AT&T update Note 3

Search This thread

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
So I tried it and the install failed at 25%. Is it because I have my system status faked with Wanam?

Now it's saying my software is up to date (which it isn't) and it won't let me check again for 13 hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda premium

All you have to do is change your date to tomorrow in your phone settings.
Sounds like you need to go back to stock and do your update. Then use Kingo root on your new update.
Everything over here is great now. Phone is flying. (I also re-did all the xposed/winam stuff)
Good Luck MF

Reactions: WizeGuyDezignz
Still having problems

This is odd.

I read the entire thread, and did the following steps. I'm starting this process with a rooted (via RDLV) with wanam (WITHOUT fake system status checked) but I have "disable knox notifications" checked, and exposed, and I have 7 modules running.

Step 0: I received the notification update yesterday about this time (Little Rock, Arkansas...12 Nov) (POSTPONED)

1. Downloaded SU pro. (CF is the man)
2. Rebooted
3. Unchecked "Enabled Superuser"
4. Checked "Survival Mode"
5. Rebooted.
6. Checked for updates--NO UPDATE
7. Weirdness. Went to settings and moved date T+48hrs.
8. Checked for update again-NO UPDATE.

I had no idea what it was at this point. So I went BACK to my original time and went on about my day.

THREE HOURS LATER.

"At&t has a software update...blah blah blah====>Postpone

9. BACK TO SU.Pro. Uncheck Enabled SU
10. Checked Survival Mode
11. Rebooted
12. Update attempt.

Load to 27%. Crash. Fail.

I'm two minutes from saying eff this damn update. But I am one of the ones with a nuclear Note 3, and piss-poor battery usage, so I think I might need this. :crying:

Anyone knows what gives? This is annoying. :confused:

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
All you have to do is change your date to tomorrow in your phone settings.
Sounds like you need to go back to stock and do your update. Then use Kingo root on your new update.
Everything over here is great now. Phone is flying. (I also re-did all the xposed/winam stuff)
Good Luck MF

Thanks man, I appreciate. But don't you hate the Note 3? This small 27mb update made it that much better?

Serious questions, not trying to give you a hard time. :good:

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
Thanks man, I appreciate. But don't you hate the Note 3? This small 27mb update made it that much better?

Serious questions, not trying to give you a hard time. :good:

LoL. I dont hate it all the way. Just mad about At&t. The GPS. And the Cowboys loss had me a little more angry.
I kinda overreacted the other day. Then the update came out and the phone seems to be a little better. I'm about to hit the road so I can test the GPS some more. We shall see if it is better. I was reading somewhere that a lot of devices were having dropped signals. Maybe global warming or something with the satellites.?.?////....Still, go look at the T-Mobile Note 3 Development Thread and then come back here to ours. What do you think? Very disappointing. Dont know if we will ever have it unlocked. (Bootloader)

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

This is odd.

I read the entire thread, and did the following steps. I'm starting this process with a rooted (via RDLV) with wanam (WITHOUT fake system status checked) but I have "disable knox notifications" checked, and exposed, and I have 7 modules running.

Step 0: I received the notification update yesterday about this time (Little Rock, Arkansas...12 Nov) (POSTPONED)

1. Downloaded SU pro. (CF is the man)
2. Rebooted
3. Unchecked "Enabled Superuser"
4. Checked "Survival Mode"
5. Rebooted.
6. Checked for updates--NO UPDATE
7. Weirdness. Went to settings and moved date T+48hrs.
8. Checked for update again-NO UPDATE.

I had no idea what it was at this point. So I went BACK to my original time and went on about my day.

THREE HOURS LATER.

"At&t has a software update...blah blah blah====>Postpone

9. BACK TO SU.Pro. Uncheck Enabled SU
10. Checked Survival Mode
11. Rebooted
12. Update attempt.

Load to 27%. Crash. Fail.

I'm two minutes from saying eff this damn update. But I am one of the ones with a nuclear Note 3, and piss-poor battery usage, so I think I might need this. :crying:

Anyone knows what gives? This is annoying. :confused:

You need to start over (Just my opinion)
Flash back to stock with ONECLICKBIN.EXE
>>http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/10/how-to-unrootunbrick-at-galaxy-note-3.html
Then update your phone to latest update
Then download new updated Kingo Root and Root your phone.
Then Install all your xposed stuff.
Profit !!!

Last edited:

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
LoL. I dont hate it all the way. Just mad about At&t. The GPS. And the Cowboys loss had me a little more angry.
I kinda overreacted the other day. Then the update came out and the phone seems to be a little better. I'm about to hit the road so I can test the GPS some more. We shall see if it is better. I was reading somewhere that a lot of devices were having dropped signals. Maybe global warming or something with the satellites.?.?////....Still, go look at the T-Mobile Note 3 Development Thread and then come back here to ours. What do you think? Very disappointing. Dont know if we will ever have it unlocked. (Bootloader)

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

>>http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/10/how-to-unrootunbrick-at-galaxy-note-3.html
Then download new updated Kingo Root
Profit !!!

Well, I really like the Note 3. Just like the G2 I had before it, I don't feel the need for a custom ROM. I had my G2 rooted with no custom ROM installed. I just debloated it and changed some stuff myself. I think custom ROM's based on stock are often overrated. It is just someone doing the bloat removal and some customizations for you.

If we ever get a bootloader bypass and custom recovery, sure I would love that too. But I will be happy with this phone even if we don't. But I see what you mean, it is sorta depressing around here lol.

Hey, regarding starting over. I think I'm gonna do that to get this update. However, can you help me a little with Titanium if you happen to know? For example, I froze and uninstalled a bunch of apps with Titanium. Is there any way to back that up so I don't have to go through and freeze all of that stuff again? Also, how about system settings? Can I back those up so I don't have to go through all settings to make my changes again? I haven't used Titanium enough to know how to do that stuff or if you even can.

Thanks!

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
LoL. I dont hate it all the way. Just mad about At&t.
Still, go look at the T-Mobile Note 3 Development Thread and then come back here to ours. What do you think? Very disappointing. Dont know if we will ever have it unlocked. (Bootloader)

ATT Note 3 Development section :crying: Tumble weeds blowing, and crickets chirping.

It is really sad, click the ATT Note Android Development thread, and it's empty, like literally dead nothing. Then click on the ATT Note 2 Development thread, and it's jam packed pages and pages full. Of course the N2 is one year old already, but even after it was out just two months, the ATT Note 2 already had a pretty big development following. Now the ATT Note 3 is two months old, and NOTHING.

nimixes

Aug 17, 2008
Riverside california
I attempted to post pone this as long as possible, and when i was at work it randomly updated behind my Back. oh well too late, and just confirm, this does break root :\ no new features from what I can tell,

My suggestion DO NOT UPDATE, Not worth losing Root. :(

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

I attempted to post pone this as long as possible, and when i was at work it randomly updated behind my Back. oh well too late, and just confirm, this does break root :\ no new features from what I can tell,

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
Well, I really like the Note 3. Just like the G2 I had before it, I don't feel the need for a custom ROM. I had my G2 rooted with no custom ROM installed. I just debloated it and changed some stuff myself. I think custom ROM's based on stock are often overrated. It is just someone doing the bloat removal and some customizations for you.

If we ever get a bootloader bypass and custom recovery, sure I would love that too. But I will be happy with this phone even if we don't. But I see what you mean, it is sorta depressing around here lol.

Hey, regarding starting over. I think I'm gonna do that to get this update. However, can you help me a little with Titanium if you happen to know? For example, I froze and uninstalled a bunch of apps with Titanium. Is there any way to back that up so I don't have to go through and freeze all of that stuff again? Also, how about system settings? Can I back those up so I don't have to go through all settings to make my changes again? I haven't used Titanium enough to know how to do that stuff or if you even can.

Thanks!

I use Titanium Back Up for >
Freezing apps
Backing up apps

If I were you, I would go ahead and start all over. Sometimes that's the better solution.
I've never restored apps with data or settings.
I just restore apps without data.
I always re freeze the bloat.
Hope this helps. I understand you don't feel like starting over, but your phone will be better off that way.

Reactions: WizeGuyDezignz

littlewierdo

Dec 10, 2010

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Just use Kingo to re-root.

JuliskaCat

Aug 16, 2012
Woodstock
I am on RLDV and went ahead and updated by changing supersu.

Still rooted and working fine.

I do not really notice a big difference from the update. The keyboard looks different, but it does not look blue to me.

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
The keyboard is weird to me now haha, going to have to get used to it. I've noticed it's quite a bit faster though. Seems so far like a good update, except those who are rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

theorioles33

Feb 15, 2011

Then download new updated Kingo Root and Root your phone.
Profit !!!

Where is the updated Kingo Root. I am having issues finding it. Sorry and thanks!

UnluckyOnion

Nov 6, 2012
I'll be honest, I mainly troll this forum as well as others, looking for information that I need at that particular moment. Rarely, if ever, do I post a comment or reply to anything I run across. This time, however, I did feel the need to comment in regards to rooting the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using two different methods. First...I used the Vega method, which worked, but not without a lengthy set of step-specific instructions and quite a large (over 2gb) file to download. Then...AT&T sent out an OTA update which my phone decided to automatically download and install without my permission. This OTA unrooted my phone as it did to a lot of people. I jumped on here to read about this OTA and saw that several people were talking about rooting with Kingo. This piqued my interest and since I was already planning on re-rooting with Vega and set aside a block of time to do so, I went ahead and downloaded the Kingo file to give it a try and it worked....impressively well. And this is why I'm posting...Kingo was an extremely easy program to root and I didn't lose any information during the process. It was seamless. It's an easy *** user interface that gives you a hand full of instructions (ie: connect phone; click start) and does the rest for you unlike it's rival, Vega, which comes with a laundry list of steps to complete the process. I literally downloaded the file, ran it, plugged my phone in and clicked start...it was that easy. So far, so good. I just wanted to post this so that other people that may look at rooting their phone as a complicated process can know their is a much easier way to do so.

So, to sum it up...both ways can and will root your phone...but Kingo was a breeze.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to let you know!

I'll be honest, I mainly troll this forum as well as others, looking for information that I need at that particular moment. Rarely, if ever, do I post a comment or reply to anything I run across. This time, however, I did feel the need to comment in regards to rooting the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using two different methods. First...I used the Vega method, which worked, but not without a lengthy set of step-specific instructions and quite a large (over 2gb) file to download. Then...AT&T sent out an OTA update which my phone decided to automatically download and install without my permission. This OTA unrooted my phone as it did to a lot of people. I jumped on here to read about this OTA and saw that several people were talking about rooting with Kingo. This piqued my interest and since I was already planning on re-rooting with Vega and set aside a block of time to do so, I went ahead and downloaded the Kingo file to give it a try and it worked....impressively well. And this is why I'm posting...Kingo was an extremely easy program to root and I didn't lose any information during the process. It was seamless. It's an easy *** user interface that gives you a hand full of instructions (ie: connect phone; click start) and does the rest for you unlike it's rival, Vega, which comes with a laundry list of steps to complete the process. I literally downloaded the file, ran it, plugged my phone in and clicked start...it was that easy. So far, so good. I just wanted to post this so that other people that may look at rooting their phone as a complicated process can know their is a much easier way to do so.

So, to sum it up...both ways can and will root your phone...but Kingo was a breeze.
    Here's what I did...

1. Unfroze AT&T Software Update using TiBU.
    2. Enable Survival Mode. Disable Super Su.
    3. Settings > General > About > Update.
    4. Updated. Rebooted.
    5. Enable Super Su. Disable Survival Mode.
    6. Refreeze AT&T Software Update using TiBU.
    6. Done.
    Since this is the first thread on the subject, lets make it an organized one with useful info please so people don't make 1000 threads about it making it difficult for those of us who haven't updated yet to stay on top of it.

What we've learned so far:

1. It (probably) breaks root
    2. not much else as far as improvements/changes
    Going to attempt to get this.. Btw what do you mean by enable Unroot?

nyteruhu.jpg

9yzyvata.jpg

Sent from my Post-it-Note 3