[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

aruppenthal

Dec 9, 2006
Parkersburg
I thought suggestion was apart of t9, am trying not cooking it in right now! except I think I put ezinput in, oh well... just testing anyway. I thought I say a post somewhere that sad working cv and mobitv, couldn't find it anywhere!! damn forum search... lol. Anywho, my problem with opera is that it won't even go to the media net home page, and is the fuze not designed to play the cellular video through ie? That's what I am used to from the kaiser. Cause the CV won't work in either IE or opera, which is leading to me to think that I have done something else somewhere else
Skyfox a little advice on the search. Always use the one at the top Never the forum or thread search. The one at the tip in the main toolbar yields MUCH better results.
CV works fine with IE if you load the hidden proxy and if you set the MSHTML registry setting to 0.. but that makes it load in the old IE Mobile engine :)

You can get it to work with IE 6/8 by setting it to desktop view rather than mobile view.. problem is, it changes the user agent when you set it to desktop view.. ive gotten it to work after switching back and forth a few times..

If we can finger out where IE 6/8 stores it's Desktop user agent, then it would work jussa fine :)
Look at the advanced config xml I am pretty sure it lists the key in there for IE user agent.

Code:
<setting key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Internet Explorer\User Agent" name="CustomBase" type="string">
      <title>User Agent custom base</title>
      <description>User Agent string used by Internet Explorer to identify device on Web sites.</description>
      <values default="Mozilla/4.0" />

Last edited:

aruppenthal

Dec 9, 2006
Parkersburg
When in Mobile mode it reads that user agent, but not in Desktop mode.. it's got a new key floating around somewhere.. :)

Hers all references to user agent
Code:
C:\Users\Ruppy\Desktop\RRE Kitchen v1\SYS\BROWSING\b183f2a7-06c3-4f27-9679-7baf97e94efa.rgu(28): [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
C:\Users\Ruppy\Desktop\RRE Kitchen v1\SYS\BROWSING\b183f2a7-06c3-4f27-9679-7baf97e94efa.rgu(30): [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform]
C:\Users\Ruppy\Desktop\RRE Kitchen v1\SYS\BROWSINGCORE\d81b11e0-3299-4b65-8305-78f1fa03dc07.rgu(58): [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
C:\Users\Ruppy\Desktop\RRE Kitchen v1\SYS\BROWSINGCORE\d81b11e0-3299-4b65-8305-78f1fa03dc07.rgu(65): [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Templates\Same as Windows XP]
C:\Users\Ruppy\Desktop\RRE Kitchen v1\SYS\BROWSINGCORE\d81b11e0-3299-4b65-8305-78f1fa03dc07.rgu(71): [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Templates\Same as Pocket PC]
C:\Users\Ruppy\Desktop\RRE Kitchen v1\SYS\browsingie\f3dfc36d-36d0-4163-8d6f-e1ce5aed8814.rgu(3): 	"User Agent"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE)"
C:\Users\Ruppy\Desktop\RRE Kitchen v1\SYS\browsingie\f3dfc36d-36d0-4163-8d6f-e1ce5aed8814.rgu(1051): "User Agent"=dword:00000000                             ; Default User Agent set to UA_MOBILE_DEVICE
C:\Users\Ruppy\Desktop\RRE Kitchen v1\SYS\browsingie\f3dfc36d-36d0-4163-8d6f-e1ce5aed8814.rgu(1066): [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform]

Da_G
I started the WIKI page for Packages. Ill begin editing it tonight with some of the ones I already have ready.

Last edited:

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
Ok guys, I will try out that info when I can tonight after get home from the trap of work.

Just a weird thing, something I am sure I did in removing something somewhere. When I go into the device info, it now says expanded memory not present. Where it is and AFAIK everything functions properly. What would cause this, and is there anything I should be concerned about since it is not showing the storage media present?

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Device Info reads a key from the registry (under HKLM\Software\HTC\DIM i believe, dont remember off the top of my head)

The key is like.. extromversion=dword:1

If device info reads the key and it's set to 1, it looks for the .dsm in \OEM\ExtendedPkg.. and if you cook the ROM with the "all packages to one" box checked, there's no .dsm there for it to read, and you get that error. :) I have the key set to 0 in my \OEM\OEMDrivers\*.rgu for that reason.

On a side note, I just dropped my fuze onto some nice asphalt, it took it like a champ, but that cruddy extended battery cover that came with the seidio extended battery cracked.. doh.. now its even worse than it was lol :p

What's a fancy phone without a few war wounds anyway!

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
Could it be that I am using the 2808 build of opera? I tried using the original opera shipped from the fuze, now media net loads, but I get an error when trying to access CV website videos that says error format not supported or something along those lines, flashing now, so I couldn't tell you exactly what it said. I liked the settings and the zoom slider of 2808, but maybe there is something there in that particular build?

with the sd card... now I notice that the sd card will NOT be recognized unless I boot the phone with the sd card in it... WTF? If I just copy the sddrivers package from my base... would that fix the storage media not present and this issue I have now? aarrrgggghhhh!!

I dread the first time I drop my fuze... although I am lucky if I damage it beyond repair i just go get another one (benefit of the job wit the company!)

*EDIT*

Three different versions of OPERA and three different errors... lol.. I get file re-entry not allowed (and the fix doesn't work), CV is not supported on you device, and not supported media!

DAMN IT... now I get the requested media is not available... or media type not supported!!

Is there possibly a codec or something I am missing?

Would the radio version I am using make a difference? HMM... boggling

other than opera, streaming media, and th proxy, is there anything else that CV requires to run in the ROM?

Last edited:

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Just swap out all the drivers in /oem/oemdrivers for the ones that work :) fwiw i just reinserted my sd 3 times and it popped up the autorun all 3 times... using the bstone jan 15 oemdrivers

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
aw i was hoping it would be like a quick cab or summat. how come it seems to work so much better in youtube and tf3d? maybe we just need a new version of touchflo from htc.

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
Just swap out all the drivers in /oem/oemdrivers for the ones that work :) fwiw i just reinserted my sd 3 times and it popped up the autorun all 3 times... using the bstone jan 15 oemdrivers

I ported over the drivers from NATF, and still had the same issue, will try again when I get home tonight.

I forgot to ask NATF about this in my PM, maybe you can help, when NATF cooks a ROM, his splash screen is flashed during the install. I only know how to do this post installation of the ROM... I would I put my own splash screen in to my cooking?

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The raphael.htcrtproj in the base kitchen folder is a template for HTC ROM Tool (\tools\htcrt.exe) to compile the .nb's into a signed .nbh. The template as-is is set to load up one .nb (os-new.nb) - what you'd want to do is put your splash screen as splash.nb in the rom kitchen root, load up the template in HTC ROM Tool, (Rom Builder tab, "L" button, load raphael.htcrtproj) - where it says "Splash" click the ellipses and point it to splash.nb.. then save the project over itself..

Now every time you compile a rom splash.nb will be in the ruu_shipped.nbh package :)

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
Wow, you said you miss your BlackJack... how infrequently I hear that. The forum search at the TOP much better... didn't realize there was a difference between, why I dunno, but anywho...

Anyhow, got CV working through Opera, turns out there is something in the build 2808 that interupts the connection between the NAT firewall and such (or something someone far more knowledgable than me was trying to explain...). I am just wondering, though, why is there no link for CV in the media net homepage? Is there something in the settings I missed for the media net to recognize that the device is CV capable? I know that the TILT had problems with that. you know it VERY weird, is when trying to watch CV via PIE, the page loads as what appears to be xml coding and lots of it... wierdness going on there, eh?

I just liked having th latest version and that as I have come to learn isn't always the greatest... Now on to the XT9 Funtionality focus for me as texting is the next thing on my list of what I want out of my phone. Would the files from the Kaiser (Tilt) for the ROM work in porting over to the FUZE? Both WinMO 6.1 and resolution shouldn't have any effect on something like that,right? I am curious to know where does the files lie for the system suggestion (the ones that are supposed to work in stat>settings>system>input?) Does Xt9 basically overide everything that relates to text entry? And with the GPS, is the lag going to be a hardware limitation do we think? or software, cause software means we may see a fix eventually, but hardware, we are SOL, am I right?

Last edited:

bilbobrian

Mar 26, 2007
big D
Here is a welcomhead image to give Da_G little props for all the mobile goodness he provides.....:)

welcomehead192-1.png

Attachments

• Da_G_welcomehead.192.zip
    144.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

aruppenthal

Dec 9, 2006
Parkersburg
Perfect thanks. Got the dump done properly last night also and was able to get rid of my wmp crashing issues.

Last question for you since you are on - how can i create a radio nb to use in NBHUtil?
Find a radio .nbh and split it. Inside will be the .nb for the radio. Then you have to edit the project file in the kitchen to use it.

chrisjaffe

Oct 22, 2006
2 questions:

1) What opera build is everyone using with this kitchen. I have only tried 15529 so far and that is pretty buggy for me. I have a 2808 cab thanks to d0ugie and blownfuze that I was going to try tonight. But I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions either way.

2) there was mention a few pages back about a package wiki. Is there a link for that? I would love to see what else I can add to this kitchen.

thanks,
cj