suddenly lost many files and folders from the phone but phone does uses space for it

Search This thread

muid02

Jul 1, 2012
Dhaka
Please help me. I have many songs, movies and many imp files and documents in the internal storage and suddenly all is gone. Though it shows that it takes the space. Last night I connected my phone to the pc to copy a kernel modules into my phone. I copied and flash and the phone went into bootloop. Then I flashed the previous kernel I was using-ncx and it booted normally. Then I realized many files are missing but the phone is using the space for those. Then o rebooted and flashed the kernle again thinking that it was a kernel issue. After o rebooted I got everything. Then the whole night everything was normal. When I woke up I saw that the same thing happened aagin after a reboot. I rebooted because sound was my playing. It said unable to play media. It rebooted and sound played but the same files where again missing. The I flashed stock kernel. Still the same. Then downloaded viper Rom 3.3.6 and flashed it with and without full wipe and still the same. Please help anyone. I don't have a backup of these missing files and its very urgent.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
What happends when you mount the sdcard as a mass storage device inside the recovery ? That way you go around the rom and see the space and hopefully the files directly ! Then at least we can say its a rom problem and not sdcard problem !

muid02

Jul 1, 2012
Dhaka
What happends when you mount the sdcard as a mass storage device inside the recovery ? That way you go around the rom and see the space and hopefully the files directly ! Then at least we can say its a rom problem and not sdcard problem !
I tried that but it shows the same files and folders that it shows inside the Rom.

D3VICE

Dec 4, 2010
Grozny
When you have your phone mounted to your PC.

Control Panel -> Folder Options -> Select "Show hidden files/folders".

See what that does for you.

SwitchAxe

Feb 17, 2013
Did you try to flash a 4.2 rom? 4.2 rom's usually move your data from /sdcard/ to /sdcard/0/ or something, which might explain why you cant see the data when you flashed your previous rom.

muid02

Jul 1, 2012
Dhaka
When connected to pc and show hidden files. Nothing happens. I already had viper Rom since it released. After copying files from of pc it happened suddenly. I thought reflashing the Rom would solve but no. The titanium backup folder is also gone. The sd card does uses space so I think the files are recoverable. Please help me to recover them. Please.

muid02

Jul 1, 2012
Dhaka
I found something. The files are still there in the internal storage but not directly in the sd card. It automatically got moved in to a new folder>>> sdcard/0/
Everything is there. How to solve this issue? Make my phone recognize that folder as internal storage or just make it like before?

tomascus

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2012
Melbourne
I found something. The files are still there in the internal storage but not directly in the sd card. It automatically got moved in to a new folder>>> sdcard/0/
Everything is there. How to solve this issue? Make my phone recognize that folder as internal storage or just make it like before?

Lol that happened to me when I flashed my kernel unrepacked. just move everything back to /sdcard

areestocrat

Dec 25, 2011
Sdcard/0 is a file structure that happen when you flash 4.2 roms because of the multi user feature. When you flash other roms make sure you copy all files from sdcard/0 to the root folder before flashing

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app