Rooted a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 lite 7 SM t110" Thank You

Search This thread

equitube

Feb 27, 2014
OnaHill
I just rooted my new Tab today thanks to the helpful and complete instruction from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2674649

(3/10/2014) and it works beautifully and is very easy, The step by step instructions and detailed videos made this the easiest root I"ve ever done (which would make all of 2 now). It took all of about 10 min, excluding the hour or so I spent carefully rereading the procedure and watching the videos.

Thank you so much! I have root again!!!

equitube

Feb 27, 2014
OnaHill
Regarding a boot loop problem mentioned in another thread (I am not able to post in development threads yet so hopefully the author will see this)

I had the same thing happen to mine after installing cwm and rooting then attempting to create backups. I think it was the way I tried to boot into cwm, didn't wait long enough perhaps.

Anyway, I wound up flashing the stock firmware again, using Odin, then redoing the cwm install and rooting again. It worked like a charm for me.

Sent from my rooted SM-T110 using xda app-developers app

jxker

Oct 18, 2010
Regarding a boot loop problem mentioned in another thread (I am not able to post in development threads yet so hopefully the author will see this)

I had the same thing happen to mine after installing cwm and rooting then attempting to create backups. I think it was the way I tried to boot into cwm, didn't wait long enough perhaps.

Anyway, I wound up flashing the stock firmware again, using Odin, then redoing the cwm install and rooting again. It worked like a charm for me.
y

same thing happenedt to me, twrp killed me, i then installed cm, and didnt realize i HAD to flash using odin thanks to inkslinger...who had the patience to listen and guide me now i will retry cm and root, glad to hear i wasnt aalone though i am not wishing anyone bad

equitube

Feb 27, 2014
OnaHill
Solved bootloop on my device

mine is in a consant bootloop.. and it does only boot to cwm and twrp.. nothing else..

I just had to do the whole process over again because my tab would keep dropping wifi (a common Samsung issue) I did a factory reset, forgetting the stock recovery was not on it any longer. It went right into the cwm bootloop again. I reflashed the stock firmware that I got from honai of androids blog in a link, using Odin.

Then reflashed the cwm, and rerooted. All is working again.

Reactions: rochlind

retrac650

Jun 4, 2013
Booting straight into recovery

I'm having the same issue as some on this forum. I have searched and searched but cannot find stock firmware. The" honai of androids" lead was a dead end. Link appears to be broken. Can someone point me in the right direction? Samsung Galaxy tab3 7.0 lite.

retrac650

Jun 4, 2013

Can you tell me where to find the stock firmware?

equitube

Feb 27, 2014
OnaHill
stock fir

I thought I'd posted the link to the stock firmware,

oops I cant post links yet, just google honai of android blogspot how to date galaxy tab 3 lite

It is a very slow d/l hosted by one of those "pay for fast download" sites. But the free d/l link works fine and it is the proper firmware, samsung sees it as official.

CAUTION: When rerooting, (Notice I didn't say if, I'm assuming anyone would naturally want to have root), when you boot into CWM, it takes a long time. I didn't wait long enough the first time I did it, and I think that may have something to do with the bootloop issue. I am going to install quickboot and try that.

Follow along with the detailed information and videos that were so well done by xda members. Ive done the whole process about 4 times now (when you do that first boot after flashing CWM, be sure and boot into recovery (again follow the video if you have any questions. The one on youtube posted by root junky, ots excellent.

Reactions: aftershock1

Parantez330

Aug 28, 2019
mine is in a consant bootloop.. and it does only boot to cwm and twrp.. nothing else..
I posted the files that you need to root and reset the custom binary counter.
1. Flash the Stock ROM
2. Install the OTA Updates. (NOTE= Don't install it later, it will bootloop in CWM.)
3. Flash CWM in Odin and then flash the SuperSU ZIP.
4. Flash Stock RECOVERY. (IMPORTANT)
5. Download Rashr and flash CWM image file.
6. Done!
Also don't press to boot in recovery mode. It will bootloop, duh.
All of the files are here: bit.ly/sm-t110-root

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved bootloop on my device

I just had to do the whole process over again because my tab would keep dropping wifi (a common Samsung issue) I did a factory reset, forgetting the stock recovery was not on it any longer. It went right into the cwm bootloop again. I reflashed the stock firmware that I got from honai of androids blog in a link, using Odin.

Then reflashed the cwm, and rerooted. All is working again.
    stock fir

I thought I'd posted the link to the stock firmware,

oops I cant post links yet, just google honai of android blogspot how to date galaxy tab 3 lite

It is a very slow d/l hosted by one of those "pay for fast download" sites. But the free d/l link works fine and it is the proper firmware, samsung sees it as official.

CAUTION: When rerooting, (Notice I didn't say if, I'm assuming anyone would naturally want to have root), when you boot into CWM, it takes a long time. I didn't wait long enough the first time I did it, and I think that may have something to do with the bootloop issue. I am going to install quickboot and try that.

Follow along with the detailed information and videos that were so well done by xda members. Ive done the whole process about 4 times now (when you do that first boot after flashing CWM, be sure and boot into recovery (again follow the video if you have any questions. The one on youtube posted by root junky, ots excellent.