[Q] help syncing my google account on rooted evo w/ gingerbread

Search This thread

cjbowman0424

Dec 5, 2007
Hey everyone, sorry if I'm starting a thread in the wrong place. I've had a look around the site and can't find any relevant threads yet.

So long story short, rooted my evo 4g, worked fine. I wanted a little more out of it so i threw on the newest gingerbread build from cyanogenmod 7.

Needless to say, AWESOME.

So far everything I have played with that came with the build works although....

I cannot figure out how to sync the phone with my google market account or re-sync my contacts with my phone.

I did a full Nand backup twice right before performing the upgrades but i don't think it saved my contacts. I didn't bother saving my contacts another way because i thought i could just re-sync them with the google account but can't find any of this on this build.

Any pointers in resyncing all my contacts would be great as I would really like to have my evo sync up like before. Thanks ahead of time.

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
a) how did you post in the dev forum with no former posts? i thought they changed the rules...

b) you're right, wrong forum

c) you obviously knew you were in the wrong forum, because your first line apologizes for it, so i'm confused why you did it anyway...

d) maybe you didn't put google apps (gapps, which can be found here ) on your phone. that's why you haven't synced. cyanogen mod doesn't come with google apps .

Last edited:
S

sirmx

a) how did you post in the dev forum with no former posts? i thought they changed the rules...

b) you're right, wrong forum

c) you obviously knew you were in the wrong forum, because your first line apologizes for it, so i'm confused why you did it anyway...

d) maybe you didn't put google apps (gapps, which can be found here ) on your phone. that's why you haven't synced. cyanogen mod doesn't come with google apps .

a) signed up before the rule went into place.
b) %100 correct
c) see b)
d) nice of you to at least help. More than I would have done. ;)

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Did you try Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> [Your Google Account] -> Sync Contacts (check)?

Also to sync your Market account would be under Settings -> Privacy, but it's suggested you leave it off because it causes high CPU usage/wakelocks, unless that's been fixed.