Sooo,I'm kinda confused...

Search This thread

xxflyingarmbarxx

Oct 18, 2010
Cocoa
I been seeing lately the the new Mytouch HD has also been dubbed the Mytouch 4G which kinda makes no sense to me. My Mytouch Slide picks up the HSPA± signal alost everywhere I go (except in my house of course :l ) and from what I've read that's the only,techicnally 4G network,that T-mo plans to put out. So the MTHD being called the MT4G seems silly. Unless there's something I don't know,in which one of the great members of XDA could fill me in on =D

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

sandpaperback

Jun 23, 2010
While you can use the HSPA+ network and will see some boost, the Slide isn't made to handle the full bandwidth available to it. If you were to use it and the 4G side be side, I'm sure you'd see a considerable difference.

KCRic

Aug 4, 2010
Overland Park
We can use towers that are rated 4G but will never reach the 21.1 Mbps. I thought hspa+ was their high end 4G, and standard 4G was just hspa. I only say that because UTMS is 3G, not hspa.

Ohgami_Ichiro

Jun 18, 2010
Tacoma
Except HSPA and HSPA+ are really expanded 3G services. 4G is LTE and Wimax. It's just that sprint's wimax is so slow.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

ilama

Apr 10, 2008
Well if you want to be technical, as it stands neither LTE or WiMax are 4G compliant.

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
Remember, when the iPhone 4g (or was it 3g?) came out, it was ONLY a name, it did not mean it supported 4g (or 3g) speeds...

dynamikd

Oct 19, 2008
Well if you want to be technical, as it stands neither LTE or WiMax are 4G compliant.

Agreed wholeheartedly! No service provider has 4g and out of them all Tmobile has the fastest data connection. If you are in a hspa + area.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

immortalxgod

Oct 24, 2010
vacaville
My phone stay on this speed. After I flashed that new rom with 2.2.1 I've had this "H" for a long time. That's the only network I get unless I'm in my house then I get edge coverage lolz.

send from mytouch 3g bruh