[MOD] Universal "Beats" \ Audio EQ Add-On

Search This thread

earlyberd

Mar 29, 2010
What for? Beats is just a software EQ, and not even a good one at that. PowerAMP has much more features if you're looking for a software EQ for your music.

Or you can just buy a better set of headphones, then install a custom kernel and enable the high performance audio mode.

Reactions: vwpiper

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
No beats is not just software... this mod has lib audio files and bin files... I've used it on my epic and it sounded quite a bit better. Clearer... I have the full deal on my laptop and it blows away my phone with a software EQ.

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus via XDA Premium

io53

Oct 25, 2010
No beats is not just software... this mod has lib audio files and bin files... I've used it on my epic and it sounded quite a bit better. Clearer... I have the full deal on my laptop and it blows away my phone with a software EQ.

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus via XDA Premium

Beats on phones is just software. Beats on laptops on the other hand has some hardware mods.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ÜBER™

Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Beats on phones is just software. Beats on laptops on the other hand has some hardware mods.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Gotcha ;). That explains some things... but i mean i could definetly tell some difference when i had it on my epic.. things cleared up. Although it could have been mostly placebo. Anyways back on topic... i just tried the samsung version and the original none of which booted... it went to the android is upgrading and then wouldn't finish... just restored my backup and all is fine again. SO nope.. cant use it :(.

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
DSP Manager > BEATS imo. And works with not just your music app but also with everything else that uses audio.

IE: Pandora, iHeart Radio, Video player, etc...

Reactions: exb0

earlyberd

Mar 29, 2010
Beats on laptops on the other hand has some hardware mods.
Nope.

Beats is the software equalizer. A shielded headphone jack and isolated circuitry are things you can find in any good desktop or laptop sound card, and the fact that they didn't exist in prior HP laptops means HP just has a history of terrible design.

ÜBER™

Nov 9, 2011
Texas
DSP Manager > BEATS imo. And works with not just your music app but also with everything else that uses audio.

Equalizer > DSP.... but i use both.. DSP for the compression and Equalizer for EQ :). I definetly miss my voodoo sound and EQ... but i guess this will do... just doesnt sound the same :( at least through my speakers.. headphones wise it sounds similar.

dadsterflip

Aug 31, 2010
Like this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337128032596.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337128032596.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 708

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol @ this thread labeled [MOD] and then see it's a question.. wow
    What for? Beats is just a software EQ, and not even a good one at that. PowerAMP has much more features if you're looking for a software EQ for your music.

Or you can just buy a better set of headphones, then install a custom kernel and enable the high performance audio mode.