[Q&A] Uspl + Rom Upgrade + Tips&Tricks

Search This thread

uros2002

Feb 13, 2008
I read post 22
But I do not know how to do it.

I took yourdata.zip
But how do I find on my HTC CID and GSM?
How to do back up CID and GSM data with itutils tool?
As far as I understand it has to do in CMD
But I do not know how it works.

Can someone explain to me or even better post a picture with complete procedures.

Please.

Sory.

If I now understand how to
Uncompress with WINRAR yourdata
HTC connect with PC
Run Beckup.bat
Get GSM and CID
Equine them in a folder
From post 22 follow the link and download yourdata which includes GSM and CID
copied them into a folder and run RESTORE.BAT
and that's it

hUI74.gif

01/05/2011 19:30

I managed
Thank you all for helping
Especially
raving_nanza
Much you helped me and solved all robleme on my HTC P3300

I do not know how to thank you
thanks
raving_nanza
You're best

thanks.gif

Last edited:

uros2002

Feb 13, 2008
Can anyone help me on HTC P3300

How to pick up speed with 201MHz processor (overclock)

Do you need a program for overclocking?
I think I read that a "battery status"
Can anyone needed to hang a program for overclocking HTC P3300.

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009

ive never tried overclocking the p3300.

start a thread in the p3300 general section? - [Q] overclocking artemis/p3300?

Rn

Feb 23, 2011
Bacoor, Cavite
guys i need your help, can any one post a link or better yet guide me in solving my m700 problem. Unit seems to be bricked, however i never flashed any cooked rom.. what i did was just uspl it. phone doesnt have power, i was planning to boot it using mitty and ruu however my pc doesnt recognize it (winmo device center) wont load. One time i open it and the screen was just green, theres this 1 time as well it went to bootload move (tri color) but it was still not responding, still wont sync. what appears on the screen is IPL 1.20 and SPL 1.20. I tried to hard restart it but nothing happens.. hope u can help me guys... thanks!!!!

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009
Fish_with_feet this is the wrong thread. (this is for HTC ARTEMIS)

*) i dont know what damage you have done to your device by using this uspl (that is not for your device)
but if you can get your device into bootloader, you have a chance of bringing it back to life.

**)any questions, go here

but... this is what you will need to do:

1) go here and find your original/official/ship rom, you can identify it by the spl/ipl=1.20

2) put your device into bootloader (Push and hold the Camera and Power buttons on the side, then reset with stylus.)

3) flash the original/official/ship rom

4) download the uspl for HTC TRINITY!

Rn

SuperKeeper

Aug 31, 2007
Remember me!? Haha...

Just wanted to let you know that..it worked! Finally! Just thought I'd try it tonight because my phone was giving me more headaches than usual so I just had to put a new ROM on. I can't say how I did it because I honestly don't have the foggiest but yeah baby! Made my day! LOL

Feb 23, 2011
Bacoor, Cavite
Fish_with_feet this is the wrong thread. (this is for HTC ARTEMIS)

*) i dont know what damage you have done to your device by using this uspl (that is not for your device)
but if you can get your device into bootloader, you have a chance of bringing it back to life.

**)any questions, go here

but... this is what you will need to do:

1) go here and find your original/official/ship rom, you can identify it by the spl/ipl=1.20

2) put your device into bootloader (Push and hold the Camera and Power buttons on the side, then reset with stylus.)

3) flash the original/official/ship rom

4) download the uspl for HTC TRINITY!

Rn

* thanks sir, but isnt dopod m700 same as htc love/arte?

Last edited:

Warrior--

Oct 29, 2007
Esfahan
Hi everyone,

I was gonna do the first step but I don't know why it constantly shows me the error No. 260 indicating my phone is not connected to my laptop!!
I install those two packages first and then I go for start_uspl.exe.
Till here, everything is fine. Now the phone is waiting for the next level and its screen is full-white. I wait until Windows 7 recognizes my device as "PocketPC USB Sync". and then I click on next.
While the verification progress is on, it suddenly stops and shows me the error No. 260, but still my device is connected to my PC and Windows doesn't indicate an error about any disconnectivity!

Please help me guys :(

Warrior--

Oct 29, 2007
Esfahan
Hi again,

I tried to do the USPL process using my VM Machine running a Windows XP SP 3.
Before and on Windows 7 after reaching to 100% on command prompt and clicking on two next buttons, the screen went fully white and soon the error No. 260 appeared but now and on Windows XP a penguin appears and there is an error on the screen which is:
Unable to create preloader mapping.
Fatal: Cannot allocate a contiguous physical memory area.

And on my Windows XP screen the Error No. 260 appeared. I ran the USPL process again using XP and this time error No. 224 appeared.
I tried it again using XP and firewall off. Error No. 260 again :(

btw, what's CID Unlock?
How can I download and do it?
Is it mandatory to install that unverified driver? because I haven't used it yet due to the risks there were mentioned.

Thanks

Last edited:

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009
CID unlock is what your trying to do..

ERROR [224] : DEVICE NOT RESPONDING
check the ActiveSync connection and run RUU again. if problem continues, uninstall active sync and re-install.

*if micro Sd is inserted TAKE OUT.

***No. 260 appeared but now and on Windows XP a penguin appears***
penguin is supposed to happen, but after penguin its complete and youl never have to do it again, some people do have trouble doing this, just keep retrying..
if it does not work, start again from (2) here
if it has worked your uspl will be 1.11.cmon

*unsure about driver, never needed it to do mine, use at own risk or as last resort.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warrior--

jeffboon97

Mar 17, 2012
Hey Pro!I Need Help..I Have A Dopod M700 Which Called HTC Love.I Try To Update/Upgrade A New ROM..But then i have alot of problem.Then i realize i need to use USPL before installing new ROM.so i downloaded the USPL and run the app.and here comes the problem!i got a 64 bit Window 7! Is there a 64 bit version!?!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -UNDER CONSTRUCTION-

If you have any questions about this device, or if you have any suggestions for this thread, either Private Message me or post a reply.
    Your questions will be answered and your suggestions may be added to this thread

just click the links for the tutorials you want to view, simple :)

1a) USPL - unlocks the p3300. *1.11.cmon* (created by pof)

1b) USPL ERRORS - list of know error codes.

2) ACTIVESYNC/WMDC - download and tutorial to get windows mobile device centre working on windows 7.

3) BOOTLOADER - manually put your device into bootloader.

4) MTTY - another way to put you p3300 into bootloader via pc.

5) ORIGINAL/SHIP ROMs - recomended if your device is STUCK IN BOOTLOADER or if USPL FAIL

6) CUSTOM/COOKED ROMS - roms made by xda members. (1a) USPL before flashing ANY cooked/custom roms!)

7) PAGE POOL - how to change the page pool which uses rom as ram. (4-6mb recomended)

8) VIEW CONTENTS OF ROM - view and understand the contents of ROM

9) GOLDCARD/FLASH FROM MICRO SD - how to make goldcards and how to flash a rom via micro sd

10) HARD RESET - how to do a manual hard reset
    TO VIEW AND EDIT/EXTRACT THE CONTENTS OF A .NBH ROM FILE USE HTCRIE (HTC ROM IMAGE EDITOR)

download HTCRIE

this displays the contents of a rom, eg:

1) a whole rom is a .NBH file, a rom has parts, which are .NB files

picture.php

*IPL
    *SPL
    *GSM/RADIO
    *SPLASH
    *EXTENDED ROM
    *OS

usually when you download a custom rom, you only get the OS.nb inside the full .NBH

download GSM/RADIO.nb
    ciubi said:
    I upgraded to 3.34.90 radio version and I am somehow disappointed.
    I have noticed that you have used a previous version - is that better?
    * the radio rom does boost the signal but it depends on where you are located.
    * a newer version of the radio rom doesnt exactly meen its better, so an older radio rom could be better than a newer version.
    * for me i had better signal quality with an older version.

download EXTENDED ROM.nb
    open Extended Rom.nb with HTCRIE (or add Extended Rom.nb to a .NBH)
    now edit the config.txt and add your own .Cabs

Example
    LOCK:Enabled
    CAB: \Extended_ROM\Cab Name.cab
    LOCK: Disabled
    RST: Reset

SPLASH.nb is the startup image on device boot.
    *dont get these mixed up with the WELCOMEHEAD.PNG or the ANIMATED.GIF also at startup.
    SPLASH.nb is first image to be displayed (the image with the Red numbers and letters).
    download (3 splash screnes)

OR TO MAKE YOUR OWN SPLASH.NB

download

1) Run the HTC Splash Tool
    2) as soon as the "screen" changes image to the the the white HTC logo, click the "screen"
    newacdsee90bmpimageg.png

3) a window now opens, select the image you want to use as your splash
    4) click the "trackball" on the HTC Splash Tool
    * this will save it as a Splash.NB

TO FLASH A ROM BY MICRO SD AND HOW TO MAKE A GOLDCARD

1) format the micro sd card to fat32
    2) put your .NBH on the storage card
    3) rename the .NBH to ARTEIMG.NBH
    4) put device into BOOTLOADER
    5) when the device asks, press the green call button to flash.

GOLD CARD is just the correct original rom on your micro sd and flashed via bootloader.

to be totaly honest dude, i had a little trouble doing my uspl for the artemis - back when my artemis was my favourate toy :) anyway, the device finaly decided to do the uspl after almost giving up all hope of it working, which is why i made this thread to help other members do their uspl.. the good thing is that once the uspl is done, you dont need to worry about it ever again, its perminant. just keep trying dude, trust me ;)

raving_nanza said:
    lol :p all working now?
    jcsy said:
    100% confirm.. yes all working now.. flashed 1.11 cmon, Andrew 82 ROM, fast as hell... special thank's to you raving_nanza for all help's!
    sharky6606 said:
    Worked a treat, saved my bacon.
    MOHAMMAD WM said:
    in our forum a person tested it and report it to me and worked

if you still cant do the uspl, you can send me your device and ill do the uspl for you, once its done ill then send it back to you, risky business i know because im basicly a stranger on the internet but im totaly trustworthy dude, im sure other members will say so too.. however if you decide to get a new device i suggest the htc blackstone (touch hd). since switching from my artemis to this device, its totaly changed my whole windows mobile experience = :D

ive had my artemis about 3 years -ish, sadly it died a few months ago but its not exactly totaly dead yet, however i do know how to fix it, i just cba :) lol when i get time ill probably fix it and use it for a spare, theres a good possibility ill build a rom for it :D

ill never defect to the dark side (LOL :D:D) android or apple.. since i started using windows mobile iv always used wm 6.1, none of that 6.5 crap, i think 6.5 its slow, it reminds me of vista way too much, raping ram etc..

Rn

put your device into bootloader, what the red numbers and letters?

i know you have uploaded a pic, but just to be sure so i can search for the exact one you need.

Rn