Feel the speed!--TouchPal Keyboard V5 Beta Feedback and Features Scouting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TouchPal

Jul 14, 2011
No sliding input on SwiftKey is crappy?
No smarter prediction while using Swype is insanely annoying?
Ugly and corny user interface is so boring?

Now we’re excited to bring you a Brand New TouchPal Keyboard V5

• Brand new user interfaces
  • Brand new TouchPal Curve
  • Brand new contextual prediction

image.png

This is a valuable and rewarding opportunity for TouchPal fans & followers!

Thank you for your testing application and kindly feedback, the beta test is closed! And Now we are launching another post for you to join: TouchPal Keybaord V5 10 Days Highlight Features Scouting: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32867045#post32867045 The prizes is for you!

Although the beta test is over, we are also welcome your kindly feedback.

**Feedback **
The main goal of having beta testing is to collect valuable feedback. Your feedback is important to us! To submit your feedback, please email to beta@cootek.com

Expected email format:

1.Title:TouchPal Keyboard V5 beta feedback
2.Content:
1)Bugs(To report any issue or error, please kindly provide a detailed description of reproducible steps)
2)Ideas(Welcome any feedback you may have regarding improvements)
3.Device information(Android system/Device model)

Thanks in advance for all great feedback on our product! We will listen to your feedback and keep improving!

TouchPal official website: www.touchpal.com
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/touchpal
Facebook: TouchPal

Last edited:

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
Sounds good :) I've been using Swype beta for the last 18 months or so - sliding to type is definitely the way froward on a virtual keyboard, but Swype has its limitations, especially the latest beta. Also bought SlidIt some time back, but found it was really inaccurate.

So from TouchPal, I'd be looking for accurate prediction (I type 50-50 between English and Spanish, and Swype renders "Hola" as Hilda, has difficulty with "OK"...), easy language switching, custom language dictionary (per language), easy navigation between letters, numbers and symbols.

I'm also fascinated by the idea of contextual prediction, and only sliding half a long word.

iKarido

Apr 27, 2011
Can't wait to try out the new beta! This is some good news

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Teio

Sep 27, 2009
London
I really love SwiftKey (which is my main keyboard btw), and also love Swype.

I find myself hanging between those two from time to time, and always thought that someone should create a keyboard like Swype with the predictions from SwiftKey.

Then I came across this thread and was like, WOW! This is exactly what I was waiting for...

Looks like you read my mind...

I can't wait to try it, and maybe (probably) ditch Swype and SwiftKey for good, and have only one keyboard installed.

I wish to see simultaneous dual language modes just like SwiftKey does, and it's flawless, combined with sliding from Swype.

Maybe learning from Facebook, Gmail, Twitter and SMSes, that would be the ultimate keyboard for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

mybeautify

Oct 4, 2007
Perfect for both prediction and sliding input

TouchPal is wonderful. Definitely should try it out.

Hell-Intimidator

Jul 2, 2011
Applied through email. Now, I'm curious how will this work compare to SwiftKey or Swipe on my RAZR M.

Sent from my XT907

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
Have been using touchpal since the winmo days. Lol was the best keyboard for my athena device.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

tristan202

Nov 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Any new languages supported? To be specific, I want to know if Danish has been added? Tried out touchpal on several occasions, and really like it. I just miss the Danish dictionary. However I would still like to testdrive this new beta.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Sounds very promising. Time will tell. Beta request email sent. Thanks guys.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

chrisrj28

Apr 26, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Yeah I'm just using the Sense keyboard with HTC trace for now, used to use swype but I don't really like how the keyboard looks.

Slideit is nice and has a lot of good options but it is slow as hell, looking forward to something new.

First and foremost a resizing option for the keyboard would be cool, liked that on slideit

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

ggs2

Jan 2, 2012
Wish it didn't force me to switch to non Swype mode in web address and temporarily disable auto spacing with single button or slide like Swype allows by doing from space to back space

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No sliding input on SwiftKey is crappy?
    No smarter prediction while using Swype is insanely annoying?
    Ugly and corny user interface is so boring?

Now we’re excited to bring you a Brand New TouchPal Keyboard V5

• Brand new user interfaces
    • Brand new TouchPal Curve
    • Brand new contextual prediction

image.png

This is a valuable and rewarding opportunity for TouchPal fans & followers!

Thank you for your testing application and kindly feedback, the beta test is closed! And Now we are launching another post for you to join: TouchPal Keybaord V5 10 Days Highlight Features Scouting: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32867045#post32867045 The prizes is for you!

Although the beta test is over, we are also welcome your kindly feedback.

**Feedback **
    The main goal of having beta testing is to collect valuable feedback. Your feedback is important to us! To submit your feedback, please email to beta@cootek.com

Expected email format:

1.Title:TouchPal Keyboard V5 beta feedback
    2.Content:
    1)Bugs(To report any issue or error, please kindly provide a detailed description of reproducible steps)
    2)Ideas(Welcome any feedback you may have regarding improvements)
    3.Device information(Android system/Device model)

Thanks in advance for all great feedback on our product! We will listen to your feedback and keep improving!

TouchPal official website: www.touchpal.com
    Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/touchpal
    Facebook: TouchPal
    we shall give feedback via mail?!?
    Greets

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app

Trust me, they don't give a damn about feedback. I've been beta testing this keyboard which is great by the way, for a long time. And I have never ever gotten any response what so ever from the devs from the numerous emails that I've send them.
    This keyboard although great is a typical Chinese build app. Lots of potential but support is non existent.
    So if you test this keyboard then take it as it is and don't think about it.
    Beta test is nothing but free advertisement for them. It has nothing to do with testing and getting feedback at all.
    Even in this thread you will notice the devs haven't a single time replied to any user giving feedback to keyboard. But if you say keyboard is the best keyboard in the world they will be right in and quote the user saying thanks and bump the thread.
    I don't like the font it's not very easy to read. If there were other font styles I may use it more.
    TouchPal keyboard is probably one of my best picks from google play. I am using it for many months on my streak 5 and find this keyboard very easy to use. Will be happy to test new version.

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium

Thank you for the support, and we are continiously sending out the email to all of you.
    Sounds good :) I've been using Swype beta for the last 18 months or so - sliding to type is definitely the way froward on a virtual keyboard, but Swype has its limitations, especially the latest beta. Also bought SlidIt some time back, but found it was really inaccurate.

So from TouchPal, I'd be looking for accurate prediction (I type 50-50 between English and Spanish, and Swype renders "Hola" as Hilda, has difficulty with "OK"...), easy language switching, custom language dictionary (per language), easy navigation between letters, numbers and symbols.

I'm also fascinated by the idea of contextual prediction, and only sliding half a long word.