[Q] Bending our nexus

Search This thread

eftaxias

Oct 29, 2012
Athens
Hi guys, my first post here..

I bought yesterday my nexus and I am completely pleased with this great device and software.
I want to ask you about the strength of this device. I always feel a little insecure for my devices. So I "test" them to find out how durable they are. So, even if the nexus 7 seems very durable and strong, when i bend it, the screen makes some color difference at the edges. Just to notice: not at normal, but when I bend it much...

Is there any problem?

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com

I bought yesterday my nexus and I am completely pleased with this great device and software.
I want to ask you about the strength of this device. I always feel a little insecure for my devices. So I "test" them to find out how durable they are. So, even if the nexus 7 seems very durable and strong, when i bend it, the screen makes some color difference at the edges. Just to notice: not at normal, but when I bend it much...

Is there any problem?

You can't be serious. You are bending a $200 tablet, the reason for the discoloration is the fact you are bending the display which causes the liquid crystal to move.
If you don't want to cause permanent damage I recommend you don't purposely bend it anymore.

[Edit] I have a question, in what sensible thought would bending your device be a good way to test its durability? What kind of situation would you be in that you would accidentally bend your tablet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Nospin

Nov 20, 2010
Well, glass isn't really supposed to bend...

If your device looks fine during normal usage I would say you are OK. If you notice color differences on the edges without bending, you may have an issue.

For the future, with the numerous screen lift issues I would say that the front glass on the Nexus 7 is under a bit more strain than other tablets. So don't bend it.

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville

Is there any problem?

OMG.. Im very sorry but if i ever run into you stuck and needing to use my phone. Yes because yours has a broken screen from bending it.. I will have to say NO.. Its a tablet not a yoga teacher Do not bend your tablet . If you bend your tablet it will not longer be your friend. Please do not bend your friends...

Sent from Concerned citizens against bending nexus tablets.. Time to hit up congress for a new law ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Travisdroidx2

alkemist80

Sep 20, 2012
Pineapple under the sea
Tablets aren't made to bend. There is probably enough give to accommodate slightly but those are in cases of an accident. I wouldn't go around intentionally trying to damage my device. The only time I would bend it was if I accidentally sat on it, and the results probably won't be good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

eftaxias

Oct 29, 2012
Athens
Ok, clear.. I will stop it :p

To be serious, for the friend asking, no there is no colour problem in normal use. It also seems not to have the usual screen lift problem.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
So, even if the nexus 7 seems very durable and strong, when i bend it, the screen makes some color difference at the edges. Just to notice: not at normal, but when I bend it much...

Is there any problem?

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Reactions: mustbepbs

rootbrain

Jan 30, 2012

Is there any problem?

Yes. The problem is some people shouldn't be allowed around expensive electronics.

Sure as chit you'll be posting about screen, speaker or housing issues in you next post.

Rootbrain

DeadlyDazza

Jul 3, 2010
Dude, you're bending it the wrong way!
Mine bends completely in half the other way & fits snug into my back pocket.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Is there any problem?

You can't be serious. You are bending a $200 tablet, the reason for the discoloration is the fact you are bending the display which causes the liquid crystal to move.
    If you don't want to cause permanent damage I recommend you don't purposely bend it anymore.

[Edit] I have a question, in what sensible thought would bending your device be a good way to test its durability? What kind of situation would you be in that you would accidentally bend your tablet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Is there any problem?

OMG.. Im very sorry but if i ever run into you stuck and needing to use my phone. Yes because yours has a broken screen from bending it.. I will have to say NO.. Its a tablet not a yoga teacher Do not bend your tablet . If you bend your tablet it will not longer be your friend. Please do not bend your friends...

Sent from Concerned citizens against bending nexus tablets.. Time to hit up congress for a new law ...
    So, even if the nexus 7 seems very durable and strong, when i bend it, the screen makes some color difference at the edges. Just to notice: not at normal, but when I bend it much...

Is there any problem?

NotSureIfSerious.jpg