[Script] AAHK2 - Root, Debrand, SIM Unlock, S-OFF, SuperCID & Custom Recovery

Search This thread

dave2067uk

Feb 19, 2011
Hi ive done all this worked great unlocked but the only problem is i have no sound anyone know what went wrong or how i can sort it out.
thanks dave

T3sla

Jan 14, 2012
Thessaloniki
This script worked flawlessly for me.I am quite an advanced user when it comes on modifying my Xperia mini but i found it quite complicated doing the same on my girlfriend's DHD.On Xperia's you only have to unlock the bootloader and then you're free to go.But on HTC's there are many more parameters.So big thanx !!!
One question : Although i debranded i still see the T-mobile logo when it boots up.Is that normal or did i failed to debrand it?

Wormer

Sep 27, 2013
Need clarification

Dear... everyone,

First of all:
- I've checked the HBOOT screen and on top of the phone model was no lock status, which suits the guide's "without lock status".
- I run original, non rooted system, and did a system restore before using the tool just to be sure
- I was prompted to do a downgrade, which went through.
- After setting up all the requirements (USB debugging, charge only) i've used the tool again....

Now to the troubling part, it scanned for "exploits", started flashing and got stuck on the <waiting for device> message for the last 5 hours... :(.

The phone shows HTC logo in white (not the loading screen with the green writing).

Any suggestions :(?

P.S.
The log from the cmd is in the attachment (can't post due to new user limitation)

---- Update ----
I squeezed my "prunes" tight and disconnected the device and killed the script. Surprisingly enough, the phone started like nothing ever happened.
I've started the script again and despite showing all sorts of errors I had no knowledge of, the process ended in an unlocked device :).

First of all: thanks to Phiber2000 and 3498BoyZ! *thumbs up*

Second: most of these rooting guides require original rom/recovery/bootloader... once I've rooted and will be trying non-original roms, will I put myself in danger regarding any future rooting? Will I ever need to re-root the device (I understand this might be covered on the forum but I don't even know what to look for with this type of question)?

Third: 3498BoyZ, in your second post you state that one of the possible steps after rooting is to update the recovery. What does that mean? Update the OS version of whatever I'll return to in the future if I should choose to "factory reset" in the future? Does it have any implication on the rooting process done?

Thanks again for your contribution and for your patience :).

Attachments

• 1.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

3498BoyZ

May 20, 2013
So u have unlocked the bootloader ?

Unlocked devices via HTCdev need to be prepared via Option 'h' in main menu.
This will do the downgrade too.

Wormer

Sep 27, 2013
Indeed I did, sir :)

So u have unlocked the bootloader ?

Yes! :)

What I wanted to clarify anyway:
- What did you mean by "Updating recovery" in the follow-up to the OP? (Updating the recovery image or the recovery program?)
- At the end of the rooting process, Phiber2000 (or both of you :)) recommend to flash the latest HTC rom. I was wondering: once I flash any custom rom on top of it in the future, doesn't it overwrite everything?

Thanks again you guys :)!:good:

3498BoyZ

May 20, 2013
Sorry Iam not a dev and I mean to update recovery image and sorry I don't know if you Will Flash a new if the data will be overwritten or not but its good when u install the HTC Rom from phiber

HTC ONE X

paxian

Sep 29, 2013
Running aahk2

As you can see I am new to this forum and a total noob at rooting a device. So I thought this script would be very useful. Even using this script I am not able to start the rooting process.

Running aahk2 as admin I get the following message:

Phone not plugged in

or

Driver not installed

or

USB debugging not enabled.

I am pretty sure I did all of the above though:

I installed the driver on my win 8 pc. My phone is connected through a USB 2 port on the back of my pc and I enabled USB debugging on my DHD.

As I asume I might be missing something obvious I would be more than thankful if somebody could point out what I am missing or if someone could help me troubleshoot to get aahk2 running.

Thanks in advance.

3498BoyZ

May 20, 2013
Maybe you reinstall the driver or u just try it on a Win7 computer

HTC ONE X

Last edited:

mitsucats

Dec 23, 2009
Hallo

Before i start to flash anything.

I have already my Phone S-off and custom rom on my phone but i was thinking to flash a new radio version
but i have the whole day read on the net that i need to have ENG S-OFF and not only S-OFF

Is this correct ?

Can this Script make ENG S-OFF or only S-OFF ?

mitsucats

Dec 23, 2009
If you're allready S-OFF, in most cases it should be enough to follow the steps "How do I install after successfully rooting the latest ROM from HTC?..." as you can find in OP.

Greetings
Phiber

To understand this i need to install the last HTC original rom to get the new radio version and then can i make my old custom rom on the Phone

Phiber2000

May 23, 2010
To understand this i need to install the last HTC original rom to get the new radio version and then can i make my old custom rom on the Phone
Yes and No - I modded this special image to give S-OFF-Devices like yours ability to get ENG S-OFF and keep Root and Custom-Recovery easily. It's not a standard HTC image but it contains parts of it.

Phiber

mitsucats

Dec 23, 2009
Yes and No - I modded this special image to give S-OFF-Devices like yours ability to get ENG S-OFF and keep Root and Custom-Recovery easily. It's not a standard HTC image but it contains parts of it.

Phiber

Okay now i think i get it.

That will say that i dont need to use the AAHK2 script but just need to flash the HTC Custom rom like
you have descripe just here ?

How do I install after successfully rooting the latest ROM from HTC? (This also fixes problems with GPS on custom ROMs!)
-Unzip the "RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1_Radio_12.65. 6 0.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_225512_rooted.zip"
-Copy the "PD98IMG.zip" as a single file on the SD card
-Start HBOOT loader and wait few seconds
-Confirm query with "Volume Up"
-After successfully flashing confirm the query with "Power"
-Remove the SD card
-Let android boot
-Insert SD card
-Delete the "PD98IMG.zip" from the SD card

Then i will have the new radio on and then i just need to install that custom rom i want ?

Only a question. is there not a faster download link because i dont have premium account

Phiber2000

May 23, 2010
That will say that i dont need to use the AAHK2 script but just need to flash the HTC Custom rom like you have descripe just here ?
Yes. (Maybe SuperCID "11111111" is needed too, never tried it - but it won't start flashing, so nothing wrong will happen if that requirement would fit.)
Then i will have the new radio on and then i just need to install that custom rom i want ?
Exactly!

Phiber

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cooltext1119380987ptyls.png

For HTCDEV unlocked devices :
    As you know, the AAHK has expired and is no longer being developed by the author and there is no official support more!
    For this reason, there is now Phiber's 2000 AAHK2, which has already grown according to your wishes and will continue to grow.
    The original script was adapted, bugs were fixed, and unnecessary things were removed and slightly the HBOOT was modified.This should also work with Unlocked DHDs by HTCDEV.
    Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if  you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The Requirements:
    -PC with Windows XP, Windows 7 or (Windows 8)
    -Charged battery at least 75%
    -Original HTC USB Cable
    -Make sure that the USB cable and the USB port of your phone and PC are in order (loose contact)
    -Use USB2.0 port on the back of a PC ( Don't use an USB 3.0 port or USB Hub )
    -If you use a laptop please charge the battery and use the Charger.
    - original ROM
    Original boot image ( this is not the HBOOT)
    original Recovery
    Formatted SD card (AFAT32 4KB sector size)from one of the following brands:
    Samsung
    SanDisk
    Patriot Memory
    ADATA

CAUTION: If you use an incompatible SD card, the HBOOT will not working. Android also now no longer boots. This fix is expensive and risky!
    Among others the following brands lead to a soft-brick: Agfa, Hama, Trascend, No Name

-Enable USB-DEBUGGING : Settings » Applications » Development » USB debugging
    -Connection Type "Charge Only": Settings » Connect to PC » Default connection type » Charge only
    -HBoot-Status: *** LOCKED *** or *** LOCKED (OOW) *** or *** RELOCKED *** , or without lock status displayed
    When the mode of the bootloader is "ENG S-OFF", the LOCK status does NOT play a role!

Instructions:
    Install HTC Drivers v4.0.1.001
    Extrackt AAHK2
    Start The script with Administrator Rights (aahk2.cmd)
    In the main menu "1" and confirm.
    Follow the instructions on the PC strictly.
    If a downgrade was necessary, the procedure must be repeated. (If you dont know you have to downgrade or not, use the script it will tell you if you need it or not)
    Flash the current, (modified by Phiber2000) HTC image to prevent later problems with GPS/WiFi and sound (see FAQ).
    Optional: Finally, copy a Custom ROM on the SD card and flash in recovery.
    Downloads:

HTC Driver v4.0.1.001(only if you had'nt installed already driver)
    AAHK2 v2.15 - Mirror
    HTC WWE 3.12.405.1 with ROOT - GPS FIX(Radio: 12.65.60.29/26.14.04.28 M) (HBoot-Image) - Mirror
    Required RUU images are requested by the script: (In original Thread are more mirrors)
    PD98IMG DOWNLOAD LINKS

FAQ:

How do I get into the HBOOT loader and which version do I have?
    -Disable Fast boot: Settings »Power» Fast boot
    -Switch off you phone
    -Hold "Volume Down" and "Power" button
    -Once the HBOOT loader appears, release the keys
    -In the upper part of green written is now available the relevant information:
    -0(evtl. rosarote Zeile)Lock-Status
    1 ACE PVT...HBoot-Loader Modus & Security Flag
    2 HBoot-...HBoot-Loader Version
    3 MICROP-...not relevant
    4 TOUCH PANEL-...not relevant
    5 RADIO-...RADIO-Image Version
    6 ...not relevant

How do I get to FASTBOOT mode?
    -Start HBOOT loader (see above)
    - Navigate with the volume keys to "FASTBOOT"
    -Confirm by pressing the Power button

Which CID I have ?
    -Start FASTBOOT mode (see above)
    -On the PC, open existing Android SDK in CMD
    -Type "fastboot getvar all"
    -In the line "INFOcidnum ..." is now your current CID. (8 digits)
    CAUTION: Apps like CID GETTER don't work properly. Because the App asks the Build.Prop and everybody could change the build.prop.

How do I install after successfully rooting the latest ROM from HTC(modified by Phiber)? (This also fixes problems with GPS/Wifi/Soumd on custom ROMs!)
    -Unzip the "RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1_Radio_12.65.6 0.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_225512_rooted.zip"
    -Copy the "PD98IMG.zip" as a single file on the SD card
    -Start HBOOT loader and wait few seconds
    -Confirm query with "Volume Up"
    -After successfully flashing confirm the query with "Power"
    -Remove the SD card
    -Let android boot
    -Insert SD card
    -Delete the "PD98IMG.zip" from the SD card

Credits:

Hyuh
    attn1
    shad0wf0x
    Anthony1s
    Revskills
    Genepoole
    Phiber2000

Donation:
    PAYPAL LINK
    If you want to help Phiber2000 to continue his work please donate to him ! The support takes also much time on Android-Hilfe.de
    What to do next?
    Read some FAQs and sticky Threads
    Update the Recovery
    Make a Nandroid/Backup
    Install a Custom Rom {DHD Development List: ROMs, Kernels, and More}
    There's an option for preparing HTCdev unlocked devices in main menu.

Phiber
    See #105. After that you're debrandet too.

Phiber
    I was asked to test the free download links on this.

I was begining to think it was true that there are actually no Free download slots. I tried many times over several minutes and every time it said no free download slots. BUT after some minutes of clicking the "return to download link" it did actually give me free slots for all the downloads.

Not ideal, but it does seem possible to get a free download.

Mike