Please help .might really be bricked

Search This thread
I unlocked and installed twrp and 4.4.3 gpe rom on an att m8. Then tried to update to 4.4.4 and my phone went into bootloop. I booted to bootloader and now its a black screen and hboot 3.18.0.0000. Now when I try to load recovery , the twrp image comes up blinks a couple times and goes into boot loop. I've tried reflashing recovery but it doesn't seem to help.

I cant seem to get anything to work. All I can do is play around with the bootloader and fastboot

help please

this is my getvar all

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.18.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.16.21331931.LA11G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul_ca
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B12000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 6e0f5a3d
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
First of all delete your serial and IMEI asap. And try this fastboot command :

Fastboot erase cache

Then enter the recovery

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Failed remote not allowed is in most cases an indication that the bootloader is locked/relocked

amirsardari

Dec 30, 2009
Minsk
First unlock your phone . Download a compatible kernel for your att m8 4.4.x.
Extract kernel.zip and flash boot.img with adb in fastboot.

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
I'm thinking without s-off, having a 3.18 hboot and cws__001 cid this phone is going in the garbage today
If cwm Philz is working take another Rom and flash it...what's the problem? Or all recoveries are broken? There are also complete stock Roms take one of them root it and s-off...if Firewater doesn't work use sunshine, it's really worth it to pay 25$ if you say that phone is going into garbage...means you want to buy another one...except try to s-off it and yea...also if you want to update the Rom via official ota you need always the stock recovery otherwise it will never work...

If cwm Philz is working take another Rom and flash it...what's the problem? Or all recoveries are broken? There are also complete stock Roms take one of them root it and s-off...if Firewater doesn't work use sunshine, it's really worth it to pay 25$ if you say that phone is going into garbage...means you want to buy another one...except try to s-off it and yea...also if you want to update the Rom via official ota you need always the stock recovery otherwise it will never work...

philz works for 8 seconds then bootloops and twrp just blinks then bootloops. I cant flash any rom so their is no chance of firewater or sunshine. thanks for the 25$ offer but I think ill call htc and pay to have the motherboard replaced or just smash it to pieces and buy another phone.

Is their any way of changing the cid without s-off? I think I remember getting supercid on the m7 without s-off

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
philz works for 8 seconds then bootloops and twrp just blinks then bootloops. I cant flash any rom so their is no chance of firewater or sunshine. thanks for the 25$ offer but I think ill call htc and pay to have the motherboard replaced or just smash it to pieces and buy another phone.

Is their any way of changing the cid without s-off? I think I remember getting supercid on the m7 without s-off
No other way...but you can try something.....I think there are different twrp or Philz images because of the different variants of the phone...so try to get the real one for your device..maybe that should be the problem...if not try fastboot erase cache ..but I think it's more because of the wrong image..
All those things are user issues so no need to bash HTC or the phone because you are doing things wrong

No other way...but you can try something.....I think there are different twrp or Philz images because of the different variants of the phone...so try to get the real one for your device..maybe that should be the problem...if not try fastboot erase cache ..but I think it's more because of the wrong image..
All those things are user issues so no need to bash HTC or the phone because you are doing things wrong

I 100% agree with you that it is completely my fault and not HTC. Im not bashing HTC at all, I'm going to buy another m8. Smashing would just make me happy after spending 9 hours so far trying every possibility over and over.

It is totally bricked though. I had another m8 before this phone and upgraded the same way but it was s-off and I didn't have this problem. Firewater didn't work on this phone. The problem is that something is corrupted and their is no correct ruu for 3.18 hboot with CWS__001.