Stockish ROM Needed For C Spire XT1049 Moto X

Search This thread

Intrepit

May 5, 2014
Hello, I did not know where exactly to post this thread, but this seems to be the best place. I have a Moto X from C Spire (previously Cellular South), and it's model number is XT1049. I have tried the Republic Wireless version of the stock XT1049 ROM, but it didn't work. I was just wondering if anybody had a ROM that is stock/close to stock that will work on a C Spire-issued Moto X.

Thanks,
Intrepit

glarepate

Nov 30, 2011
ROMs for your phone are available here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

4.2.2 is Jelly Bean, 4.4.2 is Kit Kat. If you want to root it install 4.2.2.

If you install 4.4.2 you will have a locked bootloader that cannot be downgraded to JB later. If you take specific steps to make a Franken-ROM that can have write protection disabled and runs with the 4.2.2 bootloader you can have Kit Kat. You will have to decide if you think it's worth it. From my perspective KK isn't that big a deal, but I had a lot of fun doing it and learned a few things along the way. YMMV.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Correction:

"... you can have Kit Kat." Should say rooted KK.

Intrepit

May 5, 2014
ROMs for your phone are available here:

4.2.2 is Jelly Bean, 4.4.2 is Kit Kat. If you want to root it install 4.2.2.

If you install 4.4.2 you will have a locked bootloader that cannot be downgraded to JB later. If you take specific steps to make a Franken-ROM that can have write protection disabled and runs with the 4.2.2 bootloader you can have Kit Kat. You will have to decide if you think it's worth it. From my perspective KK isn't that big a deal, but I had a lot of fun doing it and learned a few things along the way. YMMV.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Correction:

"... you can have Kit Kat." Should say rooted KK.
What I meant was like flashable zips, not firmwares. Im making a ROM for me and a friend that doesn't take away from the Moto X's primary features, thats why I needed a close-to-stock ROM.

Also, Im running KK (4.4.2) rooted and unlocked bootloader.

D

Darth

Just so you know, if you're on 4.4.2 with an unlocked boot loader, you still can't downgrade . the brick risk is the same, locked or unlocked.

For the record. ;)