Can the Sony Tablet S Accept 64gb SD Cards?

Search This thread

pauLegend

Jan 24, 2009
My hitachi 1TB external hard drive works well! yes it has to formatted in fat32 and had to be self powered but im about to exchange movie files easily!

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

one partition btw!

ps3taker

May 4, 2011
London
I tried two 500gb drives and they don't get enough power from the tablet. A work around is two use y-split usb cable and power one end from a laptop or similar unless your drive comes with the separate power adapter already. I wonder if there is a drive which would get enough juice from tablet alone somehow.

Sent from my R800i

Anyone else used 64gig cards on the tablet yet?

I'm not using a 64gb card, but I am using a 128gb card. It works fine so far; I am able to transfer files easily and I can play music off of it with PowerAmp. The only problems I have so far are my Astro file manager won't detect the card so I can't browse through my files, and my QuickPic is unable to load my images in the card. I'm not sure if it's the software issue or not.
Another problem is that the card came in formatted as the exFat format; a format my Tablet S won't read. And since Windows won't allow anything over 32gb to be formatted to Fat32, I had to use a third party program to format it. I used EASEUS Partition Master to format it. It's a free and works great. Sorry, I can't post the download link yet until I get some more post counts :rolleyes:.

pratishk

Mar 1, 2009
London
Thanks Evo 4G63,

Just what I needed to know. I could not format to FAT32, windows only ever let me format exFAT32.

Will look at the progam you mentioned, annoyingly I sent my 64gig back!might have to order agiain...

nismo929

Nov 7, 2011
Alert
This might be the best news since sliced bread!! No issues with that big of a card?

File manager HD is a great apk too for sorting out your files from your sd and your internal. But as mentioned in an above post....you can only play movies one at a time....which isn't so bad, but when you have 178 pictures you want to show....individually...its a pain in the butt. I will be testing out a 128gb sdxc card very soon myself. This would eliminate having to swap my movies all the time.
Thanks for the info....

Silver-Eye

Oct 3, 2011
Faro
This might be the best news since sliced bread!! No issues with that big of a card?

File manager HD is a great apk too for sorting out your files from your sd and your internal. But as mentioned in an above post....you can only play movies one at a time....which isn't so bad, but when you have 178 pictures you want to show....individually...its a pain in the butt. I will be testing out a 128gb sdxc card very soon myself. This would eliminate having to swap my movies all the time.
Thanks for the info....

For the pictures I use quickpic app, a bit more slow than the native app, but does the job.. oh yeah it reads from the sd card ;)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

Reactions: nismo929

Sharky101

Dec 4, 2011
Player that reads both sd cards on Sony S.

In order to select multiple folders or sd cards for playing music you can download the PowerAmp player app from the google marketplace. It acually allows you to select multiple music folders from multiple cards when you first open the app. Works great on Sony S but its gonna cost you $5 to have the full version. Test out the free version first though.

J_apa_n

Jul 25, 2010
SOUTH CENTRAL
Has anyone tried a filemanager to access other files, like pdfs, or txt docs
I'm really loving the tab s, but I hate Sony and their control issues.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

ps3taker

May 4, 2011
London
:) I have just tried Sandisks 64GB MICRO sd card with the supplied micro to sd adapter and it worked after reformat to FAT32 with EASEUS. I used micro to USB adapter while reformatting to FAT32 on the PC. :) Don't now if it would have worked if i formatted it via sd card reader slot directly on my laptop - I swapped to usb adapter after PC could not recognise the card. I hope it helps if you had problems doing it some other way

gomez73

Nov 11, 2011
If I had seen this before I got mine with a 32gb card, I definitely would have gotten at least a 64gb, im wating on the SGP-UC1 adapter so I can use an external drive or im thinking maybe a 64gb flash drive might be a useable option without toting an external drive around.
Sure do wish my tablet s was rooted.:mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, I don't think the Sony Tablet will accept SDXC cards.

I believe the SDHC cards only go up to 32GB.

It is possible to use SDXC cards as long as it is formatted by the tablet to FAT32(or on a computer). I am using a 128GB SDXC card without problem. I use Poweramp in order to view my music collection(45GB) and VitalPlayer Pro to play videos from the SD-card.
    No way!! Tell me your joking!!

No its no joke, the problem is that the standard Gallery does not access the SD-card but I solved it by using QuickPic. QuickPic is a superb app that lets you specify which folders you want to view. I will try to make a Youtube to show what it looks like, probably on friday since I work long night shift now.

When it comes to Xperia Play I dont know but I guess it has microSD card slot? I know that some phones takes XC cards, among them is HTC Sensation.
    Anyone else used 64gig cards on the tablet yet?

I'm not using a 64gb card, but I am using a 128gb card. It works fine so far; I am able to transfer files easily and I can play music off of it with PowerAmp. The only problems I have so far are my Astro file manager won't detect the card so I can't browse through my files, and my QuickPic is unable to load my images in the card. I'm not sure if it's the software issue or not.
    Another problem is that the card came in formatted as the exFat format; a format my Tablet S won't read. And since Windows won't allow anything over 32gb to be formatted to Fat32, I had to use a third party program to format it. I used EASEUS Partition Master to format it. It's a free and works great. Sorry, I can't post the download link yet until I get some more post counts :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the info....

For the pictures I use quickpic app, a bit more slow than the native app, but does the job.. oh yeah it reads from the sd card ;)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk