[HOW TO]Omnia 7 mango jailbreak(work on 7712)

Search This thread

yhd4711499

May 1, 2009
Chendu,China
Original Post(Chinese):http://www.wpxap.com/thread-82265-1-1.html
Ddeveloped by GLB in C-reader developing team(a ebook reader app made in china)
EDIT: If you updated to 7712 with 7661 unlocked, you can enter diagnosis->gprs settings then choose the unlock.xml to unlock 7712.

Not working properly on focus right now. The Diagnosis app in Focus is different from the Omnia7's . So the methods below are not recommended for Focus users.
See the "Problems and Solutions" part for detail.

Please post your Diagnosis version and ROM if you succeed.

Simple translation(I'm chinese, so the translation is not very good,sorry for that)

REQUIRES
IF you have updated to mango, roll back to 7392 or earlier. make sure it's unlocked.
Then you needs these files(1-4 are contained in the Omnia7 mango JB.zip)
1)Wp7UsbStorageEnabler
2)WP7RootTools 0.5 alpha.xap
3)language.xml (this is for chinese languages,can be omitted)
4)unlock.xml
5) Diagnosis app(ver 1xxx)
Note: If your Diagnosis version is 0929 or earlier, you should uninstall it and dial ##634# under 7932. By doing this you can update your Diagnosis app.

Before updating to mango
1)copy language.xml and unlock.xml to rootfolder/picture/ via Wp7UsbStorageEnabler
2)deploy WP7RootTools 0.5 alpha.xap and copy the xml file(s) to provxml/ in the root folder(create one if provxml folder doesn't exist)
note:
the file name will change after being copied to phone. Look for it under /My Documents/Zune/Content, including sub-folders.(size is the clue)
You can look through /My Documents/Zune/Content/0400 first.
Don't forget to rename the xml files to original one.
3)exit WP7RootTools and enter diagnosis(##634#),open GPRS settings (*#9908#). click "Select GPRS" and you will see the xml file(s). dont choose any of them. Just click Save.
note: Don't update to mango if you can't find unlock.xml in GPRS settings! You can't jailbreak mango without unlock.xml.
If you want chinese,you should choose language.xml then save. the Unlock.xml is used after updating to mango.

After Updating to Mango
after updating to mango,enter diagnosis->gprs settings,and choose the unlock.xml then save.
No rebooting needed.
All done.Enjoy

Problems and solutions
--->Focus<---
It's confirmed that Diagnosis(ver 0929 or earlier) can't find the xml file in the GPRS settings.
The Diagnosis version is different according to which rom you are using.
Rogers -> 0929
Att -> 1122
If your Diagnosis version is 0929 or earlier, uninstall and dial ##634# to reinstall it again (in 7392). It will update the Diagnosis app.
If it still not work:
Reflash to AT&T 7004 > Open Diagnose > Unlock > 7008 > 7390 > Open Diagnose (still 929) > Uninstall Diagnose > Open ##634# again, and it's already updated.(Thanks to minori_aoi,http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15368673&postcount=55)
Note:
If your phone is updated to 7392 with the OEM registry information (ATT-US) deleted, the Diagnosis won't be updated.

If the unlock.xml is still missing in the GPRS settings, here is a solution:
Copy&paste unlock.xml in another way:
1)In 7392, download and deploy New_SMS_Unlock.xap.
2)Browse with WP7 Root Tools to Applications\Install
3)Search for a folder which starts with D19A80F2-1717.....Then you will find the unlock.xml
Then do as above.
I don't know what's the difference between the unlock.xml in New_SMS_Unlock.xap and the normal one. Both size and content are the same. But it just worked on hx4700 Killer's focus.
See http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15329491&postcount=5 for detail
Thanks to contable and hx4700 Killer.

--->Wp7UsbStorageEnabler<---
Zune will start automatically when the phone is connected. Then you will see nothing in WP7 phone's folder in the Explorer.
Here's the solution:
When the phone s connected,open phone's folder in Explorer as fast as you can.
This make Wp7UsbStorageEnabler connect with your phone before Zune.
You can also close Zune when it appears.

About C-Reader
C-Reader is a fascinating ebook reading app and the developers are working hard to make it optimized for mango.A beta release will soon be published including some "mango features" like extremely fast resuming and background downloading.I hope you guys could have try~~
App link:http://wp7applist.com/en-US/app/16650/creader

Attachments

• New_SMS_unlock.xap
    41 KB · Views: 4,355
Last edited:

minori_aoi

Jun 4, 2008
Jakarta
What make this hack can't be used on Focus ??? As far as the Unlock.xml goes, it's only contain Dev Unlock, Prevent Re-lock, and Max Sideloaded Application limit.

I also can access *#9908# from diag tools. So what's missing from Focus compared to Omnia 7 ?

yhd4711499

May 1, 2009
Chendu,China
It seems that some focus succeeded. It depends on the ROM and diagnose app you are using.
diagnoise v1122 works
rogers seems not working.
Have a try and good luck!

Last edited:

minori_aoi

Jun 4, 2008
Jakarta
Mine is AT&T Focus with Diagnose v 0.929 and running Rogers ROM.

Out of topic :
Regarding Diagnose Tools, can we change the Diagnose tools with another version ???

Edit : Tried this, but I can't see the xml file from *#9908#.
There're 3 options :
- Gumi Test Bed
- Suwon2G Test Bed
- Suwon3G Test Bed

Damn ... I thought it would also worked on my Focus :(

Last edited:

yhd4711499

May 1, 2009
Chendu,China
i updated my post . see the last part "Problems and solutions" . But the xap file is still downloading...
EDIT: the Diagnosis.xap in attachment did't work, deleted.

Last edited:

svarog84

Sep 12, 2007
Novi Sad
I have a problem, i don't see any file under /My Documents/Zune/Content after i loaded unlock.xml in Pictures folder via USBenabler. I have only seven folders in Content folder, no files. Any clue?

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Here an easier way to copy the unlock.xml to the OMNIA 7:

1. if you are still on build 7392 deploy the attached xap to your device
2. Browse with WP7 Root Tools to Applications\Install
3. Search for a folder which starts with D19A80F2-1717.....

=> there you will find the unlock.xml

4. copy the unlock.xml as described with WP7 Root Tools to the before created provxml\ folder

So you don´t need to copy the unlock.xml via USBStorageEnabler.

Cheers

contable

Attachments

• New_SMS_unlock.xap
    41 KB · Views: 1,345
Reactions: notlesss

minori_aoi

Jun 4, 2008
Jakarta
The diagnose (v.1027) crashed as soon as I open GPRS screen.

What's SMS Unlock used for ?

Edit : It's just for copying the unlock.xml, lol

Last edited:

svarog84

Sep 12, 2007
Novi Sad
@contable
i don't have folder that starts with D19A80F2

I am trying now to find it with first method. If file is renamed it will keep .xml extension, right?

Tnx for replying so quickly everyone

contable

Oct 25, 2009
@contable
i don't have folder that starts with D19A80F2

I am trying now to find it with first method. If file is renamed it will keep .xml extension, right?

Tnx for replying so quickly everyone

That is the folder I found it on my OMNIA 7. The file isn´t renamed after deploying the xap. If you don´t have such a folder just search in Applications\Install folder for unlock.xml.

lutherkingmartin

Dec 13, 2007
Tested, it work on omnia7. I has more than 20 xap deployed on phone before mango and I can deploy other xap after upgrade to mango.

thank you !

svarog84

Sep 12, 2007
Novi Sad
No, the file name is totally changed.
mine is 7a.3z and 7c.3z
they are in the same folder and the folder has no other files in it.

I have seen them but didn't pay attention, i was trying to find .xml extension.

EDIT
Found it, i have unlock option under gprs settings. Updating to Mango now, hope it will work. Thanks a lot

Last edited:

noelito

Mar 26, 2009
htc support?

will there be support for htc hd7 coming? or can i use these instructions with my hd7?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original Post(Chinese):http://www.wpxap.com/thread-82265-1-1.html
    Ddeveloped by GLB in C-reader developing team(a ebook reader app made in china)
    EDIT: If you updated to 7712 with 7661 unlocked, you can enter diagnosis->gprs settings then choose the unlock.xml to unlock 7712.

Not working properly on focus right now. The Diagnosis app in Focus is different from the Omnia7's . So the methods below are not recommended for Focus users.
    See the "Problems and Solutions" part for detail.

Please post your Diagnosis version and ROM if you succeed.

Simple translation(I'm chinese, so the translation is not very good,sorry for that)

REQUIRES
    IF you have updated to mango, roll back to 7392 or earlier. make sure it's unlocked.
    Then you needs these files(1-4 are contained in the Omnia7 mango JB.zip)
    1)Wp7UsbStorageEnabler
    2)WP7RootTools 0.5 alpha.xap
    3)language.xml (this is for chinese languages,can be omitted)
    4)unlock.xml
    5) Diagnosis app(ver 1xxx)
    Note: If your Diagnosis version is 0929 or earlier, you should uninstall it and dial ##634# under 7932. By doing this you can update your Diagnosis app.

Before updating to mango
    1)copy language.xml and unlock.xml to rootfolder/picture/ via Wp7UsbStorageEnabler
    2)deploy WP7RootTools 0.5 alpha.xap and copy the xml file(s) to provxml/ in the root folder(create one if provxml folder doesn't exist)
    note:
    the file name will change after being copied to phone. Look for it under /My Documents/Zune/Content, including sub-folders.(size is the clue)
    You can look through /My Documents/Zune/Content/0400 first.
    Don't forget to rename the xml files to original one.
    3)exit WP7RootTools and enter diagnosis(##634#),open GPRS settings (*#9908#). click "Select GPRS" and you will see the xml file(s). dont choose any of them. Just click Save.
    note: Don't update to mango if you can't find unlock.xml in GPRS settings! You can't jailbreak mango without unlock.xml.
    If you want chinese,you should choose language.xml then save. the Unlock.xml is used after updating to mango.

After Updating to Mango
    after updating to mango,enter diagnosis->gprs settings,and choose the unlock.xml then save.
    No rebooting needed.
    All done.Enjoy

Problems and solutions
    --->Focus<---
    It's confirmed that Diagnosis(ver 0929 or earlier) can't find the xml file in the GPRS settings.
    The Diagnosis version is different according to which rom you are using.
    Rogers -> 0929
    Att -> 1122
    If your Diagnosis version is 0929 or earlier, uninstall and dial ##634# to reinstall it again (in 7392). It will update the Diagnosis app.
    If it still not work:
    Reflash to AT&T 7004 > Open Diagnose > Unlock > 7008 > 7390 > Open Diagnose (still 929) > Uninstall Diagnose > Open ##634# again, and it's already updated.(Thanks to minori_aoi,http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15368673&postcount=55)
    Note:
    If your phone is updated to 7392 with the OEM registry information (ATT-US) deleted, the Diagnosis won't be updated.

If the unlock.xml is still missing in the GPRS settings, here is a solution:
    Copy&paste unlock.xml in another way:
    1)In 7392, download and deploy New_SMS_Unlock.xap.
    2)Browse with WP7 Root Tools to Applications\Install
    3)Search for a folder which starts with D19A80F2-1717.....Then you will find the unlock.xml
    Then do as above.
    I don't know what's the difference between the unlock.xml in New_SMS_Unlock.xap and the normal one. Both size and content are the same. But it just worked on hx4700 Killer's focus.
    See http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15329491&postcount=5 for detail
    Thanks to contable and hx4700 Killer.

--->Wp7UsbStorageEnabler<---
    Zune will start automatically when the phone is connected. Then you will see nothing in WP7 phone's folder in the Explorer.
    Here's the solution:
    When the phone s connected,open phone's folder in Explorer as fast as you can.
    This make Wp7UsbStorageEnabler connect with your phone before Zune.
    You can also close Zune when it appears.

About C-Reader
    C-Reader is a fascinating ebook reading app and the developers are working hard to make it optimized for mango.A beta release will soon be published including some "mango features" like extremely fast resuming and background downloading.I hope you guys could have try~~
    App link:http://wp7applist.com/en-US/app/16650/creader
    Here an easier way to copy the unlock.xml to the OMNIA 7:

1. if you are still on build 7392 deploy the attached xap to your device
    2. Browse with WP7 Root Tools to Applications\Install
    3. Search for a folder which starts with D19A80F2-1717.....

=> there you will find the unlock.xml

4. copy the unlock.xml as described with WP7 Root Tools to the before created provxml\ folder

So you don´t need to copy the unlock.xml via USBStorageEnabler.

Cheers

contable
    I was able to update my focus from 7390 to 7166 by using the XAP for the xml in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15316160&postcount=9

and then running heathcliffs .5 alpha tools to make a provxml folder in root of machine and copy the installed file to that location. (check post for where to find unlock.xml it installs)

I tried other unlock.xml files but they didnt work. I noted on the phone that this ones size was much larger and for whatever reason it worked.

So basically install that xap, copy the file to root provxml folder and run the diag tool as in the first post choosing the unlock option once mango is installed to unlock the phone.

I also had to re-add the APN:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6676341&postcount=4
    Worked on my AT&T Focus. Thanks a lot!
    restored to 7008 , uninstalled diagnosis tool, then made a update to nodo.
    diagnosis vers. 0929 still there.
    reinstalled diagnosis again , no changes
    do the version change until mango update ?
    Here's how I get Updated Diagnose.

Reflash to AT&T 7004 > Open Diagnose > Unlock > 7008 > 7390 > Open Diagnose (still 929) > Uninstall Diagnose > Open ##634# again, and it's already updated.

Now I can read unlock.xml from provxml folder.

Any idea what registry should I add into unlock.xml along with the unlock, prevent relock, and max sideloaded limit ?? Since we can no longer use the registry editor nor the file explorer, I guess it's better to add as many registry entries while we in NoDO :D