Help a new Sensation owner choose a rom :)

Search This thread

bradmax57

Jul 9, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi just got my sensation today to replace my aging Desire :)

Ive already S-OFF and rooted the handset and installed clockwork mod recovery but have no idea which rom to try. Ideally I want an ICS rom but need one that fully works, the main thing I need is a fully working camera (unlike the ones on the desire) if there is such a rom not too bothered about sense although it is nice, but I quite like the look and feel of ASOP ICS too

I know I need to flash a new firmware on my handset before flashing an ICS rom, failing that what about any GB roms?

k0zmic

Jul 16, 2010
London
ARHD has good ICS and Gingerbread ROM's. Everything works with them.

There's plenty others like RCMix too.

bradmax57

Jul 9, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
Another couple of questions.

Do I need to do the SuperCID thing?

Ive rooted, installed 4ext and s-off'd and have also just unlocked my phone so can use any simcard.

Next i keep reading about the superwipe script but I cant seem to find it can someone possibly link me to that?

Thanks again

also think im going to try Darkforest 6.0.0 :)

papete

Jul 27, 2008
Rock solid

Actually ARHD is not a good example for a "fully working" camera. ARHD with GB uses Faux's Kernel as default that actually has a bug with the camera (freezes the phone if you power off the phone with the camera on). If you want no problems, rock solid performance with your phone, I do recommend a ROM with an official HTC RUU as base (Build 1.73 being the latest official GB), working with a stock Kernel. From which dev, that's up to you....
Personally I do not use ICS yet as it doesn't support all the features I'm using with GB.

bradmax57

Jul 9, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
Actually ARHD is not a good example for a "fully working" camera. ARHD with GB uses Faux's Kernel as default that actually has a bug with the camera (freezes the phone if you power off the phone with the camera on). If you want no problems, rock solid performance with your phone, I do recommend a ROM with an official HTC RUU as base (Build 1.73 being the latest official GB), working with a stock Kernel. From which dev, that's up to you....
Personally I do not use ICS yet as it doesn't support all the features I'm using with GB.

Ok thanks for that, will have a look at some GB ones, which do you recommend? Also do I need to do the SuperCID procedure?

rickyiswhite

Apr 30, 2011
Marshallton
If you want stock aosp use Virtuous Inquisition...

If you want sense use Insertcoin
Im currentley running insertcoin and its so smooth

Sent from my insertcoined Sensation 4G with Beats Audio

Reactions: bradmax57

goatee84

Feb 21, 2012
Victoria
Another couple of questions.

Do I need to do the SuperCID thing?

Ive rooted, installed 4ext and s-off'd and have also just unlocked my phone so can use any simcard.

Next i keep reading about the superwipe script but I cant seem to find it can someone possibly link me to that?

Thanks again

also think im going to try Darkforest 6.0.0 :)

If you haven't already found it, superwipe download is near the bottom of OP of this thread.

I've been using it since day one with no problems.

If you're thinking of going with DarkForest I can highly recommend it, it's what I've been on for a while :)

SuperCID, read this thread. If you don't SuperCID you just have to make sure any firmware etc you use is specific to your CID (maybe check out this thread), with SuperCID anything for the Sensation will work for you ;)

zanganno

Jul 27, 2010
Santiago
Android Revolution HD should be your choice, was my choice few months ago and I don't regret. mike will upgrade to 6.5.1 tonight, if you still has not changed your rom this is the moment to do it. ;)

viroscope

Dec 12, 2009
Illinois
viroscope.tumblr.com
If you would like the best rom, In my opinion it's an Extreme Sensation rom. There are both the sense and no sense flavor's.

Look at my signature it will give you all the information you need ( going to the site below the QR code will also link you to all the resources you need to install it )

gachana

Feb 23, 2012
Finfine
There are plenty of Roms for Sensation. I am using ARHD and I did not try others. I am happy with ARHD Rom except that I could not use reverse tethering. Hope will be fixed in future releases.

bradmax57

Jul 9, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
OMG!!! What have I done, yesterday I rooted and supercid my phone but was having problems after flashing Darkforest, so today after reading the recomendations I thought id try android revolution hd, read the install guide and thought went through the procedure of upgrading the firmware, as i was supercid i downloaded what I believed to be an unlocked 3.32 but when upgrading it I noticed this screen

IMAG0025-1.jpg

I'm still S-off and can still install custom roms but what does it mean for me?

BioTecK

Jun 26, 2009
Eindhoven
www.bioteck.net
OMG!!! What have I done, yesterday I rooted and supercid my phone but was having problems after flashing Darkforest, so today after reading the recomendations I thought id try android revolution hd, read the install guide and thought went through the procedure of upgrading the firmware, as i was supercid i downloaded what I believed to be an unlocked 3.32 but when upgrading it I noticed this screen

IMAG0025-1.jpg

I'm still S-off and can still install custom roms but what does it mean for me?

Nothing to worry about! You're still good to flash ARHD! ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want stock aosp use Virtuous Inquisition...

If you want sense use Insertcoin
    Im currentley running insertcoin and its so smooth

Sent from my insertcoined Sensation 4G with Beats Audio