[Q] HTC One Mini 601E problem and bricked after trying to install CyanogenMod

Search This thread

nxjohn

Mar 29, 2014
Hello guys ;)

I have an HTC One Mini 601E, and today I've try to install Android Kitkat 4.4.2 via CyanogenMod ( by following the procedure on ibtimes, update-htc-one-mini-android-4-4-2-kitkat-via-cyanogenmod-11-rom-1433685 [sorry it seams I cannot post any link as new member...]) so I rooted the phone, installed SuperSU and installed a recovery mod and everything necessary but after trying to install the zip "Android 4.4.2 KitKat Cyanogenmod 11 ROM" few time and with first ClockworkMod and then also TWRP recovery tools I still get the same error : set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed" (Status 7). (even using recovery base Phil..) :confused:
I've try few things to try to solve it lbut still get the same error. So I'm wondering why and how I could resolve this. I'm thinking also that this phone is 601E and not 601S. I mean, this phone come from Taiwan, my girlfriend bought it for me but I'm in Australia actally. I know there is just a little difference about the baseband between these two model (601E and 601S). So I was wondering that maybe I need a different version of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for my phone that come from Taiwan ? I don't know.. but actually I cannot do anything with my phone, when I turn it on I can see the logo HTC and then it reboot again. I can only access the fastboot menu and the recovery mod.

So my questions are :
- How could I successfully install this Android 4.4.2 KitKat Cyanogenmod 11 ROM on my phone ?
- And if it is just not possible or just not working, how can I come back to the previous Android OS that was installed before (Jelly bean) ?

I think to understand that I need a RUU m4 for my phone, I've found some on the website androidruu.com in the M4 RUU category) but I'm not sure if it is the right RUU file for my phone version.

I hope my phone is not broken and hope also to find some help here :) also sorry for my english is not perfect I hope it is enough clear :)

Thank you very much for any help.

Jona

nxjohn

Mar 29, 2014
I successfully installed another mod but based on Android 4.3, not 4.4 Kitkat.So it's ok :)
But if somebody know or have an idea about how I could install Android 4.4, I still interesting :)
Thank you