[GUIDE] [Huawei Ascend G300] Unlock bootloader and gain root access.

Search This thread

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Welcome all Huawei Acend G300 users, this is a full guide prepared by me which will help you unlock your bootloader and not only that but it will help you gain root access for system modifications and root required applications.
Keep in mind, this method is not confirmed working if you're running android 2.3.x [ Gingerbread ]. So do not use this if you're running it. Also dual sim ones aren't supported from what I see it tempers with the phone, I haven't tested it but many have reported it doesn't work on dual sims.
Lets get started shall we? Firstly I have gathered up some useful resources that will help you get started. Make sure you read this guide first, from top to bottom. Then continue. As you must have a clear understanding on what you are going to attempt. If you have any queries don't hesitate to ask on the thread itself.
I have performed these exact steps and have successfully unlocked my bootloader and rooted the phone. So if you're worried. Don't be. After attempting this I haven't noticed any issues either.
Okay, first of all you will need to download Unlockbootloader ---> View attachment unlockbootloader.zip

Once you have downloaded the said .zip extract the .exe file inside the .zip to your desktop.

Continue by turning on USB debugging on your G300. if its already switched on then skip the part below..

Go into Settings>Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging option.

Once its switched on, plug your phone to the computer using a USB cable.

So far you've downloaded Unlockbootloader, have switched USB debugging on, and your phone is connected to your PC.

Now run the .exe file you have just extracted. Click "Root" and let it do everything, it will prompt up with a few warnings saying don't use your keyboard because CMD is running.

Once the setup finishes, your phone should be rooted.

Head into the app drawer, and if you see "SuperUser" you're now officially rooted.

Reboot your phone to finalize the rooting and exploits.

Ok, now for the bootloader.

Once your phone is on, and connected again to the PC with debugging mode on, run the .exe file again and this time click "Unlock BootLoader".

Wait for it to do its job, once done reboot again and you now have a Stock Rooted and Bootloader unlocked ICS phone.
If this Guide helped, don't hesitate to hit the thanks button.

Last edited:

jon sawyer

Mar 7, 2008
york
I am trying to root my Huawei g300, (from vodaom uk, unlocked) have followed your guide BUT I Have No usb debugging option anywhere under settings. Why? Still awaiting official ics update from vodaom / Huawei, impatiently.
Thanks jon

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
I am trying to root my Huawei g300, (from vodaom uk, unlocked) have followed your guide BUT I Have No usb debugging option anywhere under settings. Why? Still awaiting official ics update from vodaom / Huawei, impatiently.
Thanks jon

Settings>applications>development>usb debug

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

EmmanuelA

Sep 27, 2012
Can't Root

When I try and root my device is says "ROOT failure, please check the driver" what should I do?

PixelPixie

Jul 28, 2012
When I try and root my device is says "ROOT failure, please check the driver" what should I do?

Hi, assuming you have installed the g300 adb drivers, once the device is hanging on the boot logo and you connect the usb cable. You need to wait for windows to fully the load the adb driver before you use the unlockbootloader.exe program.

Reactions: TheArc

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland

What you have to do is,turn on debug, then power off device fully by pulling off battery then putting it back in, now you must power on by golding the volume down button and power button at the same time, this should get it to be stuck on the huawei logo screen, now plug in your USB cable and wait for you PC to detect the phone and it should automatically install the devices driver's, one its done the now open the folder and run .BAT files, If you are experiencing problems here's a link for another guide : View

biscuitpt

Sep 28, 2012
Hi,

After the "Unlock BootLoader", my phone doesn't boot. When the logo appears it stars to reboot again and never goes beyond that.

Any ideas ? Have I killed it ?

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Hi,

After the "Unlock BootLoader", my phone doesn't boot. When the logo appears it stars to reboot again and never goes beyond that.

Any ideas ? Have I killed it ?

Dou you have ics installed or gb. If gb look into my other post above urs.

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

evotaz

Jan 19, 2011
bootloop :/

Hi i tried this method and i dont know how it happened but now my phone is in a boot loop and i have no custom recovery, i cannot access anything just constant boot loop, big trouble,

does anyone have any idea?
thanks

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Hi i tried this method and i dont know how it happened but now my phone is in a boot loop and i have no custom recovery, i cannot access anything just constant boot loop, big trouble,

does anyone have any idea?
thanks

Turn ur phone completely off. By pulling out battery then apply the battery again.

Now hold volume down and power button and it should be in boot loader mode. If ur logo is stuck well this is in boot loader if not and it continues well.. idk

Sent from my Ascend G300 using Tapatalk 2

petar17

Sep 5, 2011
Hello krishneelg3,
I have tried a method on http://huaweig300.com but I'm stuck with the problem.

Installing USB drivers/Root/Backup IMEI went OK. Then by mistake I skipped the Step on page 5. Check Baseband and kept continued by Bootloader & ClockworkMod all went OK until the step 10. On page 6. After executing BootloaderG300.exe the phone rebooting cyclically, My operator screen appear for a approximately one second and the phone restarts again. How to resolve the problem and is there any hope to return to official ROM?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Hello krishneelg3,
I have tried a method on http://huaweig300.com but I'm stuck with the problem.

Installing USB drivers/Root/Backup IMEI went OK. Then by mistake I skipped the Step on page 5. Check Baseband and kept continued by Bootloader & ClockworkMod all went OK until the step 10. On page 6. After executing BootloaderG300.exe the phone rebooting cyclically, My operator screen appear for a approximately one second and the phone restarts again. How to resolve the problem and is there any hope to return to official ROM?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

What was ur baseband and were u running gingerbread?

If u r on official ics then this guide is for u, if not notify me.

PS : If you are running Gb I refer you to look into this guide, as long as your phone can boot into bootloader your fine, and I'm sure it will boot into Bloader mode : http://www.modaco.com/topic/353386-how-to-root-your-huawei-ascend-g300-for-windows-mac-and-linux/

Last edited:

petar17

Sep 5, 2011
Thanks krishneelg3,
my baseband is 109808, and I'm running GB.

The problem is that I don't know if I'm in a Bootloader mode when I see a pink screen?
When I press VOLUME DOWN + POWER it starts same as when I press POWER, first logoo (in my case picture of my operator) it lasts for about few seconds, then phone reboots and start doing it cyclically.

The other thing is that, when I press VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP + POWER, it then turns into a pink screen.

In that state (pink screen), when I plug in my phone to my PC, PC recognize my phone without reading sd card or internall memory.

So what should I do?

Thanks man, really appreciate it!

petar17

Sep 5, 2011
Guys,
I solved the problem.

I've just followed the instructions in step 5. on the site http://huaweig300.com and put a new update.app (1 KB) and copy it to the dload. After that I've used main dload (ICS folder, aprox abot 600 MB) and everything updated and installed successfully.

Thanks.

p.s. if anyone has or had the same problem, do not hesitate to ask.

stringman

Nov 21, 2005
hi all

sorry to hijack the thread

I have just got my son an ascend 300 which is locked to vodafone

its on android 2.3.6
the build number is
u881v100r001c02b892

i have a download of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 which is the ICS but i dont think that will work for my build

ideally i want ICS but dont mind too much waiting.

but i do want to be able to get of all the bloatware.

I guess i need to root to do this.

the link to the modaco site is down and it seems this is for those lucky enough to be on ICS

would i be better off upgrading to ICS then following the method above or would i be better finding a method to root under gb (If so where)

many thanks

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
hi all

sorry to hijack the thread

I have just got my son an ascend 300 which is locked to vodafone

its on android 2.3.6
the build number is
u881v100r001c02b892

i have a download of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 which is the ICS but i dont think that will work for my build

ideally i want ICS but dont mind too much waiting.

but i do want to be able to get of all the bloatware.

I guess i need to root to do this.

the link to the modaco site is down and it seems this is for those lucky enough to be on ICS

would i be better off upgrading to ICS then following the method above or would i be better finding a method to root under gb (If so where)

many thanks

OK get the official pics update b927* must be that build.

After its done downloading, extract its contents to your memorycard of the phone.

Make sure the update.app is in the root of SD card .

Then power off phone, remove battery re apply battery and hold the three buttons "volume up, volume down and the power button" until a screen pops up it will then install the stock ics once its done it'll reboot twice.

If only one it doesnt matter.

Setup the phone. Now to install b934 or newer versions use cwm for dazzozos repacks or the update force method. But I advice u to look for help on modaco. Thanks.

Modaco name : krishang3

stringman

Nov 21, 2005
krishneelg3

Thanks for that by b927* you are referring to a different version of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?
where would i be able to get this from?

so this would give me the stock ics
what is the advantage of then installing HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?

Thanks

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
krishneelg3

Thanks for that by b927* you are referring to a different version of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?

Thanks

Your on gingerbread so your baseband Is 109808 and if u flash any b934+ stock using the combinations say goodbye to your phone. I did that to my brothers and it bricked.

So to get to ice you must install b927 version of ics then your baseband will change to the new one *2030* now you can flash any b934+ stocks because you now have the new baseband.

Go to modaco and enter the G300 forums and look at the first dew pages all the info and guides you need. Procedure is simple.

Reactions: stringman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome all Huawei Acend G300 users, this is a full guide prepared by me which will help you unlock your bootloader and not only that but it will help you gain root access for system modifications and root required applications.
    Keep in mind, this method is not confirmed working if you're running android 2.3.x [ Gingerbread ]. So do not use this if you're running it. Also dual sim ones aren't supported from what I see it tempers with the phone, I haven't tested it but many have reported it doesn't work on dual sims.
    Lets get started shall we? Firstly I have gathered up some useful resources that will help you get started. Make sure you read this guide first, from top to bottom. Then continue. As you must have a clear understanding on what you are going to attempt. If you have any queries don't hesitate to ask on the thread itself.
    I have performed these exact steps and have successfully unlocked my bootloader and rooted the phone. So if you're worried. Don't be. After attempting this I haven't noticed any issues either.
    Okay, first of all you will need to download Unlockbootloader ---> View attachment unlockbootloader.zip

Once you have downloaded the said .zip extract the .exe file inside the .zip to your desktop.

Continue by turning on USB debugging on your G300. if its already switched on then skip the part below..

Go into Settings>Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging option.

Once its switched on, plug your phone to the computer using a USB cable.

So far you've downloaded Unlockbootloader, have switched USB debugging on, and your phone is connected to your PC.

Now run the .exe file you have just extracted. Click "Root" and let it do everything, it will prompt up with a few warnings saying don't use your keyboard because CMD is running.

Once the setup finishes, your phone should be rooted.

Head into the app drawer, and if you see "SuperUser" you're now officially rooted.

Reboot your phone to finalize the rooting and exploits.

Ok, now for the bootloader.

Once your phone is on, and connected again to the PC with debugging mode on, run the .exe file again and this time click "Unlock BootLoader".

Wait for it to do its job, once done reboot again and you now have a Stock Rooted and Bootloader unlocked ICS phone.
    If this Guide helped, don't hesitate to hit the thanks button.

Hi, assuming you have installed the g300 adb drivers, once the device is hanging on the boot logo and you connect the usb cable. You need to wait for windows to fully the load the adb driver before you use the unlockbootloader.exe program.
    krishneelg3

Thanks

Your on gingerbread so your baseband Is 109808 and if u flash any b934+ stock using the combinations say goodbye to your phone. I did that to my brothers and it bricked.

So to get to ice you must install b927 version of ics then your baseband will change to the new one *2030* now you can flash any b934+ stocks because you now have the new baseband.

Go to modaco and enter the G300 forums and look at the first dew pages all the info and guides you need. Procedure is simple.
    thanks for that

I did head over there after your first post but it was down and being impatient I thought I would hassle you!
    Its strange, having had about 4 HTC's myself My first call will always be XDA

thanks again
    Re: [GUIDE] Huawei Ascend G300 Rooting & Bootloader for Stock ICS

heya guys i am planing to install ICS rom on my huawei g300 i found a guide but i have a question , my phone was locked on Vip carrier and i unlocked it via IMEI codes will it lock when i flash the ICS ?

There are some reports of the cm10.1 ROM unlocking network Sim locked phones. Look it up on modaco g300 forum.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/360515-[JB]-[4.2.2]-CyanogenMod-10.1-[ROM]-[Last-updated:-16/02]

[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [Last updated: 16/02]

Sent from my Ascend G300 using xda app-developers app