[Q] New System Update XT1080

Search This thread

Dreadlord12p

Jul 25, 2013
New Hampshire
Should I take the new system update that I just got? I just received a notification saying that there is one. Should I leave it alone or not? I am not rooted on 4.4 KitKat.

Dreadlord12p

Jul 25, 2013
New Hampshire
well.
if u are not rooted,u can try it.
u can downgrade if u don t like it

Well I really hope that what someone told me in the past that jcase would have an exploit by the Summer, is true. Because I accidently bricked my phone months ago and screwed me back to 4.4 KiKat non-rooted. I just hope someone out there is working on finding another exploit.

danger2u

Jan 24, 2010
Well I really hope that what someone told me in the past that jcase would have an exploit by the Summer, is true. Because I accidently bricked my phone months ago and screwed me back to 4.4 KiKat non-rooted. I just hope someone out there is working on finding another exploit.

i hope too
but jcase just tell me this day on Twitter that it doesn t work on root or BL unlock for Droid Maxx

xjack

Feb 21, 2010
It's well documented that the jcase method won't be useful for end-users.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lordomn

Sep 15, 2012
somewhere in arkansas
I have a question about this new update.... If all I have done is flash twrp and root.... Could I still take the update? I have been deferring it for a few days because I wasn't sure if I could or not.

Caseyk621

Mar 20, 2011
Rochester, NY
OnePlus 9 Pro
Reactions: Lordomn

doogald

May 27, 2010
I really hope that jcase or someone is trying to find a new root method for the droid ultra. I miss my rooted phone so much!

Probably the someone. I know it was just a tweet, so maybe he was joking, but jcase tweeted about a month ago that he will no longer be providing anybody with any *unpatched* exploits. Based on the way people complain about him not "sharing" any exploits he has, I don't blame him. Anyway, I'd pin my hopes on somebody else.

Or, better yet, put the phone up on Swappa or something and go out and buy a developer edition of something, because that's your surest bet that you'll be able to root a phone going forward.

Dreadlord12p

Jul 25, 2013
New Hampshire
Probably the someone. I know it was just a tweet, so maybe he was joking, but jcase tweeted about a month ago that he will no longer be providing anybody with any *unpatched* exploits. Based on the way people complain about him not "sharing" any exploits he has, I don't blame him. Anyway, I'd pin my hopes on somebody else.

Or, better yet, put the phone up on Swappa or something and go out and buy a developer edition of something, because that's your surest bet that you'll be able to root a phone going forward.

So your saying jcase probably has an exploit or two but he just doesn't want to release it to the public? Lol. That's messed up! I guess its just a waiting game until somebody else out there puts out an exploit for us non-rooters to use. *sigh* :/

P.S. : What do you mean you don't blame him???

doogald

May 27, 2010
So your saying jcase probably has an exploit or two but he just doesn't want to release it to the public? Lol. That's messed up! I guess its just a waiting game until somebody else out there puts out an exploit for us non-rooters to use. *sigh* :/

P.S. : What do you mean you don't blame him???

I didn't say he had any exploits. I reported what he tweeted: he will not share any unpatched exploits. That means, I am pretty sure, that if he has any exploits (for any phones), he will wait until they are patched with an update before he shares it publicly, if he shares it at all, making it rather useless for somebody looking to root the phone with the exploit.

Here is the tweet: https://twitter.com/TeamAndIRC/status/460157450318929920

I am pretty sure it was in reference to a non-Moto device, but I'm sure he means the same for any device.

Top Liked Posts