[Q] Nookmanager and other questions

Search This thread

Gambitmo

Sep 24, 2013
Many thanks to Jeff_kz for the excellent Nookmanager. I just set it up on my UK NSTG 1.2.1 and everything seems to run well.

I have a few questions. Keep in mind that I'm a newb and that I have gone through the forums looking for answers but can't find any.

1) How do I get ReLaunch to stay on /system and not on /sdcard?
2) I tried deleting some stock apps, starting with demomode.apk to be safe, but after delete and confirmation nothing happens, how do I delete them? After that, can anyone confirm that these are all safe to delete? And could someone identify the Amazon app store for me, since I can't find that one to delete?
3) How can I install ES File Explorer? (Will that replace ReLaunch?)
4) The only apps I really need are Pocket/Read It Later and a pdf viewer, so I don't think the NTGAppsAttack is for me. Once I have ES File Explorer, will I be able to install Pocket using an old .apk file loaded onto the nook via sd? Or will I need to use adb? And where is a guide for installing apps?

Many thanks in advance!

straygecko

Feb 20, 2009
1) How do I get ReLaunch to stay on /system and not on /sdcard?

Settings | Advanced Settings | General Settings | Start directoy(s)

2) I tried deleting some stock apps, starting with demomode.apk to be safe, but after delete and confirmation nothing happens, how do I delete them? After that, can anyone confirm that these are all safe to delete? And could someone identify the Amazon app store for me, since I can't find that one to delete?

Did you remount system read-write before trying to delete? Amazon app store is data/app/com.android.venezia.apk

3) How can I install ES File Explorer? (Will that replace ReLaunch?)

Install the apk using adb.

4) The only apps I really need are Pocket/Read It Later and a pdf viewer, so I don't think the NTGAppsAttack is for me. Once I have ES File Explorer, will I be able to install Pocket using an old .apk file loaded onto the nook via sd? Or will I need to use adb? And where is a guide for installing apps?

adb really makes life easier. QtADB makes adb easier.

Gambitmo

Sep 24, 2013
Did you remount system read-write before trying to delete?
I doubt it. Could you explain how?

Amazon app store is data/app/com.android.venezia.apk
Not on mine. In fact, there is nothing in /data. A lot of apps are in /system/app but not this one.

Install the apk using adb.
I followed some tutorials on this, but I haven't gotten adb to work on my computer yet. Did anyone else have this problem with their nook?

Since I can't use adb: am I really stuck without it? Or should I use your GApps tools? (My problem with using the GApps tool is it includes a lot of things which I don't want/need.)

Thanks for the help so far.

straygecko

Feb 20, 2009
You can't see anything in /data because you aren't using adb or a root file explorer. adb over wireless is pretty darn easy to get going. Not much more than loading adb on your pc and starting adb wireless on your NST. To get a root file explorer going without adb put an .apk of ES File Manager on your SD card then tap on it in ReLaunch to install it. Run through its settings for it to be a root explorer and to mount system R/W