Slightly interested in this phone!

Search This thread

katamari201

Oct 18, 2011
I'm sorta interested in this phone because of the camera. Anyone working on or know of an android port being worked up for this guy?

There's no such thing. People have enough time just hacking Windows Phone. You'll probably have to wait until Microsoft abandons WP and Nokia is free to make Android phones. At least a few more years. Microsoft has lots of money.

kaslopis

Sep 7, 2013
Orem
There's no such thing. People have enough time just hacking Windows Phone. You'll probably have to wait until Microsoft abandons WP and Nokia is free to make Android phones. At least a few more years. Microsoft has lots of money.

Here's to hoping such a thing does come true some time in the near future. "Nokita" is trying to wrestle Nokia from Microsoft because they know the OS is garbage. :mad:

I would love to have this camera phone at concerts and other low light situations.:rolleyes:

donalgodon

Jan 10, 2010
Here's to hoping such a thing does come true some time in the near future. "Nokita" is trying to wrestle Nokia from Microsoft because they know the OS is garbage. :mad:

I would love to have this camera phone at concerts and other low light situations.:rolleyes:

I came to this thread for the same reasons as the OP.

So, in short, there's no way to hack Android onto the 1020 (yet)?

Are there regular updates and/or leaked ROMs for Windows Phone OS?

Never seen Windows Phone myself (other than a few seconds in videos and still pics) but why does it suck in your view?

cambo1

Mar 15, 2012
Auckland
I find windows very slick. I have come from Symbian, which I liked and also tried android which I didn't like. The 1020 is a very smooth phone with a great camera. The only complaint I hear from people is the app store, but to be honest that not an issue for me as I don't buy phones for the apps.

jasongw

Having owned many Android devices, and having come from being a 2.5 year iPhone user, I have to laugh at your comment. Windows Phone 8 is nowhere near "Garbage", and your statement is a clear indicator that you haven't used it and your opinion on the matter is of no value. WP, unlike Android, is fast, stable and consistent across devices. It offers unique features, and unlike Android, isn't hobbled by yet another copy of the 30+ year old Xerox Parc UI paradigm.

Nokia's board has approved the sale, thankfully. There will never, EVER be a Nokia phone with Android, and that's a GOOD thing. Android is a crap OS for anyone but people who like to endlessly **** with their phone. For people who like their devices to be highly usable, stable, reliable and work-focused, Windows Phone is a far better choice.

I personally abandoned Android on tablets and iOS on everything, and I won't be going back. Windows offers a better experience, kiddies.

mobi

Nov 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA USA

You know, I don't care what phone you use. Android, IOS, whatever (I've had them all). Different phones will have ups and downs depending on your usage. They all have something that we like and something that we don't and its up to you to choose which is best for you but if I'm being honest, you're statement just makes you sound like a total knob head. It's baseless dribble and obviously from someone that's never used WP8 in any kind of serious fashion.

You can knock the apps which by the way are increasing everyday as people realize that this is a real OS, but don't make yourself sound like a complete moron.

Just my 2 cents. Have a nice day.

Reactions: tin2404

kaslopis

Sep 7, 2013
Orem
You know, I don't care what phone you use. Android, IOS, whatever (I've had them all). Different phones will have ups and downs depending on your usage. They all have something that we like and something that we don't and its up to you to choose which is best for you but if I'm being honest, you're statement just makes you sound like a total knob head. It's baseless dribble and obviously from someone that's never used WP8 in any kind of serious fashion.

You can knock the apps which by the way are increasing everyday as people realize that this is a real OS, but don't make yourself sound like a complete moron.

Oh lord, forgive me for knocking a WP around WP enthusiast. Shoot -- why not just stick with a rock solid Blackberry; what could possibly go wrong? I have owned an HTC Radar and no, I did not have a good experience overall. It is pretty much garbage when no one wants to develop for it. I for one enjoy the versatility of an android phone, that's all I need.

http://liliputing.com/2013/11/nokita-wants-to-buy-nokia-before-microsoft-can-only-needs-10-billion-by-november-19th.html

Hey believe me I'm happy you guys are Mc'lovin WP, but I believe Nokia is making a bad move. Hopefully I'm wrong. Pz

cambo1

Mar 15, 2012
Auckland
Oh lord, forgive me for knocking a WP around WP enthusiast. Shoot -- why not just stick with a rock solid Blackberry; what could possibly go wrong? I have owned an HTC Radar and no, I did not have a good experience overall. It is pretty much garbage when no one wants to develop for it. I for one enjoy the versatility of an android phone, that's all I need.

http://liliputing.com/2013/11/nokita-wants-to-buy-nokia-before-microsoft-can-only-needs-10-billion-by-november-19th.html

Hey believe me I'm happy you guys are Mc'lovin WP, but I believe Nokia is making a bad move. Hopefully I'm wrong. Pz

I hardly think an htc radar is even a remotely good example a of a good windows phone. You really need to look a phone that isn't more than two years old.

nonyhaha

Oct 24, 2007
Bucharest
I hardly think an htc radar is even a remotely good example a of a good windows phone. You really need to look a phone that isn't more than two years old.

I really think it is of no concern if it is an entry level or high end device when it comes to developing for something that you need. This is what kaslopis was talking about i think...

Everyone can see that from the store, where i can find only 2 apps from the ~ 10 apps i use every day on my android phone.

I am also thinking of switching sides, but i could not live without those apps. So maybe i will wait another year, but then lumia 1020 won't be such an up to date device.

I so hate microsoft for not encouraging developers. the apps in the store are a silly joke. Most of them look like they were designed to run on 240*320 java phones...

Reactions: kaslopis

xXSluggXx

Feb 25, 2014
really?

Having owned many Android devices, and having come from being a 2.5 year iPhone user, I have to laugh at your comment. Windows Phone 8 is nowhere near "Garbage", and your statement is a clear indicator that you haven't used it and your opinion on the matter is of no value. WP, unlike Android, is fast, stable and consistent across devices. It offers unique features, and unlike Android, isn't hobbled by yet another copy of the 30+ year old Xerox Parc UI paradigm.

Nokia's board has approved the sale, thankfully. There will never, EVER be a Nokia phone with Android, and that's a GOOD thing. Android is a crap OS for anyone but people who like to endlessly **** with their phone. For people who like their devices to be highly usable, stable, reliable and work-focused, Windows Phone is a far better choice.

I personally abandoned Android on tablets and iOS on everything, and I won't be going back. Windows offers a better experience, kiddies.

Funny they just announced some.

DmPanther

Feb 9, 2015
I'm sorta interested in this phone because of the camera. Anyone working on or know of an android port being worked up for this guy?

The only reason to by this phone - camera that takes 7K pictures in RAW format. Nothing else. The applications that you could use the
to read
Coffee Reader (supports OPDS libraries)
to buy
eBay app
Social
Instagram (beta), Facebook
to listen
Pandora
and pretty much that's it. very limited amount of apps but it doesn't matter because of the camera.

raghu13uk

Jun 28, 2008
Best camera ever. That's all.

Well, I said it all. Sorry WP lovers.

If you are moving from Android to WP, you will be going to regret it. This phone offers greatest even mobile phone. There is nothing else in it.

I do not say Android does not have any bugs or area or improvements. But, the Windows, which is still the king of desktops/laptops lags light years when it comes to mobile phone.

Here is quick summary:
+ Best camera
+ Good preloaded Photo edit softwares.
+ Cortana - Personal voice assistant.
+ Cool animation of the menu.

- Pathetic App store. Hardly any usable Apps. Most of them are fake.
- You never know where the file went after receiving over Bluetooth.
- I don't know why I can play only 20% of copies songs (copied from Windows laptop)!! It just refuses to show the rest.
- Even a simple setting is hidden as if it were a secret. Do some Treasure Hunt to understand the phone.
- Last, never drop the phone even from a height of 1 foot. (I dropped it and front glass shattered. you can not just replace the glass, but the whole display assembly. That will increase your repair charges from few dollars to 100+ dollars). Yes it has Gorilla glass!! (which, I later realized, is just scratch proof, not shatter proof).

Well, i am still using this phone just for the camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

really?

Funny they just announced some.

I really think it is of no concern if it is an entry level or high end device when it comes to developing for something that you need. This is what kaslopis was talking about i think...

Everyone can see that from the store, where i can find only 2 apps from the ~ 10 apps i use every day on my android phone.

I am also thinking of switching sides, but i could not live without those apps. So maybe i will wait another year, but then lumia 1020 won't be such an up to date device.

I so hate microsoft for not encouraging developers. the apps in the store are a silly joke. Most of them look like they were designed to run on 240*320 java phones...