Need your help please! Won't take but a few seconds of your time

Search This thread

pixelsquish

Oct 24, 2007
I just got my Nexus 5 from Google yesterday. There is one thing odd about it. Here is a picture of the back:

The IMEI sticker looks all worn around the edges. I feel I can safely assume that is not right. It should be a solid black sticker. Did your phones come with a partially worn IMEI sticker? Makes me feel this phone is not brand new but a referb.

Please let me know what your sticker looked like.

Last edited:

ski522

Jan 10, 2014
Mine is mostly black, there is a small section of white, not sure if I wore it off (doubtful as it's in a case 99% of the time) or came that way. I doubt the sticker being white is from use, remember these are fairly new phones (Nov 2013), so if the sticker was that worn from use, you'd most likely see other evidence of heavy use on the phone.

I would discuss the issue with Google, they can provide a mfg date or will exchange it if you feel uncomfortable about the sticker.

Reactions: GUGUITOMTG4

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
the sticker from the back of my N5 had no black whatsoever. White sticker with black lettering and barcode. I don't know what the manufacture date of mine is, so couldn't tell you if I have a late or early model other than I just got it 3 weeks ago from T-Mobile.

30floh00

Jan 11, 2013
just take it off, if there are no other signs of usage. If you find something else, you can easily exchange it I think. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

pixelsquish

Oct 24, 2007
well today in class i also had an issue with the vibrate being unreasonably weak. tot he point where i couldn't feel it in my pocket but also could not hear it while on a table in front of me, both in class and at a restaurant. never had that. then half the time it was nice and loud. i googled it and that is a known issue amongst some nexus 5's. when i mentioned that to the Google customer service rep, he immediately said RMA. so getting a new phone sent out.

Last edited:

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
well today in class i also had an issue with the vibrate being unreasonably weak. tot he point where i couldn't feel it in my pocket but also could not hear it while on a table in front of me, both in class and at a restaurant. never had that. then half the time it was nice and loud. i googled it and that is a known issue amongst some nexus 5's. when i mentioned that to the Google customer service rep, he immediately said RMA. so getting a new phone sent out.

Nice. BTW, I would remove the picture in the OP. It has your IMEI number in full.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine is mostly black, there is a small section of white, not sure if I wore it off (doubtful as it's in a case 99% of the time) or came that way. I doubt the sticker being white is from use, remember these are fairly new phones (Nov 2013), so if the sticker was that worn from use, you'd most likely see other evidence of heavy use on the phone.

I would discuss the issue with Google, they can provide a mfg date or will exchange it if you feel uncomfortable about the sticker.