[ROM] MIUI rom 2.3.2

Search This thread

MyNameIsKappa

Jan 10, 2012
Siena
This is the 2.3.2 MIUI ROM

Everything in this ROM is working well, there aren't FC and the screenshots finally are working!

To have the Market working, you have to flash through CWM the latest version of the Google Apps, then, if the market isn't there, you have to manually install it

So, now enjoy your FULL WORKING MIUI ROM!

Thanks to sewa2k and akalos for the help

Last edited:

sewa2k

Last edited:

marcolnx

Jan 27, 2012
Hi, please let me know if screenshot, logcat works, or bugs thath you will find.
Also if all application are in english (no chinese caracters).
I'm running miui 1.12.16 posted in u8800 section (why not here?).
Thanks

MyNameIsKappa

Jan 10, 2012
Siena
Hi, please let me know if screenshot, logcat works, or bugs thath you will find.
Also if all application are in english (no chinese caracters).
I'm running miui 1.12.16 posted in u8800 section (why not here?).
Thanks

Hi, the screenshots are working well (it's also written in the first post =)), i haven't had any type of FC or bug, some applications are in chinese caracters, i don't know how to see if logcat works... The ROM is really fast and smooth, it seems that everything is working well :)

marcolnx

Jan 27, 2012
Hi, just a confirm :) Screenshot works also for me in 1.12.16 with terminal emulator or root explorer script, but not from notification bar (not a big problem) just weating for your review:
- about logcat just write logcat inside terminal emulator and press enter
- power buttom give 4 way reboot (normal-hot boot-bootloader-recovery)?
- what applications in chinese? (in 1.12.16 no one in chinese and it's very important for me)
- from maps, compass streetview works?

I'm testing 1.12.16 and all working fine inside this beatiful rom (no limits fps, root, busybox, sms, missing call, compass running street view, good sound)
By

MyNameIsKappa

Jan 10, 2012
Siena
Hi, just a confirm :) Screenshot works also for me in 1.12.16 with terminal emulator or root explorer script, but not from notification bar (not a big problem) just weating for your review:
- about logcat just write logcat inside terminal emulator and press enter
- power buttom give 4 way reboot (normal-hot boot-bootloader-recovery)?
- what applications in chinese? (in 1.12.16 no one in chinese and it's very important for me)
- from maps, compass streetview works?

I'm testing 1.12.16 and all working fine inside this beatiful rom (no limits fps, root, busybox, sms, missing call, compass running street view, good sound)
By

Screenshots work with the notification bar and also with menu button + volume down button
Logcat is enabled
Power button gives 4 way reboot
The applications in chinese are 2 applications that i don't know, the data monitor, the clock, all the other applications are in english
And compass streetview seems to be working

:)

marcolnx

Jan 27, 2012
Thanks :) news and meteo and monitor applications in 1.2.16 are in english and also italian (I like these apps). Please check if sms apps. under prefear tabs is in english or ita (no chinese) and try hold home (app killer app manager) just for check. This rom keep 2 superuser?
By

Sent from my u8800pro using XDA

PoisonGodMachine

Mar 5, 2012
I tried to flash this rom but I got a message that the zip is bad.....could it be that it got corrupted while downloading or copying it to the sd? I use the 2.1.2 miui rom and I think it is the best rom I have tried so far

I get the following message from CWM 5.0.2.7:

--Installing: /sdcard/MIUI-U8800Pro__2.3.2-R9.zip
Finding update Package....
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/MIUI-U8800Pro__2.3.2-R9.zip (bad)
Installation aborted

Last edited:

MyNameIsKappa

Jan 10, 2012
Siena
Thanks :) news and meteo and monitor applications in 1.2.16 are in english and also italian (I like these apps). Please check if sms apps. under prefear tabs is in english or ita (no chinese) and try hold home (app killer app manager) just for check. This rom keep 2 superuser?
By

In the SMS app all is in english, but in the favorites and recommended the phrases are in chinese (it's not so important, these are the predetermined phrases) and holding home the app manager/app killer is in chinese, but if you know that the botton to the left is the app killer and the botton to the right is the app manager you won't have problems
When you first install the rom there are 2 superuser, but when you tap on one, it opens and after a reboot there is only one and it works without problems =)

I tried to flash this rom but I got a message that the zip is bad.....could it be that it got corrupted while downloading or copying it to the sd? I use the 2.1.2 miui rom and I think it is the best rom I have tried so far

I get the following message from CWM 5.0.2.7:

--Installing: /sdcard/MIUI-U8800Pro__2.3.2-R9.zip
Finding update Package....
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/MIUI-U8800Pro__2.3.2-R9.zip (bad)
Installation aborted

I don't know how to help you, i'm so sorry
I haven't had this problem, maybe the file got corrupted while downloading
try to download it again =)

PoisonGodMachine

Mar 5, 2012
Ok I formated my sd and tried to reapply the rom. Now I am stuck at opening update package....how long does it take to open it? It's been like that for more than 20 minutes. Should I worry?

For reasons known only to the gods of technology and microchips I managed to install the rom

Last edited:

Ramucio

Feb 15, 2008
Try install from CWR. 20 minutes it is problem

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

evilastharoth

May 6, 2011
Hi all, I tried to install this ROM but I always get stuck in a boot loop with the "Android" splash screen going on and off every 3 seconds . Currently I'm using the B540 Huawei ROM with CWM 5.0.2.7. Any suggestions?

Sent from my U8800Pro using XDA

MyNameIsKappa

Jan 10, 2012
Siena
Hi all, I tried to install this ROM but I always get stuck in a boot loop with the "Android" splash screen going on and off every 3 seconds . Currently I'm using the B540 Huawei ROM with CWM 5.0.2.7. Any suggestions?

Sent from my U8800Pro using XDA

I don't know how to help you, i had no problem with this rom...
I updated from the official 512 using CWM 5.0.2.7, try this, maybe it works =)

evilastharoth

May 6, 2011
I reinstalled it manually formatting system and it worked! I'm very impressed with this ROM, so far everything is working well and as always Miui is very elegant . I only have to test consumption, the previous ROM managed to suck only 3%/hour with 3G always on, let's see :)
Btw does anyone know what the Chinese apps do?? There are only 3 apps that have remained in Chinese but I don't know if I can safely remove them. One seems a clock, one a network traffic meter and one I absolutely don't know.
A last thing: the search button isn't seen as it should but it opens the camera instead. Not a big problem, but do you know if it's possible to change its behaviour?
Thanks a lot for having taken us this ROM, is a very nice addendum for the U8800pro!

Top Liked Posts