Remove Battery icon on the taskbar with clock.

Search This thread

mazam

Mar 2, 2006
Try this...
HKLM/software/microsoft/shell
add new dword ShowTitleBarClock dword=1

softreset....and enjoy..
only works with AKU2.2 only which atom have.

FYI atom got AKU2.2.1

mazam

Mar 2, 2006
kropotov said:
It doesn't work. This Dword is removing during soft reset. I can't save it. I use Resco Registry AddIn :(

remember to exit resco (menu->exit) registry, not just tapping the x on the top.. wait for 20 second and reset.

ZeBoxx

Dec 29, 2005
Tried this?
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=WM5_Tweaks_Other
Change the display of the clock in the taskbar
The clock in the taskbar can be changed to show not only the time, but also the date, or just the date, or nothing at all.
To show nothing:
Code:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 0 (DWORD decimal)

To show just the clock:
Code:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 1 (DWORD decimal)

To show just the date:
Code:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 2 (DWORD decimal)

To show both the date and the clock:
Code:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 3 (DWORD decimal)

Note 1: If you switch to the Analog clock display, the date will remain visible -through- the Analog clock
Note 2: Setting the clock to show 'nothing' will still keep the reserved space, showing the taskbar background, and obscure any icons that will shift to the right.
Note 3: Your date may get obscured by the space reserved for the OK/Close button in the top-right. You can fix this my adding spaces at the end of your 'Short Date Format'. See also the tweak on 'Change the Short Date Format'
( requires a soft reset, I believe )

Appu

Oct 26, 2005
Maldives
i donno :? but it seems tht the registry keys i create and edits i make are gone wen i softreset.. tried with resco registry editor and phm regedit.. y does my atom's registry dont save the changes i make?

ZeBoxx

Dec 29, 2005
Make sure you either
- wait a little while after changing the registry
or
- use the shutdown feature; press and hold the on/off button, it'll pop up a question asking if you really want to shut down (on Wizard anyway - I suspect it's a WM5 feature, so it should be on Atom as well).

Mastiff

Jan 17, 2005
Doesn't work on the Atom. It will suspend when you release the button no matter if you've held it down for one or 20 seconds.

Appu

Oct 26, 2005
Maldives
yeah, mastiff.. the shutdown feature doesnt work on the atom.. however, waiting a little while has helped me.. :D all the registry tweaks are workin alrite for me.. i stay for abt a min or two and then restart my atom.. how long shud i wait actually? if its just a couple of secs, then am wastin a lot of my time.. :lol:

Sooz

Apr 15, 2006
ok what are the steps in PHM Reg edit, i have done this so many times and yes it is saved but nothing changes that damn battery bar to a clock..

do i highlight shell and add new Dword or do i add a new key then dword what?.... tried both them to no avail...

ZeBoxx

Dec 29, 2005
Sooz - are you sure you have an AKU2.2 ROM installed?
If you don't, then there's no way to replace the battery icon with the default clock on the Today screen. For application screens, you can go to the clock configuration, More tab, and check the checkbox "show clock in all programs" or somesuch.

Sooz

Apr 15, 2006
so close and yet so far away... ok the registry entry does display the time and date on any atom, however the registry entry to get rid of the battery indicator doesnt work, therefore im left with both the battery indicator and the time and date in the same place... alas will remove for now till someone works out how to ditch that battery indicator.

Cheers

corona

Jun 20, 2005
Hi,
May somebody add the instruction including screen shots?
Step by step how to remove the battery icon from the taskbar?
I tried so many times to add as suggest by “mazam”, but nothing happen.

I am using EdReg to change the registry
Maybe I do something wrong, in the place:
step 1.
I click insert
-here I see 4 options (String, Binary, MultiString, DWord)
-I choose Dword
step 2. (And here is my question)
Here I have 2 places to fulfills
Key: what to write here
Value: what to write here

Sooz

Apr 15, 2006
what a difference a few hrs makes.... ok today its playing ball, registry entries all workin including Clock instead of Battery!!... ahh life is good again!

to check AKU version go to system/about it should read 2.2.0 or higher in build if so the the reg entry above will work, if not try the entries on wiki and or wait for Microsoft to fix, they say they are going to!

Cheers

Sooz

Apr 15, 2006
Footnote for Registry Entries......

for me what works to save the entries is to wait for 30 secs or more, then soft reset while still in Registry Editor PHM, if i exit the program then soft reset it doesnt hold the changes no matter how long i wait.

mazam

Mar 2, 2006
corona said:
Hi,
May somebody add the instruction including screen shots?
Step by step how to remove the battery icon from the taskbar?
I tried so many times to add as suggest by “mazam”, but nothing happen.

I am using EdReg to change the registry
Maybe I do something wrong, in the place:
step 1.
I click insert
-here I see 4 options (String, Binary, MultiString, DWord)
-I choose Dword
step 2. (And here is my question)
Here I have 2 places to fulfills
Key: what to write here
Value: what to write here

key = ShowTitleBarClock
value=1