Picture Mail not Working! Help!!!!!!!

Search This thread

CyberToadZ28

Dec 26, 2008
Well, this would be my first official post. I'm a newbie ;). I just bought my Diamond about one week ago and I like it alot:cool:. I'm a convert from Verizon. Loved the service but not the price plans so I switched. I get so much more with Sprint for the price. Anyway, when I first got it the internet connection would not work. Called techs and they fixed that problem. Set up email, Wifi, pic mail, and pic mail service and all other stuff. Except pic mail does not work or it only half works. I can send or upload to my sprint pic account website, but I can't receive pic mail. I see the uploads and pics from my friends but it doesn't send them to my phone. So, like WTH :eek:. Anyways, I can't receive from the website or from my friends who are on Sprint. Talked to a tech and she said I would have to set my email up and pic mail up and I did. I had to do something else and she said she would call me back, but never did. Kinda pissed about that. :confused:Any clues or the like would be helpful? Like I said I can send, upload, and receive on the web account but not receive from the web or from my friends phones on Sprint. If anybody had a similar problem or fixed it their own way before calling the techs let me know? I want the pic mail to fully work.

JeffS17

Dec 24, 2008
i have a simimliar problem i cant send/receive mms messages from my girlfriend who has verizon and i have ATT. i jsut got my diamond about 5 days ago

CyberToadZ28

Dec 26, 2008
I was reading other threads/posts and sometimes it depends on the network and the quality or size of the picture, video, etc. she is sending to you. The higher the resolution or larger the file, the longer it takes. The lower the quality or smaller the file the shorter it takes. Sometimes the networks regulate the size of what you send. Hope this helps.

ManuTouch

Mar 23, 2008
The weird thing is that Cybertoads and my mutual friend also has a Diamond and on his everything works perfectly fine. At first it literally took 2 weeks for a picture mail to arrive on my phone after sending it from his, but downloading the Picture mail update from Sprint seemed to have fixed that issue, now he can send and receive them no problem. I have a Sprint Touch, and I have no problem either sending and receiving pictures.

Anyone else have the problem that Cybertoad is encountering?

mattgreek

Sep 22, 2008
California
Possible Solution: sMMS App

I've had the same problem, I've had my Diamond since it came out months ago and I've tried several times to get picmail working. Just last night I came across this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509 [the first post has a lot of details about the app.] Read through that and you can download the program and try it out, I really liked it and donated the $5 through paypal like the creator suggested and I was surprised by how quickly I was able to register and get the full version up and running [and you get a lifetime license for that donation]. So far, I've gotten sending picmail working just fine with this program. Receiving is another matter, and it's an issue that seems to only be on the Diamond and the Touch Pro. Typically on Sprint phones that can't get regular MMS, they'll send a regular txt message with a link that you can click on and download the picture, they were able to get this program to intercept those txts and automatically download the picture like regular MMS is supposed to work. However, on the Diamond and Touch Pro, it does not send a txt with a link to the MMS since the native Sprint picmail app should be working (but they just can't seem to get it working at all!). They have wrote on their site [http://smms.vision5.com/] that they are working on that problem. In the meantime, in the app you can just click on your inbox and it'll sync all your recent new picmails right in the program, you don't need to go through the Sprint picmail site and you can view the pictures, download them to your phone, reply to the messages, etc. It's just a matter of how often you get picmail which would determine how often you should check for anything new. Alternatively, if you tell people that when they send you an MMS make sure they send a regular txt message telling you they sent the MMS, you'll be able to go into the program and check. This app seems way easier to use than the native Sprint one [if it even worked] and seems like these guys can get more things done in their free time than the developers over at Sprint who should have had this problem solved by now. It's also quite fast at sending the pics [and notifies you when it's done sending] and you can set if you want the pictures resized before being sent.

Hope that helps.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help,
Matt