[Q] Another A500 Stuck in APX Mode

Search This thread

nvrevrgvup

Apr 25, 2012
Hi there,

I have an A500 Iconia Tab that's been stuck in APX mode for a while now. I've tried to retrieve my info with blackthund3r's tool but nothing worked. If anyone could provide a step-by-step for me, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I've also tried resetting my tab by holding down the vol- and power button, that didn't work either.

Thanks,
Rich

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
You need the cpuid b4 you can do anything, that's yr first priority. See the cpuid guide in my Sig.

To get out of apx mode, just rebo or....hold the power button until the white power led goes out, then power on again - hold pwr button in 5 secs till led comes on. Now, wot do u see??

If you've bricked it or it won't boot to the OS run the babsector file in the root guide in my Sig.

Make sure you have Acer and sdk drivers installed. If yr pc is 64bit or win 8 you'll have a mission on yr hands. I think someone has posted a workaround in last couple of days but don't quote me on that:)

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

nvrevrgvup

Apr 25, 2012
You need the cpuid b4 you can do anything, that's yr first priority. See the cpuid guide in my Sig.

To get out of apx mode, just rebo or....hold the power button until the white power led goes out, then power on again - hold pwr button in 5 secs till led comes on. Now, wot do u see??

If you've bricked it or it won't boot to the OS run the babsector file in the root guide in my Sig.

Make sure you have Acer and sdk drivers installed. If yr pc is 64bit or win 8 you'll have a mission on yr hands. I think someone has posted a workaround in last couple of days but don't quote me on that:)

Hey Dibb,

I've already tried everything in your sig to get the CPUID:

(1) From a PC using Blackthund3rs A500 manager - start --> opening server ---> stalls ---> closing server
(2) From your device using Terminal Emulator App --> Can't access tablet
(3) From USBDeview must have previously used the Tab under HC with the PC you're using --> Tried, not located
(4) From a uid.txt in any Honeycomb-cwm backup in external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/"your_HC_backup" folder --> no backups available
(5) From adb devices if you're running honeycomb --> N/A
(6) From cwm 1.7.2 via on screen display and a text file - great if you are on ICS already --> Can't access tablet
(7) From a working system in /sys/firmware/fuse/acer_cpuid --> Can't access tablet
(8) Gersma's OTA Tool --> turned off UAC and tried but tool claimed to have problems accessing tablet even though Device Manager had tablet as "acer-recovery"

Toggling the power button does nothing - it's white when the tab is powered "on" and dark when the tab is powered "off".
I have never seen the ACER logo that others have seen. My screen has always been black.

I definitely have the Acer driver installed but which SDK drivers are you referring to? I've tried installing the Google and Naked drivers found on this site but they didn't help.

I think I tried babsector as well but I don't recall what happened, but since my tablet is still non-functional, I'm going to say it didn't work ha.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
Linux is the only other way, srbeens method.

If u think u have the drivers installed correctly the only other thing I can suggest is to power off. Then put yr tab in apx mode via the buttons. Getting the reset button in can be 'awkward' but timing is not so crucial. As long as there's a delay between the holding in of the reset and pushing the pwr btn in - then a delay between releasing the pwr button then the reset. Don't use a pin or anything sharp to push the reset pin in, they can slip off easily, use a paperclip, an earring stud...anything with a squarish, flat bottom.

Then run babsector or any other EUU based Rom. Leave the auto tools alone for the meantime they're no use to atm.

Good luck!
dibb