[Q] Samsung Galaxy xCover S5690 ROOT

Search This thread

870deans

Feb 12, 2012
No clockwork mod recovery no custom roms as of yet. there is a overclock kernel on another forum that tried to flash but didn't work. Seems very difficult for developers to port anything for this device as as far as i know there's no development at the moment

Reactions: Navoj042175

bANONYMOUS

Dec 30, 2011
Canada, Earth.
Has anyone been able to get a successful download of Universal GB ROOT v26??! My little brothers phone is full of Rogers junk and he wants to clean it up a bit and remove the blotware and from what I've been reading, v26 is what seems to be the best but all of the threads, sites, downloads I've found all link to the same two sites which require you to do a survey to download. I tried one link and the surveys won't open and on the second site all of the surveys want my mobile number and in the fine print it says there are additional charges of $5 CAD or more so screw that..

Does anyone have something like it that is confirmed working for this phone? I tried the ones in this thread and every single one gives me and error saying "error: status 7" so I'm at a loss on what to do.

I'm nearing the point of just getting rid of his phone and buying a Nexus 4 and calling it a day, I spent all day looking into this and I've nearly given up at this point.

Any idea's? It's a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Touch, it's he Canadian variant (GT-S5690M/GT-S5690R) of the xCover (GT-S5690) so this should work just fine and I get the same error every time with every method in this thread. The only one I haven't tried is Universal GB ROOT v26 but I can't download it, the survey's just will not work for me on multiple computers so I think the host sites are broken.

Any other alternatives to this I could try?

L

LastStandingDroid

Has anyone been able to get a successful download of Universal GB ROOT v26??! My little brothers phone is full of Rogers junk and he wants to clean it up a bit and remove the blotware and from what I've been reading, v26 is what seems to be the best but all of the threads, sites, downloads I've found all link to the same two sites which require you to do a survey to download. I tried one link and the surveys won't open and on the second site all of the surveys want my mobile number and in the fine print it says there are additional charges of $5 CAD or more so screw that..

Does anyone have something like it that is confirmed working for this phone? I tried the ones in this thread and every single one gives me and error saying "error: status 7" so I'm at a loss on what to do.

I'm nearing the point of just getting rid of his phone and buying a Nexus 4 and calling it a day, I spent all day looking into this and I've nearly given up at this point.

Any idea's? It's a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Touch, it's he Canadian variant (GT-S5690M/GT-S5690R) of the xCover (GT-S5690) so this should work just fine and I get the same error every time with every method in this thread. The only one I haven't tried is Universal GB ROOT v26 but I can't download it, the survey's just will not work for me on multiple computers so I think the host sites are broken.

Any other alternatives to this I could try?

Is it root you need? maybe not that difficult i'll try :)

heres a working root zip http://www.mediafire.com/?evpat96iaoouo4t flash with stock recovery

Last edited:

neveryman

Jun 27, 2013
Ok I got Ext2 working, any recovery digestion?

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using xda premium

How did you manage Link2SD w ext2 ? Does stock kernel recognize ext2 ?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

tacobanana88

Jul 16, 2013
worked

Worked fine on a norwegian (telenor) GT-S5690 with newest firmware per this posts date. Wiped cache+factory reset ,then applied v5 patched for 5690.
Thanks.

pontiac70

Aug 5, 2013
Totally hard bricked GT-S5690

Hello guys, thank you for letting me in to your forum. This post may have been answered somewhere, but I haven't found it...

The phone is a brick. Odin broke it halfway trough upload, so it's stuck in logo (the first text logo, Samsung Xcover etc...), but charges and shows freezed battery icon when plugged in. USB Jig doesn't work, which has been mentioned here before. But: it identifies itself as a TAVOR OBM USB modem manufactured by MARVELL when running dmesg on it and it does seem to be able to connect via cmc_acm driver. Vendor ID shows, and it connects and disconnects properly. So, since I can contact some kind of serial USB modem, any suggestions? Telnet? Any other serial communication possibilities?

I know it's an old phone, but since it's so rugged it would be fun to get it up and running again. And maybe this could work on other hard bricked models too, I don't know. And maybe this is the wrong thread, but I'm sorry in that case and would be happy to be corrected in that case.

Thanks!

m2]iceman

Dec 24, 2009
Plovdiv
Can't root the phone

I have baseband version S5690XXLA2 and I cant seem to root the phone. When I install the zip from recovery it says it updated fine and that the phone is rooted but in reality it is not when I boot :(

Elite

Jul 25, 2005
Hi,

tried to use:
Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip

for some reason this doesn't work for my
PDA: S5690LUBLA3
PHONE: S5690LUBLA3
CSC: S5690LUUBLA1

I keep on getting installation aborted at the end of the "update from SD" at recovery.
what could be the reason on this... care to elaborate?

and finally I tried the:
universal_gb_root_v25.zip

and the rooted seems to work but I'm not sure as this is my first time root attempt, could anyone explain me what sort of things that I should pay attention to for confirming that the rooting process is completed.
for example, if we use the "Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip", when completed it should shows the "superuser" icon on your device (not in my case tho, as I couldn't get it sucessful in my device).
but what about universal_gb_root_v25.zip? any icon should appears if it sucessfully rooted your device?

thanks

crusader0601

Dec 29, 2011
rooting xcover

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and want to root my xcover 5690

I tried to read all the pages but it isn't clear for me what the whole procedure is.
Is there someone who can create a sort of procedure for rooting my xcover (including download links) so it is easier to root the phone ?

Thanks in advance

Patrik

xkawer

Jan 3, 2013
Is there someone who can create a sort of procedure for rooting my xcover (including download links) so it is easier to root the phone ?

Yes

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=www.android-hilfe.de/2696976-post1.html&act=url

The linked download page is full with other phones, so go here and take the KERUK_Samsung_Root-only_xxxx.7z (or the KERUK_Samsung_Root_and_BusyBox_xxxx.7z if you need busybox).

Nerdfest

Nov 21, 2009
UnRoot

It seems that you have a newer fw version (LA6 = 2012 january build #6). I have KL3 (that is 2011 december build #3). But it should make no difference. Only the recovery program can possibly affect the install process. My Xcover came with the "Android system recovery 3e" version installed (check the top line of text while in recovery).

Please post the error messages that you encounter while installing the update.

Multumesc/thanks!

No need to rename the Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip to update.zip (at least in my case).

TO ALL:
- in order to access the standard recovery program that came with the phone, you can fire up an "adb reboot recovery" command with the phone connected via micro-usb cable AND the "USB debugging" option enabled;
- I've also applied the UNROOT update and it also worked: the root access was removed (sqlite3, su*, sh, busybox and the Superuser.apk were removed) .

I realize that this is a long time after the original message, but you mention applying the UNROOT. Is there an UnRoot zip update? I have a Rugby in a state where the system apps have been corrupted or something. It's rooted, and will boot after wiping the data partition, but after the first boot, it gets stuck at the 'Samsung' part of the boot screen. I can't reboot into the bootloader from adb, su gives a seg fault when running it from adb, etc. I was looking for a way to return it to as much of a stock state as possible. I haven't found a stock rom image yet, but flashable unroot zip would be helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've finally managed to root the son of a *****! I used the Universal GB Root kit but with a small modification: I've added the GT-S5690 phone model to the getprop statements at the beginning of the file "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script" assuming that it should work as well on this Samsung model. Well... it did work!

Here is the patched version of Universal GB Root:
    Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip
    Mirror:
    http://uploading.com/files/8m63916d/Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip/

Here is the code (in red) that I've added to the "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script":
    Code:
           getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B7510"[COLOR="Red"] ||
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5690" ||
           getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-S5690"[/COLOR]
           );

Please post some feedback here, whether you succeed or not to root the phone using this workaround. I will let StoneBoyTony know about this, so he can integrate it in the official release of the Universal GB Root tool, if the solution proves to be stable and usable (so far I am the first to confirm that it works).

Regards,
    Cristian
    Hello , to get into recovery mode i tried this :

- press volume up, home button and power, then release power button and keep the rest until recovery mode appears.
    Tried so far (without success):
    zergRush -> failure (operation not permitted)
    DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su -> failure
    SuperOneClick v2.3.3 -> failure
    adb reboot recovery (stock recovery), install update from sdcard, Universal_GB_ROOT.zip -> failure

My S5690 is running Android 2.3.6
    baseband: S5690XXKL3
    kernel: 2.6.35.7 official.alkon@androide #25
    version number: GINGERBREAD.XXKL3
    CSC: S5690OXFKL2
    simlocked on: orange romania

Please help!
    My intention is to actually remove the SIM lock, but I need access to nv_data.bin in order to search for the unlock code.

Regards.
    Patched it to make it work on Latin American version (S5690L)

This will also work on S5690.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15110285/Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690L.zip
    Mirror: http://uploading.com/files/8m63916d/Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip/

xenux55: most likely you have an incomplete file. Please test it on your PC using WinZip/7Zip or any other archive manager BEFORE you try to install it via the phone's recovery interface.

uhugyorgy: are you sure that bml15 is the file in charge with the sim lock on Galaxy Xcover S5690 phone model?