[i9003] Odin stuck on "setup connection"...

Search This thread

OrbitalDroid

Jul 27, 2011
Toulouse
Hi !

This is my problem : my current rom is a i9003XXKP9 and it's laggy, 3G is slow, 90% of apps won't run, battery drains fast, camera doesn't work... so I want to go back to a FroYo version (i9003XXKB3) but Odin (1.82) gets stuck at "setup connection". My i9003 is connected in Download mode, I removed SIM and SDCard, changed USB port (7 out of 7 actually...) but still stuck at the first step of the flash... This fills me with despair... Oh and I also have my drivers up to date ;)

Please help me, I never had a problem flashing all my WM phones...

Thank you :)

Reactions: OrglCe

gfacer

Jan 24, 2011
Vancouver and area
Well I don't have a 9003 but make sure you do not wait too long to start the flash after connection to the computer. It will still show as connected but it seems the i9000 at least stops looking for the download after a little while.

Also try another version of Odin. I had one that just never worked.

Einride

Sep 8, 2010
I've had that before, usually solved by removing the battery for a couple of minutes and then booting into download mode again.

Also, start Odin (as administrator to be sure) before you plug in the phone. It's sometimes very picky about that it seems.

Giri.R

Jun 16, 2011
Chennai
I am able to get past Odin "setup connection" issue for I9003

Hi!

I had this issue for more than a week and now I managed to find a solution for this. Previously I was working with Windows 7 and had no issues while using Odin for flashing the ROMs. But when I shifted to my old machine having WinXP I had the issue in Odin which get stuck on "setup connection".

Yes, I tried re-installing the drivers, made sure that Kies is not running in task manager, searched in google for solutions and followed all methods suggested, but still no luck whatever I did. Then finally I tried this and it worked...:)

After putting my phone in the download mode, I first tried to flash with Odin3 v1.82. Once it got stuck on "setup connection", I simply closed Odin3 v1.82 and opened Odin3 v1.83 and tried flashing again. Now it worked...:D I didn't disconnect the phone during this process of changing the Odin. I tried many times today and this method worked for me all the time. You can first try with any version of Odin. If that version doesn't work, simply close it and try with the other version.

Hope this helps someone who has this issue...

yani2000

Jul 23, 2010
Well I don't have a 9003 but make sure you do not wait too long to start the flash after connection to the computer. It will still show as connected but it seems the i9000 at least stops looking for the download after a little while.

This fixed the problem for me!
Didn't know you had to be real quick. :)
Thanks!

Reactions: mostafa1055

Lucasred

My case with this kind of problems

Let me tell u about a problem i have all the time, on my first flashes with Odin i always got stuck on the setup connection, but it was a problem with my USB ports, it turns out that not all ports are 2.0, which is the recommended for doing this kind of things.....
When i found out this, i tried on all of my 8 ports 'till i found the right one :D
Another issue, at least with my device, is that the USB cable doesn't "grab" well and it happened to me that at least 5 times the flashing was interrupted by this kind of problem.

I use Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate in my desktop PC and in my laptop respectively......

Reactions: BJeT0421

jschatte

Feb 2, 2012

I have an i9000 as well, and I can confirm this did the trick. Fire up odin as soon as you get the phone into download mode!

xxxstar123

Sep 5, 2011
Amman
hello will it's a comment issue that i9003 won't enter download mode or computer won't see it in that mode what i suggest remove it form computer unplug the battery for about a min plug back then enter download mode first of all start odin pule the phone first then to the pc.

jeetash

Nov 12, 2009
THANKS

Hey thanks a lot .. this method helped me loads .. was stuck for a long time on download mode .. guess you have to pull the battery and enter downlad mode again for odin not to get stuck on Setup conection .. ur right it stops loking for download s.. thanks again .. im on i9000 though :)

eladnava

Oct 23, 2011
Mine was also hanging at SetupConnection.

Ctrl + Alt + Delete and kill process KiesTrayAgent.exe. :)

Restart Odin and it works!

Nov 28, 2010
Ludhiana
Guys I have find out the solution of that problem I face that problem when we use Odin for different phones like I have use on(Galaxy S2,Galaxy S1,Galaxy S pro) later when i want flash my Galaxy s2 i was unable to do it I reinstall my all drivers even its better if u reinstall your windows then u will be able to flash the phone and my advice is to use one model phone in Odin instead of different model

karollew

Apr 8, 2008
Hello
for me working:
unplug device from usb
connect powered off device to usb
switch to download mode
system search drivers and all is ok.
br. Karol

Last edited:

amit.chotaliya

May 6, 2012
Recovery instead of Download mode

Maybe, just maybe. I'm suggesting this because it happened to me and I was stuck for 3 days. Make sure you'r not in recovery mode instead of download mode.

Recovery : Volume Up + Home + Power
Download : Volume Down + Home + Power

scissorss

Jun 6, 2012

confirming that this worked for me. didn't change anything except i just did everything quickly! :D
rage averted

edit: i have galaxy s i9000M

Last edited:
Reactions: dchsub

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've had that before, usually solved by removing the battery for a couple of minutes and then booting into download mode again.

Also, start Odin (as administrator to be sure) before you plug in the phone. It's sometimes very picky about that it seems.
    I am able to get past Odin "setup connection" issue for I9003

Hi!

I had this issue for more than a week and now I managed to find a solution for this. Previously I was working with Windows 7 and had no issues while using Odin for flashing the ROMs. But when I shifted to my old machine having WinXP I had the issue in Odin which get stuck on "setup connection".

Yes, I tried re-installing the drivers, made sure that Kies is not running in task manager, searched in google for solutions and followed all methods suggested, but still no luck whatever I did. Then finally I tried this and it worked...:)

After putting my phone in the download mode, I first tried to flash with Odin3 v1.82. Once it got stuck on "setup connection", I simply closed Odin3 v1.82 and opened Odin3 v1.83 and tried flashing again. Now it worked...:D I didn't disconnect the phone during this process of changing the Odin. I tried many times today and this method worked for me all the time. You can first try with any version of Odin. If that version doesn't work, simply close it and try with the other version.

Hope this helps someone who has this issue...

I have an i9000 as well, and I can confirm this did the trick. Fire up odin as soon as you get the phone into download mode!

confirming that this worked for me. didn't change anything except i just did everything quickly! :D
    rage averted

edit: i have galaxy s i9000M