log shows that it is failing rebuilding your ramdisk. A user reported a corrupted .exe binary, but when I tried to investigate further I haven't heard back.

But since everything else appears to be working for you that may indeed be the case. Give me a minute to look and then I will put out a hotfix.

This will only affect WIndows users who are patching 3gdongle, insecire/secure and aosp-pdroid. I happen to know for a fact that the program runs fine on Cygwin, so I will checkout some new binaries and you should be okay.

Update: We have fixed the final issues with Cygwin and those selct mods. Thanks for your report, 1000+ downloads of 2.0 in the 24 hours or so and you were the one that aimed me towards the fix.

Thanks! Should be up later tonight, after I put my son to bed.

Thanks

Code:
    Nexus7