[free puzzle, pls test] - Guess 2d (tough puzzle)

Search This thread

aditya104

Oct 17, 2010
Good mind fitness. My score 12 rounds first attempt. Not easy for new players to learn. Could do with more information on how to play.
Thanks for this.

aditya104

Oct 17, 2010
Feedback
Could you remove the About and Restart buttons from the screen. Make them accessible via the menu key. Will give more screen space to see the work done on puzzle and will avoid accidental press of restart in the middle of a puzzle.

pl.ayground

Sep 15, 2010
www.ayground.pl
thanks for feedback

Fair point - I think I will need to add a start screen to make sure new users will see the About button even if they do not press Menu during gameplay. Then I will hide buttons in the game screen. Also I am considering adding another gameboard that will fit 5 pieces [with separate score tracking].

Havner

Jul 5, 2010
Warsaw
6 tries, played a lot of mastermind years ago.

Suggestion: make a confirm button, don't confirm automatically after fitting last block. It's nice to have a look it everything fits before confirming. This button could reside on the next row i.e.

stothy862

Aug 2, 2010
Sheffield
Great game! Always loved board games, particularly risk and mastermind. This has filled a need for me!

Scores:
Try 1 : 6
Try 2 : 4

I'll give it a break for now ;)

Daniel2650

Nov 12, 2010
My first post on XDA :)

I simply dont understand the game...
When i got one black circle in the 1st and 2nd row, then i thought it has to be on the specific place where the black circle appears...
I only have the confirmation that one color and one shape of all 4 is in the right place... quite random info.

Would be easier and more interesting if the black circle appears on the specific place where the right shape/color is.

Or maybe I'm not old enough :) never heard of mastermind.
Maybe a friendly member got a tip for me how to solve this :D

aditya104

Oct 17, 2010
It would be too easy Daniel, if the black circle was in the exact spot. You should play some bubble blast first if you find this hard. :D

pl.ayground

Sep 15, 2010
www.ayground.pl
My first post on XDA :)

I simply dont understand the game...
When i got one black circle in the 1st and 2nd row, then i thought it has to be on the specific place where the black circle appears...
I only have the confirmation that one color and one shape of all 4 is in the right place... quite random info.

Would be easier and more interesting if the black circle appears on the specific place where the right shape/color is.

Or maybe I'm not old enough :) never heard of mastermind.
Maybe a friendly member got a tip for me how to solve this :D
Hi Daniel, it will be easier the way you discribed it but I do not think it will be more interesting. This is not an easy puzzle - and its intended to be tough. Check the results from people in this thread - not only its possible to beat Android - also you can do it suprisingly fast.

Hope you will succeed!

Hilarium

Nov 28, 2010
hey.. right now the game is measured in rounds. the fewer rounds it takes , the better you are.

can you add a time trial? since if its measured by rounds, people can just look at the board for hours and get under 7 rounds easily.

aditya104

Oct 17, 2010
on average i finish in 6-7 rounds in 15-20 mins. and I could b a really angry man if i accidentally pressed restart during a game. I discovered that yesterday.

pl.ayground

Sep 15, 2010
www.ayground.pl
on average i finish in 6-7 rounds in 15-20 mins. and I could b a really angry man if i accidentally pressed restart during a game. I discovered that yesterday.
It took me a while to update the code - finally next release is uploaded to the market (look for Guess2d).

Now you can enjoy 4x4 and 5x5 modes (if you find 5x5 to easy) and also the restart button has been moved to menu - I can imagine the frustration when you click it by accident after spending 15 minutes decrypting the puzzle.

Enjoy! (and any further comments or a bug report - please let me know).

pl.ayground

Sep 15, 2010
www.ayground.pl
new update needs super user access, why?
Hilarium, I have moved to Mobclix and their Ad SDK has requested those permissions. Frankly speaking unsure what you mean by super user access - is it any concern from security standpoint?

PS. In the market the list of permissions is: network communication, system tools, phone calls - which one is the super user you mention?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I would highly appreciate your beta tests and feedback of my recently released game - look for "Guess 2D" in the android market. Guess 2D is similar to good old mastermind, but I have added second dimension [shape] on top.

With 4 pieces you get 2^16 (65k) combinations.

All comments are appreciated! I hope you will enjoy the puzzle.