[ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Search This thread

s0epkip

Nov 15, 2010
Can anyone tell me is v2.0 of this rom does or does not have TP wake and/or TP unlock? If not, I'm going for the Froyo version, fastest (least slow) Sense rom out there!

s0epkip

Nov 15, 2010
Thanks, will try 2.0 then! If I miss TP unlock too much, I'll revert to 1.0.2 Froyo.

Coming from Sense 3.x, but the lag compared to this rom is killing me :p

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
Thanks, will try 2.0 then! If I miss TP unlock too much, I'll revert to 1.0.2 Froyo.

Coming from Sense 3.x, but the lag compared to this rom is killing me :p

I always found with TP unlock that I accidentally unlocked the phone getting it out of my pocket, and in the end just wanted TP wake.

What I would like is TP sleep as well. I used it on the 3.5 Roms and its helps when the phone is on the car holder.

maus01

Mar 11, 2011
Is it possible to overclock the 1.0.2. Version, i love how smooth it runs, but somethime 800mhz is to slow,

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

maus01

Mar 11, 2011
stuck at htc boot screen

:confused:how is it possible that my phone is stuck at the HTC boot screen, it only happens on this rom and the version of tun4fish's sense rom, the weird thing is that a few months ago i could install this rom from RMK, somebody help me please,

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
:confused:how is it possible that my phone is stuck at the HTC boot screen, it only happens on this rom and the version of tun4fish's sense rom, the weird thing is that a few months ago i could install this rom from RMK, somebody help me please,

2 days ago i flashed and i am running v2.0.0. maybe bad download or you need dz hboot.

Does anyone know if a crt on/off animation exist or a sense 3.0 rosie(3D)

I have the lockscreen and the weather from sense 3.0 their are a lot of posts to search 1 by 1. if someone have some adds please post it. thank you.
i realise that the only rom that can be stable and reall smooth is this rom. hope a fully sense 4 rom come out quikly.

TP LED not working. i remember that works, but now?

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
TP LED not working. i remember that works, but now?

If you flash something from sense 3 over the original rom probably you overwrite something of the framework, and probably you broken some functionality (like trackpad led)

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Is it possible to overclock the 1.0.2. Version, i love how smooth it runs, but somethime 800mhz is to slow,

Try installing OC/UV beater app, or setCPU.
If you can't overclock you have to find a compatible kernel with OC feature.
I think that virtuous sense 1.0.2 was based on froyo ?

Reactions: masterismos

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
If you flash something from sense 3 over the original rom probably you overwrite something of the framework, and probably you broken some functionality (like trackpad led)

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Try installing OC/UV beater app, or setCPU.
If you can't overclock you have to find a compatible kernel with OC feature.
I think that virtuous sense 1.0.2 was based on froyo ?

Thank you. Yes I flashed crt animations sense 3 lockscreen, weather a personal uot. How can I get the light working again? Do you know how can I keep my modifications plus the tp led?

send from other space.

maus01

Mar 11, 2011
I do have the dz hboot, but iam currently running ciulmagic gingerbread desire Rom. And this Rom is working fine. Could it have something to do with CWR toutch

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Thank you. Yes I flashed crt animations sense 3 lockscreen, weather a personal uot. How can I get the light working again? Do you know how can I keep my modifications plus the tp led?

send from other space.

I don't know. I suppose the problem is services.jar or framework.jar or framewor-res.apk (probably not).
I see a market app to enable tp notification, and that program enable it by changing services.jar! (but works only with few roms and I don't think it works on htc vision)

Try to change your services.jar pushing the origianl services.jar of virtuous sense, using adb push.
(make backup before)

Good luck and let me know!

monomer888

Sep 20, 2009

send from other space.

Wow you've flashed a lot of mods on your ROM! :)

I don't think there's a simple answer to your problem, because the Desire Z trackpad glow function isn't high on most people's priorities when they make a mod.

Back when I still had my Desire Z and was playing around with the Sense 3.0 lockscreen files, I found that the stock Desire Z sense messaging app was not compatible with the Sense 3.0 lockscreen - for example, information would not show on the lockscreen when a new text came in. So what had to be done was to replace the entire app with one that worked with the lockscreen. Unfortunately, those that worked come from a different device that didn't support the trackpad glow.

As a result the trackpad glow no longer worked for notifications for SMS and MMS (it blinked the top green LED instead). This was also true of missed calls if the mod also replaced the Phone and Dialer apks. In the mod I used, the email and alarm clock apps were left alone, so trackpad notification still worked for them.

As I'm not familiar with the other mods you've flashed, it's entirely possible that trackpad LED glow functionality may be broken in more than one place. Hopefully someone might come along with a solution for you.

Reactions: masterismos

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
I don't know. I suppose the problem is services.jar or framework.jar or framewor-res.apk (probably not).
I see a market app to enable tp notification, and that program enable it by changing services.jar! (but works only with few roms and I don't think it works on htc vision)

Try to change your services.jar pushing the origianl services.jar of virtuous sense, using adb push.
(make backup before)

ok thanks. if i paste it with root explorer and chmod 644 it or give permissions rw,r,r is the same?

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos

(make backup before)

if i restore the original service.jar i will loose the crt animations

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Virtuous Sense is a custom ROM for the HTC Vision series of phones (G2, DesireZ, etc). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Desire-Z Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements. Virtuous started on the HTC Droid Incredible and is currently one of the most popular ROMs for that device. Virtuous for the Incredible has over 6000 users with an established reputation for stability; which we intend to continue for Vision users.

Features
    • Based off the official DesireZ Sense ROM (WWE 2.42.405.2), deodexed and zipaligned.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• Wifi calling included and fully functional, conditionally installed for T-Mobile USA users only.
    • Optical trackpad unlock/wake.

• Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.

• Virtuous Sense custom kernel with overclocking daemon (no need for SetCPU/Tuner). Screen Off: 245760 / 599040 (conservative). Screen On: 245760 / 998400 (ondemand).

• IO optimizations such as use of ext4 for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Updated versions of all Market-available apps.

• All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.

• Added applications: ChromeToPhone, Google Voice and Titanium Backup. Since these are Market apps, they are automatically installed in /data/app for easy removal if desired.

• Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.

• Disabled boot animation audio.

• Automatic Virtuous OTA upgrade notification and installation via ROM Manager.

Official Support Disclaimer

Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.
    Reserved for future use.
    I made a flashable version of the newest OTA (2.42.405.4). We have no idea what the changelog looks like, so don't expect anything too different. What this is:

- the 2.42.405.4 OTA patches merged into the 2.42.405.2 RUU.
    - rooted
    - deodexed
    - zipaligned
    - busybox added
    - init.d support added

Nothing else. No bloat removed, no custom kernel, no OC daemon, etc. Flash it via recovery (CWM/4EXT). It won't modify your radio or anything like that.

http://minus.com/lIsMOuefCcPeC

md5: A1DE1D5F6D549068CA47BE6EA0E0CE58

Please don't contact me for support. Feel free to base whatever you want on this.
    Version 0.8.0 is now available! Please note that a full wipe is required prior to installation, as the this is a completely new version of Sense.

This release represents a huge amount of work. We had to redo the entire ROM and ran into several complicated bugs. Quite honestly, the last bug was so frustrating we were about to give up. Fortunately we did not and are able to bring you the absolute latest version of Sense based on Android 2.2.1.

Enjoy!