2.3.4 ZergRush

Search This thread

Phryxus

Jan 2, 2012
theironforge
Alright, with my 2.3.4 update I have tested ZergRush method of rooting and here is my result:

"01/004/2012 13:04:48 - INFO - Connected device : R800
01/004/2012 13:04:48 - INFO - Installed version of busybox : N/A
01/004/2012 13:04:48 - INFO - Android version : 2.3.4 / kernel version : 2.6.32.9-perf
01/004/2012 13:04:53 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\.\devices\R800\busybox\1.19.0\busybox to /data/local/tmp/busybox
01/004/2012 13:04:54 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\.\custom\root\zergrush.tar.uue to /data/local/tmp
01/004/2012 13:04:55 - INFO - Running part1 of Root Exploit, please wait
01/005/2012 13:05:14 - INFO - Waiting for device
01/006/2012 13:06:14 - INFO - Forced stop waiting.
01/006/2012 13:06:14 - INFO - Running part2 of Root Exploit
01/006/2012 13:06:14 - INFO - Running rootit2
01/006/2012 13:06:14 - ERROR - Cleaning rootit files
Mounting /system R/W
FTError

01/006/2012 13:06:14 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\.\devices\R800\busybox\1.19.0\busybox to /data/local/tmp/busybox
01/006/2012 13:06:15 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\.\custom\root\psneuter.tar.uue to /data/local/tmp
01/006/2012 13:06:15 - INFO - Running part1 of Root Exploit, please wait
01/006/2012 13:06:15 - INFO - Running rootit
01/006/2012 13:06:17 - INFO - Waiting for device"

It eventually froze at waiting for device doing both methods.

savage24x

Jul 5, 2011
Well our error is with the rootit files. This means we have to bypass security again.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

Last edited:

Phryxus

Jan 2, 2012
theironforge
Well our error is with the rootkit files. This means we have to bypass security again.

My question is why does it matter if we have root? God forbid we want to remove Verizon Crapps and feel like we own our phones. It's the same with AT&T not allowing any type of unlocked phone on their network.

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
My question is why does it matter if we have root? God forbid we want to remove Verizon Crapps and feel like we own our phones. It's the same with AT&T not allowing any type of unlocked phone on their network.

If you remove the Verizon apps, that's less of an opportunity for Verizon to make money off of you. They also talk about security issues, which I can actually see a point to it. After having had my father destroy a computer by deleting system files and registry keys, I believe that root access in the hands of the technologically illiterate could be devastating.

However, that's why they can claim that warranties are voided, because it was something we did to mess it up. Frankly speaking, it's business. They pay people to develop these apps, and the OEMs pay people to make the user interface, which I'm sure is why they like to lock the bootloaders. In other words, companies like to make money, which means they're going to try their hardest to make sure they have every opportunity to.

kelvenha55

Nov 20, 2009
I posted in the other forum too but maybe I can get some answers here too...

So.. I was on stock 2.3.3 rooted with locked bootloader. Took the OTA without unrooting and now I seem to be on the new 2.3.4 with root. Root checker app confirms it, how do I verify this?

Edit: I used titanium to remove a system app and used open garden and was prompted with the superuser screen

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

savage24x

Jul 5, 2011
I posted in the other forum too but maybe I can get some answers here too...

So.. I was on stock 2.3.3 rooted with locked bootloader. Took the OTA without unrooting and now I seem to be on the new 2.3.4 with root. Root checker app confirms it, how do I verify this?

Edit: I used titanium to remove a system app and used open garden and was prompted with the superuser screen

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Show us the about phone screen.

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove

A big part of it is that the carriers don't wanna receive calls from people who did something stupid after rooting, and want repair/replacement.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away

Aug 3, 2010
Your Mum's House
In preparation for 2.3.4 I flashed a stock 2.3.3, rerooted, then went ahead with the OTA. It kept root but for some reason my signal and wifi indicators are now a constant gray. Everything works fine so I guess its nothing major right?

Last edited:

jjalbert

May 3, 2012
In preparation for 2.3.4 I flashed a stock 2.3.3, rerooted, then went ahead with the OTA. It kept root but for some reason my signal and wifi indicators are now a constant gray. Everything works fine so I guess its nothing major right?

I have the same issue. Called Verizon to see if it was part of the update, they called Sony "who could not tell" but said "if everything is working, dont worry about it."

I had the Verizon 2.3.3 firmare, and rooted with zregRush. Before the OTA I read that it would fail with root, so I unrooted the phone. Started having a couple issues, so minor I do not remember what they were, but ended up using flashtool to reflash the stock image I downloaded. Everything was fine then, my icons were turning green when connected, and all. Then did the OTA, and everything is working but the icons for wifi and 3g never go green. Is there any more word on this? Is there any futher word on zeregRush rooting?

I have the doomloard linux script to to the root process, and I tried to run the commands instead of the script, I found that I was unable to create or pus files to the device, so I tried to use the sdcard, but when running the zregRus program all I get is access denied!

Phryxus

Jan 2, 2012
theironforge
I have the same issue. Called Verizon to see if it was part of the update, they called Sony "who could not tell" but said "if everything is working, dont worry about it."

I had the Verizon 2.3.3 firmare, and rooted with zregRush. Before the OTA I read that it would fail with root, so I unrooted the phone. Started having a couple issues, so minor I do not remember what they were, but ended up using flashtool to reflash the stock image I downloaded. Everything was fine then, my icons were turning green when connected, and all. Then did the OTA, and everything is working but the icons for wifi and 3g never go green. Is there any more word on this? Is there any futher word on zeregRush rooting?

I have the doomloard linux script to to the root process, and I tried to run the commands instead of the script, I found that I was unable to create or pus files to the device, so I tried to use the sdcard, but when running the zregRus program all I get is access denied!

Sorry to quote your whole reply. I'm currently mobile. I have the same greyed out issue and turns out a lot of people are having this issue with 2.3.4 on other phones. Galaxy Nexus for exmaple. They are all using stock like most of us with R800x. My Wifi and 3G do work flawless but its annoying because I can never tell if its lost signal or not.

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Sorry to quote your whole reply. I'm currently mobile. I have the same greyed out issue and turns out a lot of people are having this issue with 2.3.4 on other phones. Galaxy Nexus for exmaple. They are all using stock like most of us with R800x. My Wifi and 3G do work flawless but its annoying because I can never tell if its lost signal or not.

Check G-Talk, if that can't connect, that's the issue (I had the issue on a non-rooted version, too)

Pax

jjalbert

May 3, 2012
I checked G-Talk, and no it can not connect to the server. Is this an issue I can fix(reload app, factory reset??) or is this something in the update?

BTW I have locked bootloader, never messed with that! Did root, 2.3.3 also had an issue were I used flashtool to load the R800x_3.0.1.E.0.88_Verizon.ftf so I guess I am not quite sure if I was running a stock image before I did the OTA to 2.3.4?

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
BTW I have locked bootloader, never messed with that! Did root, 2.3.3 also had an issue were I used flashtool to load the R800x_3.0.1.E.0.88_Verizon.ftf so I guess I am not quite sure if I was running a stock image before I did the OTA to 2.3.4?

If you ftf'd back to stock, you were on a unrooted device when you updated, so root isn't the problem :p

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jjalbert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I checked G-Talk, and no it can not connect to the server. Is this an issue I can fix(reload app, factory reset??) or is this something in the update?

To my knowledge, something in the update, I tried flashing latest Gapps, and still have the same problem

If you ftf'd back to stock, you were on a unrooted device when you updated, so root isn't the problem :p

I did not think root was an issue, I was sure it was a verizon screw up! Can you confirm for me that the tft I used is a stock version? I was not sure were it had been downloaded from the forums if it was modified in any way. It is nice to see I have a SMARTPHONE so smart that I HAVE TO SYNC my google stuff now:( I think I am going to tft back to 2.3.3 and wait till I hear good news before any more updates??

Ftf files will only flash if they haven't been changed :p