[Q] What ROM would you like me to compile?

Search This thread

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
Hey if no carbon, no biggie. All work is much appreciated!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

I just bought a Shield tab from Newegg. As soon as it arrives i'd be willing to do testing. Also I didn't see anyone suggest either of these but Carbon Rom or Slim Rom would be great as both of these are excellent light weight roms.

Edit: Newegg is the only place on the web atm that sells at regular pirce. Everywhere else the price is higher, Newegg also is sold out so I cancelled the backorder and got it from Nvidia directly.

Sent from my KFTHWI

Carbon ROM is now compiled: see this thread.

Reactions: Wulfpk

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
How about CM11 would love to run some klearkat on this thing¿

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Free mobile app

I maintain cm-11 so if it's really wanted I would build it. I planned on pushing for official support this weekend , but got wrapped up in school , life ,etc. If you really want it I can send you a build tomorrow if it's all good we can release it.

Reactions: ShrekOpher

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
I just bought a Shield tab from Newegg. As soon as it arrives i'd be willing to do testing. Also I didn't see anyone suggest either of these but Carbon Rom or Slim Rom would be great as both of these are excellent light weight roms.

Edit: Newegg is the only place on the web atm that sells at regular pirce. Everywhere else the price is higher, Newegg also is sold out so I cancelled the backorder and got it from Nvidia directly.

Sent from my KFTHWI

Carbon ROM now works

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
Doesn't flashing a custom rom mean that I'll loose all the Nvidia features and app ?

If so, I think kernel work should be more important in order to improve the experience, as Nvidia is already AOSP enough. Xposed Framework will do the rest...

markymark567

Nov 18, 2012
Doesn't flashing a custom rom mean that I'll loose all the Nvidia features and app ?

If so, I think kernel work should be more important in order to improve the experience, as Nvidia is already AOSP enough. Xposed Framework will do the rest...

Yes currently they cannot get the nvidia apps to work except I think shield hub. But I would love to see an optimized stock rom or a linaro built stock rom. I don't think all the source code is out yet though

Keithn

Feb 24, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yes currently they cannot get the nvidia apps to work except I think shield hub. But I would love to see an optimized stock rom or a linaro built stock rom. I don't think all the source code is out yet though

Nvidia released source, but it compiles AOSP without the extras. A ton of apps will need to be ported(if possible) from nvidia's images/OTAs to ever see it in another rom.

sezamer66

Sep 27, 2014
Laton, CA
Hello,

I would like to build some ROM's for the Sheild Tablet. I do not own a Shield Tablet but would like to contribute anyway.

Please tell me what roms you would like me to build from source. CM, AOKP, Liquid Smooth, AICP, etc. I will try to build at least one of these more if I have the time.

Edit: You can now test my build of AICP for the Shield Tablet here

It'd be super dope if you can compile LiquidSmooth w/ an OC Kernel that'll let us SHIELD owners overclock to, like, 2.8GHz. That damn Tegra K1 would haul ass! Maybe some GPU OCing support would be nice too!!!

teemunknee

Sep 8, 2012
Denver, CO
My personal favorite ROMs to use are AICP and Slim. For nostalgia's sake, I'd love to see someone continue the Sorcery line of ROMs. It was my favorite to use on my Galaxy Nexus, mainly because of the a la cart additions for their proprietary add-ons as well as other helpful features, much like the Xposed depository. Unfortunately, they discontinued their development well before KitKat.

Although, any ROM I flash would need to include LTE and controller support. It's an absolute necessity for me. However, I understand that's a lot to ask.. As far as I know, I don't think the device tree has been released for the LTE version, so I'm not going to be holding my breath.

Truth be told, what I would appreciate most of all is a custom kernel that would allow me to undervolt and allow for discrete CPU frequencies that aren't linked to each other. The stock kernel only allows for the minimum and the maximum frequencies to be the same, so I can never get very good deep sleep/screen off battery life since the processor is always running at least 2 cores at 1500mhz.

I do appreciate the offer and it's people like you that remind me how great this community, and the Android community in general, truly is.

-Travis

Top Liked Posts