List of Tested Sideloaded APKs for the Amazon Fire TV (Fire TV Stick)

Search This thread

jmerrilljr2

Jul 13, 2014
HBO Go

While I could install HBO Go, I can't sign in to my HBO Account because you need to connect to an external website. Isn't this a FireTV limitation?

Any workarounds or suggestions?

Last edited:

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
For all those have Root Permissions and Google Play Store installed:

DroidMote Server works great on FireTv. Was tested from some users of this forum:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2798266
Thanks for the updates! They met the needs completely. Haven't had any problems with droidmote since.
Hoping that its added to the list soon. I left a post some time ago on this thread, but it still hasn't made it to the list. May need to message OP.

collindv

Jun 28, 2007
Wanted to add Splashtop to the list. I installed it from Google play and it seems to work perfectly out of the box. A mouse is obviously required for this one.

As a bonus, if you use "Unified Remote" from the Play store with it you can have a mouse cursor without the annoying circle.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lolwatpear

Nov 24, 2011
fios app isn't working for me. I'm connected to wifi, but it just keeps spinning on the splash screen.

vrk1533

Jul 26, 2014
did you find any options to get it working?

Is there anyway to make an app work on FireTV that's currently not working. The app is YuppTV. It works on all android tablets and also all the android tv boxes I tested it on. I got it installed on the FireTV but it doesn't load it just opens then closes. Any help would be appreciated.

did you find any options to get it working?

Netflix has not worked out of box for me. I've updated firmware to 5117.......just got it yesterday..it never connects. Everything else works fine. .I've googled it which it so limited in response and tried everything. I think I need to downgrade firmware which I hope it's still possible

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

raiders1500

Jul 12, 2014
directv tablet app

How do I get directv tablet app or phone app to work on firetv? Everything looks good until I hit watch on a program and it states to unable parental with code. I dont even have parental control setup at all.

Last edited:

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
Dish world app not working properly on Fire TV

Anyone know why the Dishworld app shows vertical black bars as if the pic is in 4:3 ?

Brapabout

May 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Update for PicaSim: unable to get any Spectrum RC transmitter to USB devices to work with the FireTV so it's looking like game controllers only for now. Also you must unplug the keyboard/mouse before starting or it will bind controls to the keyboard instead of the game controller.

computercarl

Oct 16, 2006
Bay City, MI
more games

Candy crush - works good.
Subway surfers - cant start a game, even with rotationscreenorientatation.apk installed and locked to landscape.
Sure there will be more that I will be trying, as I have two young kids (7 and 10) that will want me to install a ton of games.
Carousel by dropbox doesnt work quite right, rotated screen.
Showbox works good.

Last edited:

jimbou1981

Aug 10, 2014
I installed a couple apps last night with Google Play tricked into thinking it's an aio asus nexus 7.
- NFL Game Rewind (5 minute Free preview after install!)
- CandyCrush (nothing like crushing candy on the big screen :D)
Both apps worked great - A Mouse and possible keyboard required

I'll try to check out the NFL Now app via Google Play later tonight and see how that works.

jimbou1981

Aug 10, 2014
Has anyone tried NFL Now? I know it is "coming soon" to the fire TV, but hoping maybe I could side-load until then.

Thanks,

Chris

I installed NFL Now direct from Google Play, it does work, but unless you already subscribe or are really desperate, I'd wait for the official FireTV version to be released. When I first launched it, I viewed an ad and then it forced closed after the ad, I re-launched the app and this time it started with the latest week 1 preseason highlights. I was able to log in into my NFL account and select my favorite team(s). Not much could be done without paying the monthly subscription fee. You can watch Most Popular, Fantasy, Training Camp, and Can't Miss Play for free.

- NFL Now (via Google Play) - works - requires mouse & possible keyboard (I only used a wireless keyboard/mouse to test, but a mouse would be needed to navigate)

Reactions: chris.carstens

GoBigRed

Jul 21, 2010
Has anyone tried loading BTN2Go? I'm going to give it a whirl before football season starts here. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Vudu build 4.1.13.38411 works on fire tv with HDX

Functional vudu on fire tv with Hdx!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdadcz1e7zkha0l/vudu.air.4.1.13.38411.apk?dl=0
    I installed popcorntime last night. Works very well but needs mouse or touch input. I've been using droidmote for my firetv since I got root, so that worked for me.
    Droidmote works well but you have to change between touch and the game control input of the app based on which screen on the firetv is active.
    I'd just like to add that I got Tasker working on FireTV awhile ago but did not know about this list here (I posted it to a similar thread on reddit) there is a bit of a procedure you need to to go make it work:

Yes, the Tasker works on FireTV. I've just added it to the list at the top of this forum.
    What you have to do:
    Get an apk of Tasker. Either get the free one from Google Play store, or get the one you paid for off your (rooted) Android device. Guides on how to do this are all over the place. Also you can directly purchase it from Tasker's website.
    Use this: http://forums.crackberry.com/androi...ding-google-maps-google-play-services-914930/[1] to patch your apk of Tasker so that it doesn't need GMaps to run. This is crucial, because otherwise FireTV will reject it (as it doesnt have Google Maps API).
    Sideload your modified apk to your FireTV
    Issues: So far almost everything works like a charm. The one thing that you cannot do on the FireTV (besides root actionsnow you can!) is build scenes. If you try to edit/build a scene, the app crashes. You can, however, import scenes you've created on another device, and use them with the "Show Scene" action. It seems that full screen scenes crash it, though. I have had success displaying Overlays and Dialogs, though.
    This should open up a whole world of possibilities on the FireTV...
    Droid edit
    Playon
    Quadrant
    Vplayer
    All work for me.
    Woody

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Google Play Videos and Music on Fire TV. :)
    Youtube instructions: link.
    Dropbox files zipped: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqlroa0dg2df2z3/Google Play Movies and Music.zip?dl=0